Your Thoughts and Feelings as the Reunion Draws Near

I am really happy that Guns n Fucking Roses are back and playing stadiums! Hope to see them live in Europe!

But there are two things that annoy me in this tour which is seeing too many people saying "Axl's looking much better nowadays than  " and "His voice is back!!!!". He looks as fat (if not fatter) than in 2010-2014 and since 2006 his voice was as good as at yesterday's gig. It seems that playing with Slash and Duff makes some people accept Axl as he is nowadays (which is basically the same way as he has been since 2006)

ViewMedia?mgid=74094&vid=5

3 hours ago, Gueli said:

I am really happy that Guns n Fucking Roses are back and playing stadiums! Hope to see them live in Europe!

But there are two things that annoy me in this tour which is seeing too many people saying "Axl's looking much better nowadays than  " and "His voice is back!!!!". He looks as fat (if not fatter) than in 2010-2014 and since 2006 his voice was as good as at yesterday's gig. It seems that playing with Slash and Duff makes some people accept Axl as he is nowadays (which is basically the same way as he has been since 2006)

It's an interesting point, but what I kind of don't get is why people would expect him to sound / look like he did in 1992? Do any of us look the same?

He's 50+ years old. Just because he's famous, doesn't mean he doesn't face the same inevitability of what life does to you physically, including your vocal chords. There aren't many singers who sound in their 50s the way they did in their 20s. 

For me, I really couldn't give a shit if he was fat. It's about how much he gives on stage. His and the band's energy has always been the thing for me (and the music, obviously) and I felt like at Friday's show they had that x 1,000. And musically from what we heard they sounded great too (although would sound better with Adler :)). In concerts I've watched online over the last few years he's just seemed like he's speaking the words and seems kinda 'empty', which is why Friday night was so good to see. As long as he gives it 110% next weekend, I'll be happy. Hell, he could even wear the chaps again and I wouldn't care ;).

14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The wind has been taken out of my sails a bit to see that Izzy and Adler didn't show, they are playing CD songs and they still have two keyboardists.. Just too much like NuGnR.. 

If I knew all this I wouldn't have went to Vegas.. I will still do my home town show but not traveling to Cinci or NJ like I planned. Already told my Uncle this morning that I don't want the extra ticket he got for Cinci.. Not worth a $300 dollar ticket again.

just sell your Vegas tickets online for face value and be done with it. there are literally a ton of available tickets for Vegas now and some people are even asking below face value.

4 hours ago, Gueli said:

I agree.

I'll wait until more videos are available but it looks like his voice has improved 5%, which is not high enough to be considered "good." :(

• Like 1