Best Film Scenes

Len Cnut

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I always thought that the Bruce v Chuck one was sort of overrated in its sphere, there's a lot better fights in Fist of Fury and The Big Boss.  I mean its wonderful and iconic and cool and everything but blow for blow Bruce had better.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I always thought that the Bruce v Chuck one was sort of overrated in its sphere, there's a lot better fights in Fist of Fury and The Big Boss.  I mean its wonderful and iconic and cool and everything but blow for blow Bruce had better.

I thought that would've been your favourite because of the Muhammad Ali footwork.

Apart from the ice factory scene where Bruce had total control and is indeed a classic, a lot of the Big Boss's fight scenes were rather un-Bruce and 'classical' as the fight scenes were overwhelmingly choreographed by Han Ying-chieh (also the ''Big Boss'' in the film); he also choreographed all of the fight scenes without Bruce in Fist of Fury (he also acts in that film as one of the Chinese traitors who poisoned Huo Yuanjia). You can see the difference stylistically. All the Jingwu school (e.g., James Tien, Nora Miao) in the second film fight differently from Bruce, all elongated hung kuen arms and clunky jumps. Obviously, Bruce had to defer in the final fight to his superior so even in the finale of Big Boss you see Bruce doing these hokey jumps - still a classic fight though without plenty of Bruce features. You also sort of sense that comic book moment in the dojo scene of Fist of Fury where Bruce spins the Japanese fighters (dummies) around like a helicopter is the 'older' style. 

I think Bruce's fights peaked with Game of Death to be honest, Dan Inosanto and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I do love the underground fight in Enter the Dragon, Bruce v a million guys in pyjamas (including Jackie Chan). The dojo scene is also a classic. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I thought that would've been your favourite because of the Muhammad Ali footwork.

Apart from the ice factory scene where Bruce had total control and is indeed a classic, a lot of the Big Boss's fight scenes were rather un-Bruce and 'classical' as the fight scenes were overwhelmingly choreographed by Han Ying-chieh (also the ''Big Boss'' in the film); he also choreographed all of the fight scenes without Bruce in Fist of Fury (he also acts in that film as one of the Chinese traitors who poisoned Huo Yuanjia). You can see the difference stylistically. All the Jingwu school (e.g., James Tien, Nora Miao) in the second film fight differently from Bruce, all elongated hung kuen arms and clunky jumps. Obviously, Bruce had to defer in the final fight to his superior so even in the finale of Big Boss you see Bruce doing these hokey jumps - still a classic fight though without plenty of Bruce features. You also sort of sense that comic book moment in the dojo scene of Fist of Fury where Bruce spins the Japanese fighters (dummies) around like a helicopter is the 'older' style. 

I think Bruce's fights peaked with Game of Death to be honest, Dan Inosanto and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I do love the underground fight in Enter the Dragon, Bruce v a million guys in pyjamas (including Jackie Chan). The dojo scene is also a classic. 

Big Boss last fight was fuckin' brilliant man.  Fist of Fury almost every fight was brilliant.  Might be my fav Bruce Lee film actually.  Game of Death he was just fuckin' smooth as fuck, he was really at his peak in that shit, show fuckin' graceful, it was just a sight to behold.  The actual Kareem Abdul Jabbar one is not as aesthetically pleasing as when he does Dan Inosanto and that jap.  Bruce vs O Hara in Enter the Dragon is brilliant cuz its like...a good example of a fight where he just absolutely fuckin' mullers someone.  The third move in that is so fast you can't even tell what he's doing unless you slow it down or something, its fantastic, the ease and grace with which he polishes off O Hara is just brilliant.

Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris was legendary. Yea there are technically better fights out there, but that was two bosses going at it.

Lela Rochon def was a hot one in her prime. She was in Gang Related with Pac, which made me think about Gridlock'd and this scene. Kinda grainy video but it's hilarious.

31 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris was legendary. Yea there are technically better fights out there, but that was two bosses going at it.

Lela Rochon def was a hot one in her prime. She was in Gang Related with Pac, which made me think about Gridlock'd and this scene. Kinda grainy video but it's hilarious.

The funniest scene in that is the one that goes 'Oh i understand...lemme see if you understand this my man.  Rules are rules.  Am i supposed to change them because you're standing back there shouting?  I mean look at you, you come in here after 4 or 5 or however many years and because todays the day you decide to kick...the whole fucking WORLD IS SUPPOSED TO STOP?!?  IS THAT IT?!?!  We've all been waiting here for the day that you walk through the door and tell us that you no longer wannabe A FUCKIN DOPE FIEND!'

:lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The funniest scene in that is the one that goes 'Oh i understand...lemme see if you understand this my man.  Rules are rules.  Am i supposed to change them because you're standing back there shouting?  I mean look at you, you come in here after 4 or 5 or however many years and because todays the day you decide to kick...the whole fucking WORLD IS SUPPOSED TO STOP?!?  IS THAT IT?!?!  We've all been waiting here for the day that you walk through the door and tell us that you no longer wannabe A FUCKIN DOPE FIEND!'

He almost went postal on them :lol: I'm pretty sure he tells Tim Roth to get the fuck away from his desk :lol:

I could've posted this from the movie.

Fun fact: the name of their band was 8 Mile Road

(Check out the cool cat smokin a cigarette playin bass)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 7:12 AM, Len Cnut said:

Craig:  Why you always comin’ up here with that shit, harassin’ us?

Day-Day:  Wit’ that big ol’ wolf pussy, you come around here all the time smellin’ like that!

"I am a boy. You are not in prison anymore"

On 23/04/2018 at 6:05 PM, J Dog said:

"I am a boy. You are not in prison anymore"

I truly believe thats one of the most underrated comedy movies ever, the first i watched it i was smokin’ and i swear to God I nearly pissed my pants I was laughing so much.

WHAT THE HELL U DOIN IN MY HOUSE?!  EATIN’ A BIG ASS SANDWICH N SHIT! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I truly believe thats one of the most underrated comedy movies ever, the first i watched it i was smokin’ and i swear to God I nearly pissed my pants I was laughing so much.

WHAT THE HELL U DOIN IN MY HOUSE?!  EATIN’ A BIG ASS SANDWICH N SHIT! 

Yeah it's way underrated. When I first watched it I kept my expectations in check considering what it had to follow, but my goodness it was funny.  I actually like it better than Next Friday. I still put it after Friday though, to me that is seriously one of the funniest movies committed to film. The whole trilogy is freaking hilarious.

I'm glad Pac had a great sense of humor, bless his heart :lol:

43 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah it's way underrated. When I first watched it I kept my expectations in check considering what it had to follow, but my goodness it was funny.  I actually like it better than Next Friday. I still put it after Friday though, to me that is seriously one of the funniest movies committed to film. The whole trilogy is freaking hilarious.

I'm glad Pac had a great sense of humor, bless his heart :lol:

You just dont expect third sequels to be quality do you?  It really really is though.  And they were hits too, both of em in fact, topped box office for a bit, not here i meant round your way.  Friday the first one is fuckin’ brilliant, I agree, the best of the bunch.  Its quite astounding if you think about it cuz lets face it most comedy sequel are shit...but then to lose who was arguably the funniest thing about the first sequel, to replace a main character and STILL be quality, thats exceptional.  I think though, what made the first movie great, aside from Chris Tucker was like...it wasn’t a movie that anyone carried, it was really a masterstroke of writing because every character was fully fleshed out and funny for their own reasons and I think the sequels kinda kept that up.  The first one though, you feel like there’s a potential spin off in every one of those characters, Ezel, Big Worm, Mr Jones, Bernie Macs character, the ho neighbour, Felicia, Red, Deebo of course, all the fuckin’ characters were great.