Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

2 hours ago, downliner said:

- Confirmed he wouldn't go on tour with Adler after the Key Club gig, which he didnt

What was that about? I wasn't a fan at the time so this is the first I've heard about this.

This seems really cut and dry to me... it sounds like he wants to / would be involved but is presently not. Like previously stated, he did not categorically shut it down... lots of qualified little statements....

Bummer is I feel like its a money thing... like they won't give him a % or something... Even if you're not driven by money, it's insulting to be made contractually smaller than your peers when you wrote half the songs they're living off of. This is now wild speculation on my part haha.... but it's a shame because it felt like on this forum there was a sense of confidence he was a lock for at least Vegas. 

I cannot stress how much Izzy being involved matters to me as a member of the GNR fan 1%. I want to shout it from the rooftops.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Amir said:

What was that about? I wasn't a fan at the time so this is the first I've heard about this.

I think Adler made some reference in an interview after the Key Club show that Izzy might join his band Adlers Appetite for a few shows in Argentina. Izzy sent us an update saying it wasn't true and he wanted fans to know that he wouldnt be going :)

• Like 1

I think it's real. For those shocked Izzy is speaking out one thing we know about him is that he's said over and over he hates being dictated to. If negotiations failed and they told him not to say anything, he would do the opposite. 

Also he probably didn't want fans to be disappointed after Niven said he was involved with recording. Izzy has always been a cool dude. 

Andy Greene will confirm it soon enough when he gets the e-mail from Izzy. 

I also agree these statements really seem like he's open to it but they couldn't come to terms$$

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, downliner said:

Check the timestamps @vloors :) Appetite for Guns n Roses follows the chopaway account on Twitter and shared it with the Izzy facebook page afterwards. Mentioned it here too:

Guess we all had hoped for more then a big 3 reunion. I will still hold a glimmer of hope until I see the twitter has the blue tick of approval.

I'm not a big Twitter-er but what's with all the people liking Izzy's tweet about him not being involved with the April shows? What GNR fan wouldn't want him involved? I'm sure there are a few Axl nut cases that still hold resentment towards Slash but I figured Izzy is beloved by all GNR fans,young and old.

4 hours ago, PITBOSS said:

not sure why he adds the "at this point in time" bit- perhaps he posted then he signed the paperwork. maybe they are in negotiations. axl did say "izzy is expensive" maybe he wanted too much? many unanswered questions

Izzy is probably expensive compared to musicians like DJ or Tommy who Axl is used to paying for, but Izzy wrote half of the Gn'R songs - he deserves his share

Disappointing - yes. Surprising - no.

Since this was first announced, it's smelled of an Old/Nu hybrid, with Slash and Fortus as a 2 man guitar team and Frank on the drums. Guest spots for Izzy, Matt and Steven on an ad hoc basis.

It will be Axl, Slash and Duff laughing all the way to the bank on this one

@downliner is the Izzy authority here, so if he says this is legit, it's legit.

HOWEVER, I noticed that when Izzy writes "I've", it shows up with the Spanish looking apostrophe, as opposed to the English one. (I don't even know how to get that key on my keyboard for what it's worth.)

That is the only thing that makes me slightly suspect that something is not right here....

Edited by The Real McCoy

Nobody panic, Izzy is very specific about it. He says "at this point in time" and he means the April shows. So maybe we will see him at some point during the actual U.S. Tour. Having said that I do feel bad for the fans who were hoping to see him in Vegas and/or Coachella. Still I thank Izzy for coming forward with the news. The GN'R none communication policy is idiotic.

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

I'm not a big Twitter-er but what's with all the people liking Izzy's tweet about him not being involved with the April shows? What GNR fan wouldn't want him involved? I'm sure there are a few Axl nut cases that still hold resentment towards Slash but I figured Izzy is beloved by all GNR fans,young and old.

"Liking" a tweet doesn't mean you like what the tweet is reporting. It's just a "thanks for tweeting this" kind of thing.

The one thing you can take from the tweets is that he's not against being involved in the shows.

But if it's a money thing and he's asking for an equal share or something similar just to turn up whenever he wants, I don't really blame the others for saying no and moving on.

There was the rumour that he'd turn up for some shows but not others. That's treating his fans with more contempt than Axl ever has.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No disrespect, but I think the idea of hoping TB "putting a muzzle" on anyone, let alone Izzy Stradlin is ridiculous. 

These are grown men and should be able to say what they want about their own lives.

Yeah, they SHOULD be able to .....

I guess they could have said you have to commit to the US tour and he declined. 

Or he wants 25% like Slash and Duff. Axl would have to give up his 50%? 

I guess he could be playing hard ball. It does seem like the Big 3 thing was decided a while ago though. 

Surely if it's not a money wrangle then if he wanted to play they'd let him? How could they really deny him that. He wrote half the songs. 

• Like 1