Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

48 minutes ago, Route66 said:

This is all just the way GNR do publicity. Confirm or deny? Never going to happen. The more people talk the better the publicity. 

Yes, I can see it now...

Axl: "Hey, Izzy. You know what'd be funny? If you make a Twitter account and say you're not involved with the gigs, and then when people try to hound you to show proof that it's really you, just ignore them and post a bunch of weird shit instead to make them either doubtful or confused. Blabbermouth would be all over that shit, man."

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

Still not "confirmed" but this guy from the Wall Street Journal says he has 2 sources saying it's real :)

Not sure if I can post this here so mods feel free to delete, but I wrote up a summary of the events to date for anyone who might be a little confused (I know I am!). I've put links to the 4 GNR forums that I know to be discussing this at the bottom but obviously mygnr gets more mentions because it all unfolded here :)

I sent a link to my summary to Ultimate Classic Rock and they replied saying they'd been in contact with "possible Izzy" but couldn't verify that it was him :lol:

• Like 1

Downliner, you should have never been doubted. I was just going to post (my damn computer is so fucking slow!!!), we can now confirm it real. A video, of the man. Its all we asked. We all assumed, but there's the definitive proof. At least that ends one mystery.

Downliner, once again thanks for eveyrthing you provided.

So I hope those who doubted downlines have the decency to acknowledge the fact that they were wrong.  

Thanks again @downliner for helping and providing clarity to the community.  Really great to see Izzy have an online presence for the fans.  Even better we have one who has a personal connection to the living legend. 

• Like 2

ahhhhh the mystery is solved!!! I always had faith it was the Izz. Like I said in my other post, some people take longer to get the hang of Twitter and whatnot. Still bummed he isn't gonna be playing with GNR "at this time" but who knows...

Izzy making a public statement in regards to GNR should be enough to tell people he's currently not involved (if you're in you don't talk) As we get closer things will only get crazier...I feel like we have a long way to go before the band hits the stage. 

Gnr can make a circus out of anything.