Rare new footage! - Guns N' Roses @ The Ritz - October 23rd, 1987

I would pay handsomely to see the whole video of that

I can't get over how good the audio is, it's like, even better than the album versions but with the rough live edge.. maybe it was remastered, because it sounds so fuckin awesome..

" The full footage will see the light of day some day, but to quote one himself "You'll see it, I'm just not sure if soon is the word"   :blink:

The whole setlist will see the light??

All this:  It's So Easy, Move To The City, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Welcome To The Jungle, My Michelle, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You're Crazy, Paradise City, Reckless Life, Mama Kin.

9 minutes ago, Jhonny_B_Good said:

" The full footage will see the light of day some day, but to quote one himself "You'll see it, I'm just not sure if soon is the word"   :blink:

The whole setlist will see the light??

All this:  It's So Easy, Move To The City, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Welcome To The Jungle, My Michelle, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You're Crazy, Paradise City, Reckless Life, Mama Kin
  " The tapes contains a clip of Jungle, and fulls songs from My Michelle through Mama KinMy Michelle, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You're Crazy, Paradise City, Reckless Life, Mama Kin.

Edited by Gibbo 27

It seems crazy that they never did a proper live VHS release during that era when you know that they had footage of this, or the 88 ritz show quality. As well shot etc as you might think the Tokyo UYI show is, it's got absolutely nothing on a show like this 87 one, visually or audio wise. blown away by that.

13 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Killer Footage. Axl sounds fantastic, They sound much tighter than they did in the Ritz 88 show, but by then Sweet Child and the album had took off, they were starting to enjoy the spoils of being the  hottest band in the world, in Ritz 87 show, they were still trying to make it. 

Its should be a crime how much stuff is kept in the vaults collecting dust, they should get proper releases, especially now that Axl, Slash & Duff are together again

The '88 show was in early February, so only a few months later, and well before the album took off. 

Slash says in his book that Axl was having 'voice problems' at the 88 show. And his guitar seems a bit out of tune and the end during the finale of RQ. but it's still a killer show.

Something about the audio on this new 87 one that totally kicks ass though. I'm going to have to stop going on about it now ha. 

• Like 1

Found this, which makes sense now:

10.22.87 - Obsessions, Randolph, NJ
opening act: EZO
notes: According to the promoter of this show, Jeff Miller, GN'R canceled this show because Axl wanted to save his voice for the next night's show at the Ritz in NYC.

So Axl knew the Ritz show would be taped and wanted to save his voice. Cool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

91 Ritz?

05.16.91 - The Ritz, New York, NY
opening act: Raging Slab
set: Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Dust N' Bones, Live And Let Die, Paradise City, Civil War, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, You Could Be Mine, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], My Michelle, Estranged, Double Talkin' Jive, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle
audio/video recording?: audio, video [incomplete]
notes: The third and last secret warm-up gig for the UYI tour. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Axl mentions how the chorus to 'Right Next Door To Hell' was written about his next door neighbor. Slash says they are filming the video for 'You Could Be Mine' for the new Terminator 2 movie. After 'You Could Be Mine,' Axl asks the crowd, "Have you ever heard the expression break a leg? Well, I think I just did." Axl actually injures his heel and is forced to wear a brace on it for the first few weeks of the UYI tour. Before 'Don't Cry,' Axl says how Shannon's band was covering the song a few years back. 'Welcome To The Jungle' is dedicated to the 3rd Street Hell's Angels.

11 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

The '88 show was in early February, so only a few months later, and well before the album took off. 

You're right, I was thinking of When they broke through on MTV with Welcome to the Jungle. I should of said, by the 88 show they were starting to take off, and when Sweet Child was released, they blew up