Best Film Scenes

Len Cnut

16 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's what i love about his '68 Comeback Special...he was so cute and funny just talking! of course his singing and him in that tight black leather outfit was quite nice as well ;)

I used to have the jacket of that outfit.  A proper one i mean, not a silly impersonator costume one, a proper 300 quid leather jacket.

• Like 1

It's better watching in the film than separate like this, but a really nicely scene here. The build up to the train, the way it creeps into view, the shot of the gang in the woods as it passes by, the smoke swallowing up Jesse, the music. The whole movie was nicely filmed.

Edited by J Dog

On 4/7/2017 at 7:24 PM, soon said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wu598ENenk

Big Lebowski; rug really tied the room together

The funniest bit of that entire film is after they stuck Lebowskis head in the bog and they're like 'hey, isn't this guy supposed to be a millionaire?' and the other dude goes 'millionaire? he looks like a fuckin' loser!' and the camera goes on Lebowski, covered in toilet water...for some reason that bit just makes me crease up.

• Like 1

On April 11, 2017 at 4:10 AM, Len Cnut said:

The funniest bit of that entire film is after they stuck Lebowskis head in the bog and they're like 'hey, isn't this guy supposed to be a millionaire?' and the other dude goes 'millionaire? he looks like a fuckin' loser!' and the camera goes on Lebowski, covered in toilet water...for some reason that bit just makes me crease up.

Thats a great one too!  I'd put forward just about any scene from Big Lebowski.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I have a certain affection for it but really a film with those two in it could and should have been a lot more.

No I'm with ya. You know what it is? Well for me anyway, it's like they couldn't decide if they were making a comedy or a serious story. You can have serious with comic relief, but that scene ain't comic relief, that's a full blown comedy sketch, and like Eddie's only funny part. And you can do a comedy but with stakes high enough to cause real drama. But it seemed like they wanted the stakes really high. Idk, it's like they couldn't fully commit one way or the other to comedy or gangster flick. Richard fucking Pryor hardly has any funny lines. I don't know if that makes sense or is right but always how I felt.

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

No I'm with ya. You know what it is? Well for me anyway, it's like they couldn't decide if they were making a comedy or a serious story. You can have serious with comic relief, but that scene ain't comic relief, that's a full blown comedy sketch, and like Eddie's only funny part. And you can do a comedy but with stakes high enough to cause real drama. But it seemed like they wanted the stakes really high. Idk, it's like they couldn't fully commit one way or the other to comedy or gangster flick. Richard fucking Pryor hardly has any funny lines. I don't know if that makes sense or is right but always how I felt.

Thats exactly it!  You can tell its written by someone who dont write for a living.  A lot of Pryor films strike that balance well, like Some Kinda Hero but this one is like...I dunno, I just think Ed was desperate to act with his hero.

• Like 1