Best Film Scenes

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

One of my absolute favourite films of all time!  

Might be my favorite John Wayne. That's a tough decision, but it's ALWAYS in the conversation for me. There was a Thanksgiving John Wayne marathon on t.v and this is what kicked things off. Just like John Wayne kicked that dude in the face :lol:

Just now, J Dog said:

Might be my favorite John Wayne. That's a tough decision, but it's ALWAYS in the conversation for me. There was a Thanksgiving John Wayne marathon on t.v and this is what kicked things off. Just like John Wayne kicked that dude in the face :lol:

It has a bit of everything that film, violence,morality, tragedy, a love story, comedy, one of the best westerns of all time really.  Theres something even about the film stock used, its a very particular kind of black and white that looks gorgeous.

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It has a bit of everything that film, violence,morality, tragedy, a love story, comedy, one of the best westerns of all time really.  Theres something even about the film stock used, its a very particular kind of black and white that looks gorgeous.

Yeah, I'd call it one of the best westerns ever. It even has a bit of the stuff Unforgiven had that people raved about. The whole, legend vs reality thing. Which didn't happen in many westerns in those days. Little ahead of it's time in that department. It does have a different type of look doesn't it? Looks really really good.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

For some reason the line 'burn me up a good thick one Pete' that Duke says in that film when ordering a steak always stuck in my mind, fuck knows why :lol:

There's always little lines like that in westerns that I love. In that steak scene I'm always saying with John Wayne, "my boy Pompey. Kitchen door." Just sounds like some gangsta shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J Dog said:

There's always little lines like that in westerns that I love. In that steak scene I'm always saying with John Wayne, "my boy Pompey. Kitchen door." Just sounds like some gangsta shit.

Gangsta shit, exactly! :lol:  You immediately got what I meant there!

• Like 1

The Tenebre crane shot,

And that scene in the Rear Window when Raymond Burr captures Grace Kelly in his apartment, and upon seeing her motioning to Jummy across the street, looks directly down the lens of the camera. Oh, here it is,

2:50+ Burr looks.

3:03+, coolest end to a film,

This scene - the use of music and colour - is breathtaking,

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2016 at 5:45 AM, Len Cnut said:

One of my absolute favourite films of all time!  

that's why i love movies like this...most old films actually. but in a movie like this i truly believe Lee Marvin ( who i adore ) has been uh....consuming adult beverages! i saw all these cos my dad loved them. i still watch them well....cos they're great! :D

53 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's why i love movies like this...most old films actually. but in a movie like this i truly believe Lee Marvin ( who i adore ) has been uh....consuming adult beverages! i saw all these cos my dad loved them. i still watch them well....cos they're great! :D

He tried to have a drink off with Oliver Reed once in Durango whilst filming The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday.  By all accounts Oliver won but they both ended up in hospital with alcohol poisoning :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 0:28 PM, Len Cnut said:

He tried to have a drink off with Oliver Reed once in Durango whilst filming The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday.  By all accounts Oliver won but they both ended up in hospital with alcohol poisoning :lol:

yikes!

i loved The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday :D

this is a great scene from a movie though i seem to recall that Rob Roy splits Cunningham almost horizantally in half. i asked my friend who i saw this with how he recalled the end of the duel and he said it was the way i remembered. when i showed him the clip ( and i looked at tons of them ) he said they changed it those f*ckers! :lol: still a good scene IMO:

damn it i want to post one from a TV show, can i do it here or do i have to make a new thread?

Excalibur (1981) - The John Boorman classic

Predator (1987) - The manliest moment in cinematic history.  I have seen Predator at the cinema twice in recent times and in both sold out screenings the entire audience were dead silent out of respect for the moment.

Edited by itsy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

"I can't swim."

"Are you crazy. The fall will probably kill ya." :lol:

I love that scene when they meet that old guy, mate of theirs, prior to that the film is mildly comical and the guy does that speech about how the Old West is dying out n hes like 'ur gonna die and ur gonna die bloody!'...that scene was always so powerful to me, I guess cuz the characters are so likeable and movie is kinda lighthearted that it really comes as a shock, like its meant to be a moment of realisation for them.  And i think it kinda is but it remains unspoken...even right to the end when they're sitting in that hut surrounded they're still kinda talking like they expect to live.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i think that's why it ended the way it did, without showing them actually die. so delusional people like me can think well maybe they made it after all :lol:

i am watching Clerks II...*spoiler alert* ( i guess? ) the scene where Jay does the dance from Silence of the Lambs is so funny to me :P

Rosario Dawson is sooo fuckin' fit!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 7:01 PM, Len Cnut said:

I love that scene when they meet that old guy, mate of theirs, prior to that the film is mildly comical and the guy does that speech about how the Old West is dying out n hes like 'ur gonna die and ur gonna die bloody!'...that scene was always so powerful to me, I guess cuz the characters are so likeable and movie is kinda lighthearted that it really comes as a shock, like its meant to be a moment of realisation for them.  And i think it kinda is but it remains unspoken...even right to the end when they're sitting in that hut surrounded they're still kinda talking like they expect to live.

It's something to think about. That part and the part when they are being chased. They all but say, we're Butch and Sundance! We're supposed to be getting away and home by now, we aren't supposed to be able to be tracked and hunted down like this, we're Butch and Sundance! But they keep on joking around about it. I think they do realize it and just don't want to admit it. Like you said, even in the end they're still talking about getting to the horses and then going to maybe Australia when they know good and damn well it's over.

It was made really well in the fact that, you forget they're the bad guys. Even in other movies where we are rooting for the bad guys, we still know they're the bad guys. It never really feels like Butch and Sundance are bad guys because of the way they are. Even though everything they do in the movie is pretty much bad guy stuff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i love this scene! especially when Jame says would you f*ck me? i'd f*ck me. incredible! 

You fuckin' wrong 'un :lol: 

Nah, it is brilliant, isn't it? :lol:  *tucks his cock between his legs and saunters around the room* gooooooodbye horsseeeessss :lol:

• Like 1