Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

12 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

ju ju hounds and 117...two of the greatest albums of all time. 

Said no one EVER.

Sorry, I know I'm just being "that guy" but you really need to re-evaluate your greatest albums of all time if there are any Izzy Stradlin (or if I'm honest, GNR) records on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Said no one EVER.

Sorry, I know I'm just being "that guy" but you really need to re-evaluate your greatest albums of all time if there are any Izzy Stradlin (or if I'm honest, GNR) records on it.

That first Ju Ju Hounds record is a GREAT one. 117 degrees is good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tsinindy said:
4 hours ago, Asia said:

I don't know, I don't care. I'm not really getting into this. If Downliner or (who is an unqestionable authority in today's world? Can't think of any, sadly, but put in whoever suits this description for you) told me Axl had grown himself donkey's ears and a tail, I would not believe them because it just doesn't make sense.

I don't know Downliner. All I know about him is that so far he's been very spot on in getting information about Izzy. But that doesn't mean to me that whatever he says for the rest of his lifetime must be true regardless whether it makes any sense or not. Maybe he got hacked, maybe it is not him, maybe he is in the Amazon jungle on a trip of his life and his younger brother is having fun with his email and social media, maybe there's another explanation, I don't care. Not accusing him of anything, not undermining his credibility, I just don't get into that. 

What's interesting though is that it is so easy for everyone to believe that Izzy's housemaid or gardener is using his twitter, that Izzy's gone mad, that he is a dork, that he's an idiot, that he's fucking with everyone bla, bla but in case of Downliner it is all out of the question, it absolutely must be Downliner himself and what he says must be true - all the other theories are stupid. 

And your argument here is "because you don't know Izzy personally" Well, great. And do I know Downliner personally? Or do you?

Edited by Apollo
New forum system won't let me delete a post once I start replying to it. Annoying.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I've had that trouble too Apollo...I usually post it and then delete it, that seems to clear everything up on my end at least :)

Do you mean you can't remove the quote from the editor box? If so, click (or it might be double click) into the quotation then back space. This works for me using Safari browser.

@Apollo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Asia said:

I don't know, I don't care. I'm not really getting into this. If Downliner or (who is an unqestionable authority in today's world? Can't think of any, sadly, but put in whoever suits this description for you) told me Axl had grown himself donkey's ears and a tail, I would not believe them because it just doesn't make sense.

I don't know Downliner. All I know about him is that so far he's been very spot on in getting information about Izzy. But that doesn't mean to me that whatever he says for the rest of his lifetime must be true regardless whether it makes any sense or not. Maybe he got hacked, maybe it is not him, maybe he is in the Amazon jungle on a trip of his life and his younger brother is having fun with his email and social media, maybe there's another explanation, I don't care. Not accusing him of anything, not undermining his credibility, I just don't get into that. 

What's interesting though is that it is so easy for everyone to believe that Izzy's housemaid or gardener is using his twitter, that Izzy's gone mad, that he is a dork, that he's an idiot, that he's fucking with everyone bla, bla but in case of Downliner it is all out of the question, it absolutely must be Downliner himself and what he says must be true - all the other theories are stupid. 

And your argument here is "because you don't know Izzy personally" Well, great. And do I know Downliner personally? Or do you?

Axl growing donkey ears is the same thing in terms of believability as Izzy setting up a Twitter account? Uhh, ok. 

Some people are looking at it logically. A few are looking at emotionally. 

My stance (not an argument) is exactly what I said it was and 0% of how you tried to reframe it. 

If people think this is a hacker then they are saying that Downliner is being punked. That he got fooled by the email and by the phone call, and that the hacker was also a grade A level voice impressionist. 

Or they are saying that downliner is "in on it" and part of the scam. 

None of us know Izzy. That's why it is funny to see all the posts from Slash787 and a couple others continually saying "Izzy wouldn't say that" and "if this was Izzy he would do this"......

Also kind of like all the hyperbole posts about Izzy "trying so hard" and "Izzy spent all day" when the guy makes two tweets that took less than a minute. It's hilarious. 

For me it's simple. I choose to believe the most logical outcome. 

the person on this forum who is closest to Izzy says that he believes it is him. From private messages to phone calls. And High voltage is as solid and reliable as anybody on this forum. If he vouches for somebody then you can take that to the bank. 

That seems more logical than a hacker breaking into Izzy's computer and phone. And then being able to fool Downliner by digging through old emails and finding a reference to a personal story. And the. Being able to disguise his voice enough to fool him on a phone call.

And if it was an actual hacker and he had access to all of Izzy's private emails and phone numbers, then surely Izzy would publically address that  as well as getting the police involved  

And way more logical than the third option. Which is that it is a hoax. And Downliner is in on it. HV is in on it. Russ is in on it. 

Those are your three options. 

Pick one and go with it. No need to be angry about it or to get butthurt when people don't agree with you. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Slash told Vicky Hamilton a reunion wasn't happening.  She even showed the text message.  We found out that wasn't the case.  Just something to think about

Funny, at first people accused of her of lying. "Slash wouldn't text her. She is a nobody and hanger-on just trying to drum up publicity."

Then when she showed the text the same people bashed her for not keeping the text secret. No apologies for calling her a liar. 

Gnr fans are an interesting bunch. 

19 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Do you mean you can't remove the quote from the editor box? If so, click (or it might be double click) into the quotation then back space. This works for me using Safari browser.

@Apollo

All that works on my laptop....but not from my phone. 

Not that big of a deal. Just annoying when I want to reply to a different post!

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Axl growing donkey ears is the same thing in terms of believability as Izzy setting up a Twitter account? Uhh, ok. 

My stance (not an argument) is exactly what I said it was and 0% of how you tried to reframe it. 

If people think this is a hacker then they are saying that Downliner is being punked. That he got fooled by the email and by the phone call, and that the hacker was also a grade A level voice impressionist. 

None of us know Izzy. That's why it is funny to see all the posts from Slash787 and a couple others continually saying "Izzy wouldn't say that" and "if this was Izzy he would do this"......

Also kind of like all the hyperbole posts about Izzy "trying so hard" and "Izzy spent all day" when the guy makes two tweets that took less than a minute. It's hilarious. 

the person on this forum who is closest to Izzy says that he believes it is him. From private messages to phone calls. And High voltage is as solid and reliable as anybody on this forum. If he vouches for somebody then you can take that to the bank. 

That seems more logical than a hacker breaking into Izzy's computer and phone. And then being able to fool Downliner by digging through old emails and finding a reference to a personal story. And the. Being able to disguise his voice enough to fool him on a phone call.

And if it was an actual hacker and he had access to all of Izzy's private emails and phone numbers, then surely Izzy would publically address that  as well as getting the police involved  

And way more logical than the third option. Which is that it is a hoax. And Downliner is in on it. HV is in on it. Russ is in on it. 

Pick one and go with it. No need to be angry about it or to get butthurt when people don't agree with you. 

Don't even waste your time with it anymore.  Let them believe what they want.

It's not even as if Izzy is even saying anything controversial other than his non participation. ...really not sure what the fuss is about anymore. 

59 minutes ago, Apollo said:

This.

What annoys me the most is there is nothing new to discuss - if you're not a believer by now, get over it. It's lame to go "that is so fake" and start bashing every time we're talking about something he tweeted.

• Like 2

I don't even really care anymore if it's him or not. I am very curious, though, why he won't be part of it if that is the case, because if any old member has been involved in GnR in the last years and never gave a clear ''no'' in interviews when asked about a reunion, then it's Mr. Stradlin himself, so that begs the question... 

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Well we're discussing Izzy's tweets but since we don't know whether it's him or no we have the right to doubt it until we have the proven evidence it's actually him.

What's wrong with that? Maybe it is really Izzy who's tweeting but I have the right not to believe it 

There's plenty evidence that he's the real deal.

You have the right to believe whatever you want, yes, like you have the right to believe Paul Mcartney is dead and William Campbell is the replacement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

There's plenty evidence that he's the real deal.

You have the right to believe whatever you want, yes, like you have the right to believe Paul Mcartney is dead and William Campbell is the replacement.

Honestly there is only one piece of "evidence" that he is the real deal and that is Will's word.  

Thats it.  Everything else can be twisted one way or another from an objective standpoint.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is at the point that they really do need to just release the fucking line up so we can see if this whole thing is going to be a joke or not.

Band members burying the hatchet and reuniting after 20 years despite claiming it will never happen to play nostalgia shows to fill their pension funds...how can it NOT be a joke? A hybrid lineup will make it slightly less like a joke, because at least then they are not fully embracing the nostalgia act and we might just hope to hear some newer songs that are somewhat relevant.

From what I see, he will do only a couple of shows, he has done that in the past, so why not now?

I guess he doesn't even cares about all this politics between Axl, Slash and Duff. He legally left the group in 1991 and gave up all the rights. If he was actually there full time, his name would have been up there.

They know he is not reliable and he can back out at anytime. Axl has also said in the past that he liked Izzy showing up here and there, but they din't have to rely on him if he din't show up. 

I really don't know his aversion from touring, in the past 20 years he has not done any solo tours, I really dont know why. He has released some good music over the years. Even after all these years he does have respect from the fans, so he could have easily done small solo tours. 

Edited by Slash787

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Band members burying the hatchet and reuniting after 20 years despite claiming it will never happen to play nostalgia shows to fill their pension funds...how can it NOT be a joke? A hybrid lineup will make it slightly less like a joke, because at least then they are not fully embracing the nostalgia act and we might just hope to hear some newer songs that are somewhat relevant.

I am not sure what Fortus, Frank and Pittman add that will make the songs any more relevant.  I know that there was plenty of relevant music when Slash, Izzy and Duff were in the band.. How much relevant music has been released with the hybrid members since then? ummmmm.. none lol

• Like 2

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I am not sure what Fortus, Frank and Pittman add that will make the songs any more relevant.  I know that there was plenty of relevant music when Slash, Izzy and Duff were in the band.. How much relevant music has been released with the hybrid members since then? ummmmm.. none lol

Songs off AFD and UYI are very dated today, good but dated. Songs off CD are slightly more relevant. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion. I don't want nostalgia, I want somethign new, or as new as possible. I couldn't care less about a full reunion that will never be anything but a shadow of what they did in the 90s. Forward, never backwards.

• Like 1

Songs off AFD and UYI are very dated today, good but dated. Songs off CD are slightly more relevant. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion. I don't want nostalgia, I want somethign new, or as new as possible. I couldn't care less about a full reunion that will never be anything but a shadow of what they did in the 90s. Forward, never backwards.

Two things....CD has never really been relevant, ever.  The only relevant thing about it was the long delay, hype etc leading up to its release.  Once it was released it became quite irrelevant after initial sales.

AFD songs are not dated.  In all honesty it is the last great true rock and roll album.  I'd agre to an extent UYI songs can be viewed as dated.

Finally (ok, so three things!).  Everything has been a shadow of what they did from 1986-1993.

Rock and Roll (which is basically dead) was a young mans game.  Always has been and always will be.

• Like 2

Dated but they are still blasted all over the radio, sporting events, movies and parties.. I get it is your personal opinion but you may need to find another word than relevant.. CD certainly wasn't that..

Not going to go back and forth with you on this but they haven't been relevant since Slash left the band.. Some of Slash's solo work has had some radio airplay and VR were certainly relevant for awhile. I would say having Slash back gives them a better chance at being relevant than Pittman, Frank and Fortus combined lol.. Fortus may have been relevant with N Sync, I am not sure..

Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but you may need to look up another word to plead your case than relevant.

• Like 3