Pitman out of the reunion?

10 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Dont care if he is in or out, as to be honest, i can barely hear his contributions live.

What i do find interesting though, is lots of people when talking about Axl, in positive or negative light, have often mentioned how loyal he is to his friends. Its a theme often related to him. I wonder how those not part of the tour, ala potentially Pittman in this case, see his loyalty now. Or how Axl genuinely feels about it, since I'm taking he takes pride in his loyalty trait. 

The nuGNR era has really pushed that whole loyalty thing, to the point where it starts to come across like emotional blackmail. Like Axl is wedded to these people else he's betrayed them. I mean, they were never partners, they're employees. He pays and treats them well. What more is there to say? I don't think Axl needs to feel any kind of way about Pittman's possible exclusion. But it seems after what he did to Slash, he became very sensitive about being seen as loyal.

6 hours ago, T-Minus said:

I love how much of an absolute, childish, thick headed, moronic dickhead he is making himself look.  Self important prick.  Unheard of out of the realms of hardcore GnR sites and why?  Because he has accomplished absolutely fucking NOTHING in music and never will.  He thinks he is some musical genius and has this superiority complex about him.  If you are reading this Mr Pitman.... Go fuck yourself, not a single person who cares about Guns N' Roses (The real one by the way, not the one that you have hacked up with your stupid, unnecessary synth and sound effects) gives a single shit about you.  Not only that, they have no idea you exist.  You have added about the same amount of layers to the Guns N' Roses legacy as any one of the members of Joe Public (whom you truly believe are beneath you and your god like ability HA) who has uploaded a cover song on youtube.   Cash grab eh?  Take those ROSE tinted glasses of and look in the mirror, you jackass.  

I hope you have lost your part in this "cash grab" due to your moronic high opinion of yourself.  Couldn't happen to a nicer person.  

Now go and make another deplorably shit, unlistenable and quite frankly embarrassing album...  Sex Tapes 2 would be a suitable title.

Yours sincerely, A mygnr Dildoe.

?????????

30 minutes ago, Karri said:

But please insult members or former members of the band till your heart's content.

That's not at all the case. People are posting their natural reaction to Chris' fb comments. We're not encouraging anyone to insult him, but at the same time we completely understand why users would be upset. 

The overall point was that other boards and their users have nothing to do with this. There's no need to post insults towards those boards or their users. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2016 at 4:01 PM, Johnny Drama said:

Unless I'm missing something here?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/gnr_member_chris_pitman_blasts_reunion_tour_a_money_grab_fuck_you.html

Guns N' Roses multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman blasted the band's latest classic-lineup "semi-reunion," calling it "a money grab."

In a subsequently-deleted post, Chris said: "This is a nostalgia tour. Please don't mention those who are there the last 20 fucking years ... oh god no!! ... (a money grab) FU."

Pitman already took a jab at the band's management last month for forcing him to deny that the reunion is happening.

Although Chris is not associated with the band's strongest, classic years, he did spend 20 years in GN'R, which is longer than Slash or Duff ever did.

Whether or not this outburst means that Pitman is no longer in the band yet remains to be seen.

But how busy was the band during those years and did he interact with Axl as much as Duff and Slash did?  I know NuGN'R did a lot of touring, but spending years with the different NuGN'R lineup, does that really trump the 7-10 years of Slash and Duff spent with Axl, writing the majority of material NuGuns played?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

This guy really pissed me off. Chris is a nobody hired hand musician. I HATE when band members who came after originals or replaced originals get mad when originals returned. It's someone else's music buddy. 

Look at how Stinson handled this and he always hinted Duff's seat was open if he wanted it back. Same with Ashba.

I guess the difference is those guys are actual in demand solid musicians while Pitman is a hack who evidently has an entitlement problem.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jjflyer said:

This guy really pissed me off. Chris is a nobody hired hand musician. I HATE when band members who came after originals or replaced originals get mad when originals returned. It's someone else's music buddy. 

Look at how Stinson handled this and he always hinted Duff's seat was open if he wanted it back. Same with Ashba.

I guess the difference is those guys are actual in demand solid musicians while Pitman is a hack who evidently has an entitlement problem.  

Yeah, whether one is an original or a replacement, there's something to be said for handling it in a diplomatic way and airing grievances privately. Venting publicly on social media never really has a good outcome.

• Like 1