Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

17 minutes ago, grogmug said:

I can see it now. I can actually see whats seats are available, but when I put in my presale password, it disappears. Do you think I should wait for the general sale to pick my seats? I'm curious if we can pick our seats during the public sale?

the pick your own seat option is not available when it is busy, so during the on-sale I am pretty sure it is only going to give you the best available search, a few hours after the on sale it is probably going to be open again

10 minutes ago, k12 said:

the idiots who made the pricing for this tour are thinking GNR fans are like the baby boomers who are going to shell out any amount of money to see the Fleetwood Mac's and the Eagles have their "reunion": tours, and even by those standards the GNR prices are even more absurd

Good point there. Economy has not been so great in recent years. Compare that with the Dot Com boom in the 1990's. That generation would have been more willing to fork over the cash for big reunions. Other thing is even if people were sort of willing to fork over the cash, Axl has created a terrible reputation for himself with all the late start times, etc. That is bound to be a turn-off for anyone who is possibly interested.

It probably doesn't technically matter if they don't sell out some stadiums. If in a smaller market they manage to sell 27 000 out of 40 000 seats, that's still probably a profitable number. It's more people than you'd pack in an arena and that many more people who will buy beer, merch, and so on versus an arena show that caps out at 12 000 people. Even if only the biggest markets sell out and the rest just sell "decently" then I don't think the tour can be considered a failure. It's probably way too early to even speculate about this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k12 said:

the pick your own seat option is not available when it is busy, so during the on-sale I am pretty sure it is only going to give you the best available search, a few hours after the on sale it is probably going to be open again

I just got it to work with the presale and scored section 210 ROW A seats on the end of the aisle for Nashville, TN...do you guys think I will be blocked by anything? They look like great seats to me, especially being in the front row of that section.

Edited by grogmug

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

commercial for San Francisco. Not sure if it's been posted 

My wife saw a similar commercial here in Detroit on a gas pump TV of all places! I hadn't seen it posted anywhere yet though.

3 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I guess I'm white collar. I could easily afford to drop that kind of money if I wanted to. But I'm also a cheapskate. Knowing that people paid $10 or less to see the early and best version of GN'R, why would I want to pay $200+ or $2,000+ to see them in their 50's? I would pay $50,000 for a time machine back to GN'R shows from 1986, 1987, 1988, or 1991 before UYI came out. But that's not happening anytime soon, so I will just have to continue enjoying the footage posted on YouTube from 25+ years ago along with new footage from the current shows.

it would be interesting if we could get a demographic survey (w/ charts) of the GNR fans here even if it was from this online forum. Surprisingly I've been in contact w/ YOUNG guns...like Uni/highschool kids who are re-discovering GNR. I agree, I too am making the assumption that most fans are blue collar in thier early 40s...but then again all the friends of mine who are going to thier show w/ me are Univeristy grads in thier 30s...so I guess you never can tell...

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

It probably doesn't technically matter if they don't sell out some stadiums. If in a smaller market they manage to sell 27 000 out of 40 000 seats, that's still probably a profitable number. It's more people than you'd pack in an arena and that many more people who will buy beer, merch, and so on versus an arena show that caps out at 12 000 people. Even if only the biggest markets sell out and the rest just sell "decently" then I don't think the tour can be considered a failure. It's probably way too early to even speculate about this.

Nope.  This article lays it out pretty clearly:  http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6843087/guns-n-roses-reunion-stadium-tour-per-show-payday

5 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

it would be interesting if we could get a demographic survey (w/ charts) of the GNR fans here even if it was from this online forum. Surprisingly I've been in contact w/ YOUNG guns...like Uni/highschool kids who are re-discovering GNR. I agree, I too am making the assumption that most fans are blue collar in thier early 40s...but then again all the friends of mine who are going to thier show w/ me are Univeristy grads in thier 30s...so I guess you never can tell...

Im a 23 year old fan who has been on this forum for years and following Guns pretty avidly since 06, obviously im fucking stoked as hell to see the boys back together sans Izzy and Popcorn,but its still something I never imagined I'd get to see..and here I am trying to figure out how im going to fly out of Denver to Phoenix for the AZ gig, get a room, and a ticket.... Don't know how, but luckily I have a full time job and will hopefully be there in a few months. The prices are definitely exponentially higher than the tickets I buy to see music around CO all year long..im at Red Rocks 3 weekends out of the month all summer long and one ticket to this tour is worth about 4 red rocks shows.

Wishing I didnt bank on them announcing a CO show though, should have scooped tix for Vegas months ago and just done the damn thing.

Edited by GunsNRevolvers2

7 minutes ago, GunsNRevolvers2 said:

Im a 23 year old fan who has been on this forum for years and following Guns pretty avidly since 06, obviously im fucking stoked as hell to see the boys back together sans Izzy and Popcorn,but its still something I never imagined I'd get to see..and here I am trying to figure out how im going to fly out of Denver to Phoenix for the AZ gig, get a room, and a ticket.... Don't know how, but luckily I have a full time job and will hopefully be there in a few months. The prices are definitely exponentially higher than the tickets I buy to see music around CO all year long..im at Red Rocks 3 weekends out of the month all summer long and one ticket to this tour is worth about 4 red rocks shows.

Wishing I didnt bank on them announcing a CO show though, should have scooped tix for Vegas months ago and just done the damn thing.

yeah I know...as an early 20-year old it's tougher on your bank account...but trust me (I'm frugal as well....but I do buy NICE things for a high price) it's worth it. I'm flying out to LV in 2 days and it's a big "event" for me (switched days off work and had to get the mom-in-law to babysit my two little babies) but I know it's an awsome expierence. Anything worthwhile is worth some work/money. I myself had one of the BEST vacations when my sister and I went to NY to see GNR play the Hammerstein a decade (!!) ago...we ended up going to both shows and even going to the after party and I got to talk to Axl! It was an adventure but the ENTIRE expiernce was magical (bumped into Dustin Hoffman while I was jogging in central park, a wealthy bussiness man tried to take my sister and I out for dinner, saw a musical, rode the subway, met friendly new yorkers, shopped...etc etc)...point is...my geriatric advice is to make an adventure out of it...road trip or fly out ...but do it...and try to take one of your friends as a hostage ;)  Maybe even go to LV last minute and buy a ticket off someone if you can swing it?? Either way good luck young gun!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

I'm 30 and have a degree in the oil industry. Make pretty solid money each year. I fell in love with GN'R around the year 2000 when I saw some of the "greatest videos" programming on MTV. Looked into the albums and realized what a special band it was.

Really jealous of everyone who is about 12-15 years older than me. I completely missed GN'R in their prime due to being so young. YouTube is the greatest thing ever for GN'R fans my age and younger. 

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Like 3

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

I'm 30 and have a degree in the oil industry. Make pretty solid money each year. I fell in love with GN'R around the year 2000 when I saw some of the "greatest videos" programming on MTV. Looked into the albums and realized what a special band it was.

Really jealous of everyone who is about 12-15 years older than me. I completely missed GN'R in their prime due to being so young. 

yeah I got them on the tail-end of thier career. I was too young to go to thier concert in the early 90s (I was 11 yrs old when UYIs came out). And by the time I liked them they were falling out-of-fashion; grunge was taking over and then rap...and now the music industry as we know it is total garbage (I sound like a bitter dried up prune)...

As for your degree--nice (cha-ching!)...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Really jealous of everyone who is about 12-15 years older than me. I completely missed GN'R in their prime due to being so young. YouTube is the greatest thing ever for GN'R fans my age and younger. 

I hear ya. I am 34 and I just remember being infatuated with guns around the time Sweet Child was in constant rotation and kind of followed them until Slash left. I have only seen Nu Guns so this is something I have been wanting to do for lots of years. Especially since when Metallica and Guns were touring my friend at schools dad was head of security and said we could go back stage. My mom was not having it and I did not go.

15 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I hear ya. I am 34 and I just remember being infatuated with guns around the time Sweet Child was in constant rotation and kind of followed them until Slash left. I have only seen Nu Guns so this is something I have been wanting to do for lots of years. Especially since when Metallica and Guns were touring my friend at schools dad was head of security and said we could go back stage. My mom was not having it and I did not go.

Wow, you picked up on all that with Sweet Child when you were 6. Impressive! I was only 2-3 and completely unaware. My earliest music memories are my dad carrying me around the house and dancing to Dire Straits "MTV" song. Then as I got older I remember parents listening to oldie stations with the Stones, Beatles, Orbison, Buddy Holly, Elvis, etc. 

My parents started to ban me and my brother from MTV lol. We were obsessed. Great memories. Years after that we would draw tattoos on our arms and pretend to be the band. Glad there were no pics of that. Tried to get my brother to go with me but he doesn't want to watch a "fat Axl" or "washed up band" especially for "those prices". Oh well, fuck it, I am going with a guy from work who still has original GNR shirts from 87-88 lol. Also still has the hair.

I was 4 when sweet child was on mtv. At age 4 I had a huge crush on my sisters friend. She always wore mini skirts and thigh highs, I loved it. She said how she loved GNR and how Axl was so hot. Ever since then I've been a diehard fan. I thought these guys are cool, I must be like them. Haha it's had a hell of an influence on me. 

Love that commercial for San Francisco... Haven't seen any ads in Toronto yet.

I'm 37 years old and growing up my sister (hi coolranchdressing :)) was a huge Guns fan... much to our mother's dismay. I knew of them through my sister but wasn't really a fan (or fanatic lol) at that point.

Fast forward to 2002... My first GNR concert. I was absolutely mesmerized by Axl. I never saw anyone like him on stage before. He was fucking amazing - definition of rock star. The singing, the energy, the excitement was incredible.

I've been a fan ever since. I am now super excited to see Axl, Slash and Duff (was also a huge VR fan) in concert. It's going to be an awesome night. I can't wait to sing, dance, scream my lungs out and catch Axl's mic and/or whistle at the end of the night!!

• Like 1