Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

I'm 31 years old and have been following Guns since the End of Days soundtrack/Live Era days. I saw my first show when I was 17, December 29, 2001 at The Joint in Vegas. The Axl/Buckethead combo completely blew everything else I'd ever heard out of the water. I remember seeing Axl kickboxing in the gym at 4:00am with his old bodyguard watching the NBA before the show lol. I saw them in Columbus in 2002,  Hammerstein in 2006, West Virginia in 2006, Vegas again in 2012, and now coming full circle Friday in Vegas again in 2016. I wish I could have seen them in their prime. It's funny to think they were my age when they broke up the first time, 23 years ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grogmug said:

I'm 31 years old and have been following Guns since the End of Days soundtrack/Live Era days. I saw my first show when I was 17, December 29, 2001 at The Joint in Vegas. The Axl/Buckethead combo completely blew everything else I'd ever heard out of the water. I remember seeing Axl kickboxing in the gym at 4:00am with his old bodyguard watching the NBA before the show lol. I saw them in Columbus in 2002,  Hammerstein in 2006, West Virginia in 2006, Vegas again in 2012, and now coming full circle Friday in Vegas again in 2016. I wish I could have seen them in their prime. It's funny to think they were my age when they broke up the first time, 23 years ago.

I'm 10 years old than you, so I did get to see them in 91, 92 & 93. The shows I saw in 2002, 2006, 2011 and 2012 were all good too though for different reasons. I'm still excited for the upcoming shows for several reasons. Besides just Slash & Duff being back, it's gonna be really interesting all around given the line-up, them playing CD songs, seeing the same tour in an arena and a stadium, etc. It's gonna be a cool and interesting year!

I am seriously thinking about selling my tickets for the Nashville show for face value on Stub Hub just to buy some other ones. Ticketmaster wouldn't let me exchange for the ones I wanted until after the presale. I am so pissed. The tickets I want will be gone by then

4 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I am seriously thinking about selling my tickets for the Nashville show for face value on Stub Hub just to buy some other ones. Ticketmaster wouldn't let me exchange for the ones I wanted until after the presale. I am so pissed. The tickets I want will be gone by then

If you are within 72 hours of your purchase you *should* be able to cancel the first order.  Call TM Fan Support and see if it's an option.

27 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I tried 2 people and they both would not allow me to until after the presale is over. That is why I called the 2nd time but the 2nd women said the same thing

If there are other tickets you want then I would buy those now and then sell the other ones for face value. You shouldn't really have a problem selling them, especially at face value on the secondary market.

On 3/25/2016 at 9:12 AM, alfierose said:

The Vegas shows are perhaps considered to be near enough to LA.

I wonder if they are saving LA gigs for the anniversary year?

Maybe I'm wrong, but as far away as it is, I think they are considering Coachella dates in Indio the "L.A. dates". Similarly, sometimes bands play San Bernardino as the only date down here, even though it's not 'L.A. proper'.

Edited by venomize
  • Like 1

So, I tried to get tickets during the Nightrain pre-sale, and Ticketmaster had enormous issues on mobile for me. By the time I got home onto a laptop, the Pit tickets were gone. Does anyone know if there will be more Pit tickets allocated to the general public sale this Friday? Or are they all gone during the pre-sale? I can't afford to spend 4 times the face value to get one on Stubhub.

I got lower section at Gillette for $300 a ticket. I just looked and could still get the first/second row of floor behind the pit with a VIP purchase. $750 is nuts. I don't mind paying but a buffet and laminate raising the cost? Now way.  Keep the hourderves, knock off some $$$ and I'll gladly buy more tickets. 

Edited by Trin9498

Yup, the pricing is outrageous. They must have some sort of contractual guarantees in place to try and sell a staduim at this price point. I can see the high perimeter of the venues being jammed and the middle being empty. Maybe they'll slide me from the back to the front...you know....just to be nice lol

1 hour ago, lightBLASTER said:

What do you guys think the chances of them playing Think About You are without Izzy involved? One of my favorite songs, would love to see it live.

Man I fucking love that song!! Axl played it with NuGnR so you never know.. I also want to see Out Ta get Me.. Another one of Izzy's riffs..

After seeing the setlist from the other night I wouldn't hold your breath.. They still need room for November Rain, Don't Cry and Patience.. Not much more wiggle room since they feel teh need to wow the crowd with mega hits like CD and Better. They may even play 3 songs off that album with a longer set.. Who knows at this point.

5 hours ago, venomize said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but as far away as it is, I think they are considering Coachella dates in Indio the "L.A. dates". Similarly, sometimes bands play San Bernardino as the only date down here, even though it's not 'L.A. proper'.

I've heard a rumor that GNR may announce a LA show in Dodgers Stadium after Coachella shows... Idk how true that is, but its sounds plausible

• Like 1