Changes to official website - (UPDATE - website now run by Ticketmaster)

21 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

Not selfish. It will be false advertising opening themselves up to a major lawsuit. The Vegas shows were advertised as the first gigs to see Slash, Axl, Duff perform together. To do a show prior would be unethical honestly. A press conference is one thing. But a show? Hell no to that. 

Hmm... you gonna bring suit against GnR, cuz your feeling Butthurt about not getting to see the first true show? Pretty sure that band has more experience with litigation then quite possibly any other band in the world.. EVER. I mean, come on.

• Like 1

I'm personally not digging the new logo. It's like some one showed Fernando photoshop and gave him free range to do as he pleases, it comes off as lazy. The letters that make up Guns N's Roses should have been done on a path instead of using the arc text warp, now we've got the letters getting awkwardly squished towards the center of the logo. Everything looks plastic and fake, the obvious use of the bevel and emboss looks amateur and the use of a scratched metal texture just looks lazy. Yeah the logos colors are brighter, but this honestly looks like someones attempt to recreate the logo for a Photoshop tutorial. the only thing that looks remotely good is the pistols and the roses in the logo. everything else looks bad. All they would have had to do would be brightening up the classic logo and it would have been just fine.

However, I am happy that they are at least putting forward effort to update us on whats going on and give us new stuff.

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

As much as I understand your frustration, "unethical" might not even be in their dictionary. You are talking about GNR here afterall, the band whos singer and mainman regularly punched cops and caused riots and let fans and the whole rest of the band wait for shows 2-3 hours or did not appear at all. I'm sure if Axl and Slash or Duff want a warmup before the big event, then this reason would not stop them, I tell you that.

GNR will probably do a "dress rehearsal" show for family and friends. 

Can't base what Axl will or won't do on things that happened 25 years ago, or even over a decade ago.  It sounded like Rio and even Sturgis were a turning point as far as Axl being on time goes, any other lateness issues were out of his control. The excuses kind of died when TB started telling Axl they can't do arena shows if fans can't get home because they depended on the train or bus to get to and from there. 

35 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

I hope it is a tour announcement or a live stream announcement. 

One can dream. 

I think this would be the best way to go about things rather than hide underground til the Vegas shows but uh.. To each their own?