Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

38 minutes ago, wasted said:

I feel like he'll be involved because Axl, Slash and Duff aren't heartless.

Izzy may just not want to be too involved. Hard to actually work out what his deal is. 

Izzy's deal seems to be money - at least that's what it sounds like. Steven would do it for food stamps so that alone makes him the more likely of the two to be involved in some capacity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Izzy's deal seems to be money - at least that's what it sounds like. Steven would do it for food stamps so that alone makes him the more likely of the two to be involved in some capacity.

I do remember Izzy not being cool with taking a demotion when he quit UYI tour. You'd think they would have ironed out these differences by now?

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

I do remember Izzy not being cool with taking a demotion when he quit UYI tour. You'd think they would have ironed out these differences by now?

You'd think, but I remember Axl mentioning he was taken aback by how much money Izzy demanded for his 2006 guest appearances.

maybe he was tryng to recoop some of the cash he spoke of getting fucked out of in the late 80's early 90's? 

I think most fans would admit that they were more blown away with izzys surprise return in 06 than they were with the bumblefoot unveiling, I think?

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There was news circulating a couple of weeks ago that he went back to rehab for small, unidentified situations. Hopefully he's doing okay.

That's worrisome, though it could explain his silence if he isn't involved.

This really sucks. At this point I'd rather get confirmation that Steven's ok than that he'll be appearing in April or whenever gigs.

Its really fucked up we never get anything official from this band, we can't even rely on "insiders", cause like Vicky Hamilton, they can be wrong most of the times.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

This really sucks. At this point I'd rather get confirmation that Steven's ok than that he'll be appearing in April or whenever gigs.

100% this. 

Edited by cooker

3 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Anyone who disagrees with this is an awful person who desperately needs to reevaluate their priorities. This would be the second time that Adler would be getting shelved for a relapse, and that's bad for everyone involved - most of all Steven.

• Like 1

I guess Steven is doing ok, his wife posted a month or 2 months back a pic of him with his friends and he was looking pretty happy. I think he will be involved in the reunion, he has been very silent since the past few months, so it means he has signed some sort of contract which means he is some way involved in the shows.

If he was not involved then every week we would have news of him complaining and crying, like out of all the people Izzy made an account and posted regarding it and not Steven? 

Hope to see Izzy and Steven up there. 

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I doubt Steven would do it for a disrespectful salary, even though he said he would do it for free. Steven speaks from an emotional point of view most of the time..I don't think he really means what he says. He did tell Eddie Trunk that he would prevent GNR from doing a reunion without him..his words were something like, 'If I'm not doing it, they're not doing it'...you can't take what this guy says seriously. 

Edited by sonofnazareth

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I guess Steven is doing ok, his wife posted a month or 2 months back a pic of him with his friends and he was looking pretty happy. I think he will be involved in the reunion, he has been very silent since the past few months, so it means he has signed some sort of contract which means he is some way involved in the shows.

If he was not involved then every week we would have news of him complaining and crying, like out of all the people Izzy made an account and posted regarding it and not Steven? 

Hope to see Izzy and Steven up there. 

People can put on a fake smile in pictures, even though they are hurting inside...maybe Steven is so depressed that he doesn't even feel like complaining/crying...he just feels betrayed and has no motivation to do anything. 

I hope this is not the case. 

6 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

I doubt Steven would do it for a disrespectful salary, even though he said he would do it for free. Steven speaks from an emotional point of view most of the time..I don't think he really means what he says. He did tell Eddie Trunk that he would prevent GNR from doing a reunion without him..his words were something like, 'If I'm not doing it, they're not doing it'...you can't take what this guy says seriously. 

True, but I have a hard time believing he'd let money rule him out. If he asked for $1 million per show and they counter-offered $750 000 per show - he'd still do it. Izzy on the other hand wants to get what he believes he's worth. When Izzy says $1 million per show, he truly means $1 million per show.

1 minute ago, sonofnazareth said:

well...Slash and Duff seemed to have moved on pretty quickly after Scott died. Its a scary thought. 

Yeah would be creepy if it was a VR reunion...but Steven was in gnr.

11 hours ago, Bards said:

So we agree she's not being told the truth. 

This. Sometimes in life when people tell you something it isn't at face value for a reason. Vicky publicly showed private texts. Not trying to make a federal case out of it but the fact is she's too worried about staying relevant and had slash admitted to it then she clearly would have blabbed. If anything, the fact that adlers denying things is a good sign.

5 minutes ago, DIST said:

Could a Steven O.D. (god forbid) cancel the reunion? 

They don't even care about Steven and Izzy. 

The "reunion" is between the 3, if something had happened to Steven and Izzy back in 1990, they would have just bought in some one to replace them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

This. Sometimes in life when people tell you something it isn't at face value for a reason. Vicky publicly showed private texts. Not trying to make a federal case out of it but the fact is she's too worried about staying relevant and had slash admitted to it then she clearly would have blabbed. If anything, the fact that adlers denying things is a good sign.

It seems that Vicky is only concerned about her own fame. Slash made the right call. 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I think Axl would have a hard time if something happened to Izzy.