Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

32 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

I have no idea what you are talking about saying that some of the best songs ever written are dated. This is some serious nonsense.

I also have no idea what you are talking about when you say that Chinese Democracy songs are relevant. I dont know about you but those songs have zero relevance to me because they dont move me and whatever "relevance" they may have on its lyrics and subjects is completely lost since they are basically impossible to listen.

I think they are awfully dated, YET at the SAME time some of my favourite songs.

And no, I didn't say CD songs are relevant, I said they are "slightly more relevant" than older GN'R songs. You are the second person who misunderstood this :D

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is barely worth thinking about, such is the scanty evidence. Let me show how preposterous even 'thinking about CD2' is? There has been recent rumblings of a twenty-third Stones album? Should I then ''think that it might be rockier, superior to A Bigger Bang, have more ballads, etc etc.''. What is the purpose of thinking when my evidence on a hypothetical album can be written on a postage stamp? This discussion reminds me of Rovim-Wasted's conversations.

How so? Axl has long since abandoned creativity and prostituted himself on beer commercials. Ashba was a sunset strip clone of Slosh. The setlist has remained statuary since 2011. I fail to see any discernible weakening of (a perceived) Axl's muse since this reunion announcement. Axl ditched songwriting in 2011; it is a decision entirely separate from reunion. The guy is washed out.

Of course we can "think" that CD2 will be about as good as CD one based on all the statements we have on unreleased songs. Don't be daft :D

Because it takes less work to release something that is semi-finished than something that is unstarted.

30 minutes ago, Asia said:

Why did he become so active now, of all times?

To refute false rumours about a pretty significant thing in GN'R history that involved him? And it's not that he hasn't spoken out before, the new here is using Twitter. "So active, of all times"? Duh, his avocado farming failed giving him plenty of time to chat about.

4 hours ago, downliner said:

BOOOOOM!

Now this has got to be the coolest tweet ever.

Hopefully Izzy will keep them coming.

There is only ONE THING that can top this tweet

Its when we get it coming from Guns n Roses. 

"This we recorded today. Its a brand new one called [insert name here]". Cheers. Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff

• Like 1

I will have to say that Jose, the Mexican hacker, is so good at impersonating Izzy that it doesn't matter if Izzy isn't involved in the upcoming gigs, just hire Jose! No one will see or hear the difference. Except for being a "dork" and "retarded" on Twitter, which doesn't matter onstage, Jose is 100 % identical to Izzy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

I also have no idea what you are talking about when you say that Chinese Democracy songs are relevant. I dont know about you but those songs have zero relevance to me because they dont move me and whatever "relevance" they may have on its lyrics and subjects is completely lost since they are basically impossible to listen.

Are you saying that 'sitting in a Chinese stew' is not pertinent to the year 2016? Lyrics like that are timeless maaann!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think they are awfully dated, YET at the SAME time some of my favourite songs.

And no, I didn't say CD songs are relevant, I said they are "slightly more relevant" than older GN'R songs. You are the second person who misunderstood this :D

I still have no idea why you keep saying that GNR songs are dated.

Are you talking about the album versions, meaning something like "the production of AFD is so much 80-ish that I cant stand it" or "the production in UYI is too clean" etc?

If thats the case, I got to tell you that I think AFD aged REALLY well produtcion-wise and it sounds much less dated than 90% of the albums from the 80s. I also have to tell you that I dont really listen to Appetite because I have listened to it so much in 1990/1991/1992 that I eventually couldnt listen to it anymore and what "saved me" then was (and what saves me now is) the bootlegs. I have basically been listening to bootlegs instead of the albums and i know some of them by heart like Pasadena 1987, Ritz 1988, Japan 1988, Rio 1991, Indiana 1991, etc Also you can probably make a 4 album worth of unreleased GNR music if you gather all the songs available on bootlegs that were never officially released.

UYI is another beast as I never really liked the production but it somehow aged well too, I still get a kick out of listening to songs like Coma etc. And I still think songs like Bad Apples were recorded really bad -- the production was not able to capture how good that song is -- you just have to listen to the Rio 1991 live version of it to notice how terrific that song really can be.

Well, all this to say that i couldnt care less about a song being "relevant" to the entire planet if it is not relevant to me.

And what makes a song relevant to me is how much it MOVES me.

GNR songs (those written and recorded by Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff) have never failed to move me.

That makes them relevant to me.

I think now this has been resolved in full it's time to lock the topic. It's been a fun and bumpy ride all the way from Twizzy and his avocados to real Izzy and his new music. :lol:

Any further tweets from Izzy can be discussed in the Social Media thread or a thread can be created to specifically discuss his non involvement in the up coming shows if anyone wishes.