Pitman out of the reunion?

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He spent 20 years in a band under the promise and impression that it would eventually be a real band and actually make and release music.

At the very least I have more sympathy for him than the junkie drummer everyone seems to love. 

At least Adler was on the band's definitive album and gave the songs their swing. I don't feel bad for Chris wasting 20 years of his life on songs that never got released. Sure, it sucks for him as well as the fans who would love to hear all of Axl's unreleased music, but if he didn't like it he could have left. We saw that with Finck and more recently Bumblefoot and DJ. I could see sticking it out for so long under the false impression, but surely by the Vegas gigs he realized new music wasn't happening anytime soon. Bitterness is also no excuse for his ego and how he acts like he is/was an integral part of the band.

He was with the band for twenty years. In that time they only released one album. It took over a decade to get that one album to the public. There hadn't been any movement toward another album or new music for quite some time. The writing was really on the wall, and if anyone was sticking around Guns N' Roses because they wanted to release new music, it was a pretty futile and naive endeavor.  Everyone else seemed to realize that pretty quickly and went off and did their own thing.

Pitman's hissy fit really seems like sour grapes. I can understand that he feels hurt, but from what we've heard here, everyone pretty much knew after the 2014 Vegas gigs that everything was over with NuGnR and went to work on their own projects. I doubt that Axl ever told this guy that he was committing to employ him for life or anything. Pitman was paid for the work he did, and then the job ended. Happens to everyone.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bono said:

He's a total loser. He was all amped up for it when he thought he was involve dbut now that it looks like he's not he feels it's a nostalgia money grab tour? Liek Chris Fucking Pitman legitimizes the whole thing? What a  fucking clown. He's the least important and most useless member in GnR history yet has this attitude that he IS GnR. The guy is a douche and they are better off without him. Not only from his itman is GnR attitude but he's comletely useless and lessens the credibility of the whole thing with his involvement. Good riddence. 

He probably felt it couldn't be a nostalgy thing as long as he was here dangling his keyboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bono said:

He was all amped up for it when he thought he was involve dbut now that it looks like he's not he feels it's a nostalgia money grab tour?

This pretty much sums it up.  When it was first rumored, he tweeted that he was excited for the upcoming tour.  His tweet was soon deleted (probably told by management to take it down).  Came out a few days later and denied the reunion.  A few weeks went by and I'm guessing the band probably came to an agreement with Dizzy Reed in that time....Pitman is out.....then we get this from Pitman.

Pretty self explanatory.

Edited by Kasanova King

15 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Absolutely. It's gonna mislead people and honestly as long as axl slash and duff see a need for pitman then pitman ain't going nowhere. I'm not saying I necessarily want him there again, if he announces tomorrow that he's out I'm sure we'll all get over it but I just don't expect it. He's not in the way of anything and he doesn't hurt the band, plus there's UYI material and they always had two keyboard players during that so, pitman may be just fine

And still he's not needed. They did fine without keyboards prior to UYI and they also did fine on the Skins and Bones tour, which only had Dizzy, if I remember correctly.

The worst part was that interview with Freeload Pitman in which he said they don't have to release an album because it's not lucrative.

Whatever happened to artistic pursuits? The GnR machine is rolling around in cash; they should release new music without any major financial incentives. You know, like most musicians? 

Edited by yoshimura