Rare new footage! - Guns N' Roses @ The Ritz - October 23rd, 1987

If I had this footage in my possession you can be sure I wouldn't keep it to myself, I would gladly share it and knowing the fans would enjoy it, that would be enough for me to be happy. I'm sorry I don't get this trading shit.

Seems like a really good show.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Kapitch_77 said:

If I had this footage in my possession you can be sure I wouldn't keep it to myself, I would gladly share it and knowing the fans would enjoy it, that would be enough for me to be happy. I'm sorry I don't get this trading shit.

Seems like a really good show.

I can assure you he's not withholding the footage for no reason. We'll see it all eventually and hopefully get something new or unseen/unheard out of it as well.

• Like 1

Yeah I released the cornshucker studio version that hadn't been seen before when I found it, and had no idea there was an option to trade for something.  Whatever the OP does, I just hope we can all see it full length at some point.  Thanks for sharing!

I really appreciate that this was made available...the only thing I wish is that they had left Axl's full rant in the video. Toward the end of this video he starts talking about how the press is trying to classify the band into one genre or another, and he's starting to make what sounds like a good point, and then it jumps to another clip! Arrrgh! Will have to look for it in the full audio that was posted here.

Alex Anderson 3 Hours Ago

Here's just a rough idea of things I'd be interested in; Full lossless audio from the April 10th 1993 Omaha, NE show, the April 13th 1993 Auburn Hills show, or the April 15th 1993 Roanoke, VA show. Videowise - I'm interested in anything currently unreleased GNR wise, with partial preference to 2010 era Pro Shots, 2012 Hiro Ballroom full pro shot, 1987 video shows (hey, maybe we can get two birds with this stone and oust that August 1987 video that has rumored to exist for years!) There is also of course the 2002 Video Music Awards Rehearsals DVD (and whatever else was on that four to six disc set that Scott Hopkins tried to use as leverage about a decade ago before he fell off the face of the earth, lol.) Also would be interested in unreleased fan filmed masters, there is an abundance of stuff that hasn't quite seen the light of day yet and I am hoping to uncover some of this with this teaser and offering this footage for trade.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So....Maybe?

The energy was on another level back then.  No one would ever condone illegal substance use but believe it or not, when it came to rock n' roll, some of the best live performances were in part because of it.  

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Alex is one of the nicest GN'R fans I've ever met. He came across something quite valuable, and is seeing if he can find anything else exciting by trade - that makes him a douche? No, it makes him a trader. If everyone put everything rare online the second they came across it, the trading community would be dead. 

He still gave us ten minutes of footage we've never seen (Or really even knew existed for that matter), he didn't have to do that even if he's looking for trades. I think a "thank you" is in order more than an insult. 

I say Thank YOU!!! this is amazing footage and I am glad Alex shared it with us :) well done you!