Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Yes!  Coming to Orlando!  Heck yeah!!

Seems like one of these cities is not like the others? Being Orlando. The rest are cities with NFL franchises/ huge stadiums. (Toronto CFL/ Skydome). Is there a stadium bigger than the Magic's arena?

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Seems like one of these cities is not like the others? Being Orlando. The rest are cities with NFL franchises/ huge stadiums. (Toronto CFL/ Skydome). Is there a stadium bigger than the Magic's arena?

Yeah, they will play the Orlando Citrus Bowl...holds over 70,000 people....they use it for college football, soccer, wrestlemania, monster truck jam, and yes....concerts too.  They just did a $200 million dollar renovation to it in 2014.  :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Citrus_Bowl

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Thanks, then I won't take part in it as I won't be going to the US shows, I thought if I win then I would give it to you or @ZoSoRose or @emybdc or @tsinindy or @Powerage5, after going to 500 Iron Maiden shows, he deserves to see a reunited GNR. 

I love you, we gotta get you and P5 to a show!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Boom. New York AND Philly happening.  Crossing fingers they do a MetLife Stadium show in N.J. too!

Oh so wait, they must be playing arenas, unless they consider MetLife as New York. There's no football stadium in NY. Two nights at MSG would be awesome

3 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

Oh so wait, they must be playing arenas, unless they consider MetLife as New York. There's no football stadium in NY. Two nights at MSG would be awesome

They're playing stadiums.  Just because the stadium isn't in the city proper, does not mean it's still not considered the "NY market/Metro area".  You don't call the NY Giants or the New York Jets the New Jersey Giants and the New Jersey Jets because they play in New Jersey, do you?

Edited by Kasanova King

2 minutes ago, slash97 said:

So Fernando thankfully wasn't kidding when he promised big things for today. Now let's just hope for some European Dates, too.

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Guess we know to keep an eye there in the future, great catch! That and the thing @Spirit found should be really helpful.

Keep watch both of Them.... Fernando N' TB

The good news is that most of these stadiums hold over 70,000 people, meaning the ticket prices should go down.  If G N' R is asking 3 million per show, that means they would only need to average less than $50 per ticket to pay them.  Now add the cost the stage crew, opening act, promotion, etc....at the most, maybe another $20 per ticket.  So they only need to average around $70 per ticket if they sell 70k tickets.  Grossing around $5 million per show should get everyone paid.

So I'm thinking we could see upper level seats in the $50 range and GA, floor seats in the $150 range...and anything in between.

On a personal note, I'm in Orlando from 7th till 28th June on holiday so I've got my fingers crossed I drop lucky, otherwise it's back to the UK and looking out for the European tour! 

its just gonna be amazing to follow these shows and the hype and interest. Looking forward to a great guns n roses year! 

3 hours ago, Axlspants said:

On a personal note, I'm in Orlando from 7th till 28th June on holiday so I've got my fingers crossed I drop lucky, otherwise it's back to the UK and looking out for the European tour! 

its just gonna be amazing to follow these shows and the hype and interest. Looking forward to a great guns n roses year! 

That's a pretty big window you have...I think you have a decent shot....good luck!

• Like 2