Buckethead 2016 Tour

Gackt

12 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I was hanging with some hard core Bucket fans. They really didn't have any good things to say about his GnR days. It was kinda pissing me off, to be honest... Fair enough though I guess- lots of GnR fans aren't fans of his either. 

There were probably a couple of reasons for that.  A lot of Buckethead's fanbase is very protective of the guy.  During his tenure with the G'n'R, there was a lot of fan criticism that amounted to, "he's not Slash so we have to hate him."  It applied to all the new guys, but the "guy with the freakin' bucket on his head" got most of the fire.  There were also reports that some of his bandmates were less than friendly toward him (you can guess that he's not the type to hang out with the guys).  Whether that last one is true or not, the story was out there and it made a lot folks resentful of the G'n'R time period.

On 4/16/2016 at 9:13 PM, shjtjustgotreal said:

no la date, so sad :<

I'm eagerly awaiting the California dates too. In the past that's where he's wrapped up his tours -- I think he's ended his tours at the House of Blues by Disneyland several times. So hopefully this tour will follow the pattern and he will have CA shows. :)

April 20th setlist
1. Jowls
2. Gory Head Stump
3. Siege Engine
4. Binge and Grab
5. Buckethead's Toystore
6. Ghost Host
7. Meta-Matic
8. Lebrontron
9. Welcome to Bucketheadland
10. Thud
11. Hog Bitch Stomp
12. Baseball Furies
13. Crash Victim
14. Botnus
15. Robot Dance
16. I Love My Parents
17. Pure Imagination
18. Want Some Slaw? / Star Wars
19. Revenge of the Double Man
20. Giant Robot
21. Fountains of the Forgotten
22. Nottingham Lace
23. Soothsayer
24. Night of the Slunk

Edited by Gackt

April 20th - Des Moines, IA
1. Night of the Slunk
2. Gory Head Stump
3. Siege Engine
4. Meta-Matic
5. The Embalmer
6. Buckethead's Toystore
7. Ghost Host
8. Thud
9. Hog Bitch Stomp
10. Lebrontron
11. Binge and Grab
12. Welcome to Bucketheadland
13. Baseball Furies
14. Botnus
15. Robot Dance
16. Beyond the Knowing
17. Pure Imagination
18. Wondering
19. Jordan
20. Want Some Slaw? / Star Wars
21. Revenge of the Double Man
22. Giant Robot
23. Fountains of the Forgotten
24. Crash Victim
25. Nottingham Lace
26. Soothsayer
27. Pirate's Life For Me
28. Jowls

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

Could anyone who's seen one of these shows tell me what time BucketHead typically hits the stage?  For example if the doors open at 7, what time do you think he's out there?  Thanks, want to try to catch one of these.

Typically an hour after doors, so around 8pm with your example

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Does anyone know why Population Override isn't available on iTunes? 

The label (Ion Records) is really weird about that release; they sell the album on their Bandcamp as a download, CD or vinyl, but at an inflated price compared to Bucketheadland 2 & Funnel Weaver because it's been a rarity that wasn't widely distributed

https://ionrecords.bandcamp.com/album/population-override

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I went to the Ardmore gig and it was fantastic! Hope the setlist for it finds its way onto the web soon, so I can find the studio versions of the songs I didnt know.

I didn't see any vids from Ardmore besides the For Mom intro leading into Jowls..but I'll dig into youtube to see what else he played later today, since setlist.fm doesn't have a listing yet for Ardmore

Otherwise he does a rotation of the same bunch of songs typically, plus or minus a few like Coupon, Kareem's Footprint, Binge and Grab:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/buckethead/2016/bb-king-blues-club-and-grill-new-york-ny-33f17455.html

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I didn't see any vids from Ardmore besides the For Mom intro leading into Jowls..but I'll dig into youtube to see what else he played later today, since setlist.fm doesn't have a listing yet for Ardmore

Otherwise he does a rotation of the same bunch of songs typically, plus or minus a few like Coupon, Kareem's Footprint, Binge and Grab:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/buckethead/2016/bb-king-blues-club-and-grill-new-york-ny-33f17455.html

Thank you!

For anyone going to Bucket's show tonight in Raleigh, the crowd's organizing singing happy birthday to him at some point; make sure to wish Big B a happy 47th birthday today :headbang: