Best Film Scenes

Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Yeah, the one I remember was Ali telling Parkie that blacks should stay with blacks and whites should stay with whites and Parkie disagreeing, only to be told that tigers go with tigers and lions go with lions.

He said a lot that is brushed under the carpet, like only believing in Holy War, God ordained war, thats jihad basically isnt it?  As well as things like 'anyone who insults the Honourable Elijah Muhammad WILL die' in response to a question regarding Malcolm X and his leaving the nation.

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

He said a lot that is brushed under the carpet, like only believing in Holy War, God ordained war, thats jihad basically isnt it?  As well as things like 'anyone who insults the Honourable Elijah Muhammad WILL die' in response to a question regarding Malcolm X and his leaving the nation.

Yeah, I've always found that a lot of his most distasteful stuff gets ignored in the clamour to proclaim his greatness.

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Yeah, I've always found that a lot of his most distasteful stuff gets ignored in the clamour to proclaim his greatness.

Theres a vid on youtube where Joe Dimaggio and Ali and a couple of other guys are having a sit down discussion and they're talking about some theatre play where some blokes get their bits n bobs out and he basically threatens to walk off and then, i believe actually just ends up walking off, PROPER didnt like benders, didnt even like or respect flamboyant men then again i suppose many didnt in them days.

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Theres a vid on youtube where Joe Dimaggio and Ali and a couple of other guys are having a sit down discussion and they're talking about some theatre play where some blokes get their bits n bobs out and he basically threatens to walk off and then, i believe actually just ends up walking off, PROPER didnt like benders, didnt even like or respect flamboyant men then again i suppose many didnt in them days.

His male nurses are probably gay.

"Good morning Mr Ali! My weekend was FABULOUS!!! Time for your bed bath, girlfriend!"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, JeanGenie said:

I really like this scene. Strong performance of deniro and a great overall lesson of life.

One of those films that, to me, is better when you're a kid, a bit preachy, sort of like Goodfellas meets the Wonder Years, all that 'one of the great ones' bullshit.  I actually thought the kids in that film, i mean when they grew up, kinda made the film, Chazz Palminteris character was pretty corny.

The young lead boy went kinda wrong in life, ended up doing a ten stretch.

Edited by Len B'stard

• 2 weeks later...