Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

18 minutes ago, Archtop said:

is it just me or is their something odd about Izzy's face, left side.

Come on now! Isnt it enough that Jose the Mexican hacker has breached Izzy's email, perfected his voice down to a tee to fool downliner, and learned to play the guitar, do you also demand that his mask making skills should be impeccable??

Edited by SoulMonster
Corrected mistakes
  • Like 4

@downliner we owe you a debt of thanks. I haven't doubted you, but as tends to happen around here, when someone brings news, they get senselessly flames for it. Thank you for weathering the storm of shit to let us know about Izzy's foray into Twitter. Someday even the folks who shat on you will come to appreciate it. 

Just sorry it wasn't better news than Izzy not being in the reunion! :P

46 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

HAHAHAHA!

@Slash787 @starlight @tsinindy @Asia @Padme @StrangerInThisTown ... what say you? :P

As I said before mate, this was not about winning or losing, He made a video which is pretty good, at least we got something productive from him. Some people making rude comments or taking a jab at the people who din't believe was not cool at all.

I hope we get more videos or even songs from Izzy. Many people don't know who is Russ or the computer genius Highvoltage or Downliner outside these forums, so a clarification and verification was needed for them too. 

He is not my or your relative that we should fight over him, we won't inherit his properties. We are just fans and everyone has a different point of view. 

Izzy if you are looking at this post, which I know you are, it would be great if you could register here and maybe have a chat with your fans, More videos would be cool from you. 

• Like 3

I find it amusing how people choose to believe Eddie Money and not Izzy in regards to what Izzy is going to do :D Eddie's been spot on on so many things, sure, but I would think Izzy would know best. Wouldn't you? But yeah, Izzy could just have opened a Twitter account to flat out lie to us... Never let facts and evidence ruin a comfortable dream.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I find it amusing how people choose to believe Eddie Money and not Izzy in regards to what Izzy is going to do :D Eddie's been spot on on so many things, sure, but I would think Izzy would know best. Wouldn't you? But yeah, Izzy could just have opened a Twitter account to flat out lie to us... Never let facts and evidence ruin a comfortable dream.

Facts and evidence? Comfortable dream? Coming from the man who thinks GNR will now be less productive with its best songwriters in band, and who thinks CD2 is some masterpiece waiting to be unleashed, now that's dreaming.

Just now, Philipm787 said:

Facts and evidence? Comfortable dream? Coming from the man who thinks GNR will now be less productive with its best songwriters in band, and who thinks CD2 is some masterpiece waiting to be unleashed, now that's dreaming.

Yes, I think GN'R has less chance of releasing anything new with this new lineup, because everything suggests this is a pure cash-grab lineup meant to capitalize on the substantial nostalgia market surrounding AFD and UYI and the myth of Axl and Slash.

I agree that this is a strong songwriting lineup, but that doesn't mean anything if they are not motivated to make music together, which I have no reason to believe they are. I find it implausible that Axl would go from despising Slash to now want to write music with him, I also find it implausible that Slash and Duff would accept Axl's procratination, inexhaustible perfection, and settled idiosyncracies, as part of a song creating process. A release of already existing music, e.g. the CD2 material, is much more plausible, especially if the lineup would be happy to tour that release, which I believe the last lineup would have done.

I don't think CD2 is a masterpiece (you got me confused with someone else, perhaps?). I think it is about as good as CD, with some great songs and some not great songs, so a good record. This is based on the fact that the music was created at the same time as CD and, from numerous accounts, that it wasn't "leftovers" but songs inteded to go on a second album. So yeah, a good album, but not a masterpiece.

I would much more have a good new album with original songs than a lacklustre lineup catering to pure nostalgia. If I can't choose then I will happily accept what I receive.

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, I think GN'R has less chance of releasing anything new with this new lineup, because everything suggests this is a pure cash-grab lineup meant to capitalize on the substantial nostalgia market surrounding AFD and UYI and the myth of Axl and Slash.

I agree that this is a strong songwriting lineup, but that doesn't mean anything if they are not motivated to make music together, which I have no reason to believe they are. I find it implausible that Axl would go from despising Slash to now want to write music with him, I also find it implausible that Slash and Duff would accept Axl's procratination, inexhaustible perfection, and settled idiosyncracies, as part of a song creating process. A release of already existing music, e.g. the CD2 material, is much more plausible, especially if the lineup would be happy to tour that release, which I believe the last lineup would have done.

Axl has been cash-grabbing on nostalgia jaunts since about 2011. I agree with you that this reunion is distasteful cash grabbing of the highest order, but it is not as if Axl was an active creative artist releasing albums and turning down sell-out opportunities. The only difference between nugnr c.2011-14 and reunited guns c.2016, is that the latter has the common decency to be with the originals (or three of them should I say). They are both cashgrabs and Axl has locked his muse in the vault, long before this reunion.

Or to put it another way, the switch from Axl, the artist, to Axl, the cheesy cash-grabber, is a switch which has happened irrespective of Slash and Duff.

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think CD2 is a masterpiece (you got me confused with someone else, perhaps?). I think it is about as good as CD, with some great songs and some not great songs, so a good record. This is based on the fact that the music was created at the same time as CD and, from numerous accounts, that it wasn't "leftovers" but songs inteded to go on a second album. So yeah, a good album, but not a masterpiece.

How can you possible know this?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Axl has been cash-grabbing on nostalgia jaunts since about 2011. I agree with you that this reunion is distasteful cash grabbing of the highest order, but it is not as if Axl was an active creative artist releasing albums and turning down sell-out opportunities. The only difference between nugnr c.2011-14 and reunited guns c.2016, is that the latter has the common decency to be with the originals (or three of them should I say). They are both cashgrabs and Axl has locked his muse in the vault, long before this reunion.

Or to put it another way, the switch from Axl, the artist, to Axl, the cheesy cash-grabber, is a switch which has happened irrespective of Slash and Duff.

How can you possible know this?

I don't KNOW it, as I explicitly and carefully wrote, I THINK it ;). And I base it on numerous statements from people who got to hear demos saying some of the absolute best songs form CD sesions were not included on CD and Axl's own statements that he set aside songs for later albums. It fits with Axl's way of setting aside strong songs for later.

As for the first part of your post: I haven't claimed that GN'R hasn't been catering to the nostalgia market. You are confused. I said that it is more so now with the new lineup.

15 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Songs off AFD and UYI are very dated today, good but dated. Songs off CD are slightly more relevant. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion. I don't want nostalgia, I want somethign new, or as new as possible. I couldn't care less about a full reunion that will never be anything but a shadow of what they did in the 90s. Forward, never backwards.

I have no idea what you are talking about saying that some of the best songs ever written are dated. This is some serious nonsense.

I also have no idea what you are talking about when you say that Chinese Democracy songs are relevant. I dont know about you but those songs have zero relevance to me because they dont move me and whatever "relevance" they may have on its lyrics and subjects is completely lost since they are basically impossible to listen.

Now I agree 100% with you on NEW STUFF. Thats why Izzy has got to be there. Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff can write GREAT NEW MUSIC, music that fucking moves you.

Anyone that knows this band should know that.

Izzy has spoken out, stated he's currently not involved with GNR. Beyond that, no how or why or if he cares, and things could change come the tour anyway. Just another weird chapter in the story of GNR.

No wonder things went the way they did if they communicate with each other in a similar fashion.

Axl: "Would you be willing to join us on tour?"

Izzy: "Hey, man, have you seen that video of that guy impersonating you?"

Axl: "?"

Izzy: "Do you know anyone who wants some avocados?"

Pitman: "I'm up for some avocados."

Izzy: "..."

Axl: "..."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't KNOW it, as I explicitly and carefully wrote, I THINK it ;). And I base it on numerous statements from people who got to hear demos saying some of the absolute best songs form CD sesions were not included on CD and Axl's own statements that he set aside songs for later albums. It fits with Axl's way of setting aside strong songs for later.

It is barely worth thinking about, such is the scanty evidence. Let me show how preposterous even 'thinking about CD2' is? There has been recent rumblings of a twenty-third Stones album? Should I then ''think that it might be rockier, superior to A Bigger Bang, have more ballads, etc etc.''. What is the purpose of thinking when my evidence on a hypothetical album can be written on a postage stamp? This discussion reminds me of Rovim-Wasted's conversations.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

more so now with the new lineup.

How so? Axl has long since abandoned creativity and prostituted himself on beer commercials. Ashba was a sunset strip clone of Slosh. The setlist has remained statuary since 2011. I fail to see any discernible weakening of (a perceived) Axl's muse since this reunion announcement. Axl ditched songwriting in 2011; it is a decision entirely separate from reunion. The guy is washed out.

What do I say? Well, obviously Izzy was fucking with us, after all, still don't know what for, but maybe he just finds it amusing? Don't know. He behaved like a 100% of a cupcake though.

Looks like I was wrong this time, don't have a problem with that, especially that there were many reasons to believe what I believed. Never called Downliner a liar, only didn't believe it was Izzy without getting into details of Downliner's role in it . I'm not sure if I need to appologize to him but should he feel in any way offended, no problem, my appologies then.

Anyway the fact that this is Izzy doesn't change that it is all stilll very strange... Izzy is a much stranger individual than I've thought. Why did he become so active now, of all times? What went wrong in the negotiations? Interesting....

• Like 1