Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I doubt he'll respond. Then again this is a guy who probably turns down offers to talk from Rolling Stone magazine yet randomly starts his own Twitter so who knows 

Ironically one of the first people he followed (and tweeted at) is Andy Greene, an associate editor at Rolling Stone :lol:

28 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Maybe muzzle was the wrong way to put it. I'm hoping that GNR management didn't want the news of Izzy playing with GNR to leak so now they are asking him to deny involvement in the reunion. Just the same as it appears they've done to Adler.

Ooooooooooh, OK. I completely misunderstood you. You meant that you're hoping this is just a misdirect by TB? At least that's what I think you're saying. 

The biggest difference I see between this and Pitman is that Pitman said he was involved then made it sound like he was told to say he might not be. Whereas Izzy has been quiet for years, so there wouldn't be any reason to shut him up so to speak. 

In short, I think this is Izzy clarifying that he isn't involved and that's it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I doubt he'll respond. Then again this is a guy who probably turns down offers from Rolling Stone magazine yet randomly starts his own Twitter so who knows 

He is following the Rolling Stone profile and tweeting a RS editor though.

4 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Or maybe it's a conspiracy and he is involved and he's just fibbing on Twitter to keep it a secret and keep the rumors down?!

not sure why he adds the "at this point in time" bit- perhaps he posted then he signed the paperwork. maybe they are in negotiations. axl did say "izzy is expensive" maybe he wanted too much? many unanswered questions

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Maybe what this means is he wont have any saying in the planning and decision making, but can still show up just to play?

Nah, he makes it pretty clear that there are no plans currently involving him in any of the April GN'R shows.

The only thing i am unclear about is whether the material he says he's written is for GN'R. He says he's written material, but not with the other GN'R members. That still leaves the possibility of him writing stuff and handing it over to be worked on by the others, without deeper collaboration or further involvement. I can only assume he is referring to writing material for Guns N' Roses given the subject matter of his tweets.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

The reunion seems to be a shambles in my opinion, no one knows who is in or out. No one in the gnr camp is saying anything. 

I think that organisers of coachella threw axl slash n duff a large amount of cash and they have just run with it.

Edited by BrayWyatt

2 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

The reunion seems to be shambles in my opinion, no one knows who is in or out. No one in the gnr camp is saying anything. 

I think that organisers of coachella threw axl slash n duff a large amount of cash and they have just run with it.

"In shambles".    Yeah ....no .              People need to calm down. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

not sure why he adds the "at this point in time" bit- perhaps he posted then he signed the paperwork. maybe they are in negotiations. axl did say "izzy is expensive" maybe he wanted too much? many unanswered questions

I dont think there is any kind of negociation going on, otherwise Izzy would have kept silent until the deals were done instead of going through the trouble of creating a Twitter account to say he's not involved (and that he's quit avocato farming).

• Like 1

Yeah Russ thanks for stealing my thread. ? I knew Izzy's to cool to be lumped in with general social media thread.

One thing I do find a little odd and possibly reading to much into, why didn't he get Duff or some GNR person to release his twitter? 

If he's really got to the point were he feels he's had to put the record straight, I can't help feeling there must be a whole big mess behind the scenes. Hopefully this might force somebody's hand in to talking.

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, emybdc said:

He is following the Rolling Stone profile and tweeting a RS editor though.

Initially I read that as he wants to update people on the April gigs so therefore he must be involved, but then I realized that he probably just means he wanted to update people that he's not involved (and not about the gigs themselves).

• Like 1

Look at the way he phrased it..."At this point in time....."  Totally seems like he's involved but things aren't finalized yet.  That's what I thought of when I first read it.  Not sure why people would think this means that he is in no way involved....I read it as the complete opposite.....:lol:

If he was out, he would have simply said he is not involved in the April shows and will not be there.  Period. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Initially I read that as he wants to update people on the April gigs so therefore he must be involved, but then I realized that he probably just means he wanted to update people that he's not involved (and not about the gigs themselves).

Yep, that caused a lot of confusion, but I think you're right.

1 minute ago, Ant said:

Sounds like he wants more cash.... negotiations ongoing kind of thing... garner some public support...

The tickets are $100-350 or so face value for Vegas. Not to mention the killing they'll make for merchandise and beer etc. They should back up the brinks truck and give Izzy what he wants.

The account has 7 tweets... "Rick,Its Izzy . I bought a computer and opened a twitter account ! I`ve given up avocado farming and am writing again" So, Izzy in 2016 buys a computer and decides to create a twitter account to tell everybody he is not involved... Sorry, I just don't believe it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebones said:

The account has 7 tweets... "Rick,Its Izzy . I bought a computer and opened a twitter account ! I`ve given up avocado farming and am writing again" So, Izzy in 2016 buys a computer and decides to create a twitter account to tell everybody he is not involved... Sorry, I just don't believe it.

It's been confirmed as Izzy by a guy who previously ran an Izzy fan site and has had communication with him. I have to admit I was skeptical but this Downliner dude has no reason to bullshit us.