Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

Hollywood Roses is slated to play at the Whiskey on April 1.  So either it's a smoke screen or the Whiskey is out.  My guess is the Troubadour IF there is to be a club show.  Otherwise, they might just kick it all off in Vegas April 8th.

Edited by BadApples87

42 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Hollywood Roses is slated to play at the Whiskey on April 1.  So either it's a smoke screen or the Whiskey is out.  My guess is the Troubadour IF there is to be a club show.  Otherwise, they might just kick it all off in Vegas April 8th.

There might be an act whos tickets are available only at the door on the day of the show at the whisky, coming on after the tribute band. But I'm more inclined to say trobadour myself due to the connection with the band

10 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Billboard reported that if it happens it's going to be at The Troubador and they were right about everyhing they reported so far...

Seriously asking, what were they right about? They had the dates, they had the price (although we don't know if these Vegas prices will be the prices for the tour). Just trying to stack up what they had right.

I think it might be a better move PR wise if it happened in LA AFTER the Vegas gigs just because of the way those shows were built up to be the first viewing of this "reunited" band...

But selfishly, and truthfully, I'm not going to Vegas so I could care less. Im going to the ny show and personally I'm just happy that slash and duff are back in GNR where they belong. I'm hoping it happens before. And I don't even care if I get to hear how the band sounds right away, hell I would even settle for pictures.

Ive got my calendar circled for April 1st, 5th and 6th just incase. Let's see what happens.

Edited by Billsfan

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I think it might be a better move PR wise if it happened in LA AFTER the Vegas gigs just because of the way those shows were built up to be the first viewing of this "reunited" band...

But selfishly, and truthfully, I'm not going to Vegas so I could care less. Im going to the ny show and personally I'm just happy that slash and duff are back in GNR where they belong. I'm hoping it happens before. And I don't even care if I get to hear how the band sounds right away, hell I would even settle for pictures.

Ive got my calendar circled for April 1st, 5th and 6th just incase. Let's see what happens.

Honestly, I think it makes zero sense if it doesn't happen BEFORE Vegas. Vegas is already sold out and billed as the first show. If they play a small club after, yeah its cool but they'll already be in the news from Vegas. If they wanted to do anything, they do a secret gig before Vegas that way it only builds more excitement to the actual first show.

19 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Seriously asking, what were they right about? They had the dates, they had the price (although we don't know if these Vegas prices will be the prices for the tour). Just trying to stack up what they had right.

They were right about LiveNation doing the tour, announced Coachella before the band did and were right about the Vegas shows too. I think they have a pretty good source

Edited by Manfisman

Just now, Manfisman said:

They were right about LiveNation doing the tour. They announced Coachella before the band did. They were right about the Vegas shows too. They have a pretty good source

Fair enough. Like I said I wasn't doubting you but just hadn't read the article in a while. Then yeah, my money would be on the Troubadour if they were right about all that. If it happens at all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Honestly, I think it makes zero sense if it doesn't happen BEFORE Vegas. Vegas is already sold out and billed as the first show. If they play a small club after, yeah its cool but they'll already be in the news from Vegas. If they wanted to do anything, they do a secret gig before Vegas that way it only builds more excitement to the actual first show.

Yeah but Vegas was billed as "the first show". Like you said, yeah it'll be cool, but they might not take as bad of a PR hit if they do it right before coachella, especially due to location of he band being in the area for both shows. I think they could really pass it either way. Look at all the fans in here upset over Vegas not being the very first show, even tho it still wouldn't be the first time they've played together. I mean Christ, they've already played together if they've rehearsed!!

I will have to say that if it does happen before, (and again selfishly I kind of hope that it does because I really wanna see a pic of axl and slash on stage together) I would be shocked if it's the 7th because 3 shows in a row seems crazy. So sometime between now and a week from tomorrow. 

Edited by Billsfan

Just now, Billsfan said:

Yeah but Vegas was billed as "the first show". Like you said, yeah it'll be cool, but they might not take as bad of a PR hit if they do it right before coachella, especially due to location of he band being in the area for both shows. I think they could really pass it either way.

I will have to say that if it does happen before, (and again selfishly I kind of hope that it does because I really wanna see a pic of axl and slash on stage together) I would be shocked if it's the 7th because 3 shows in a row seems crazy. So sometime between now and a week from tomorrow. 

Agreed. Don't think it would be the 7th. 3 shows in a row would be pushing it, even if its short, and I do just assume they'd maybe be resting for Vegas (I know they're a rock band, but this is a big fucking deal). So yeah, I think we've got exactly one week. If it doesn't happen on the 6th, I doubt it does.

Selfishly I'm routing against you, but you're right about the Coachella thing. No secret show before Vegas lol!

• Like 1

Some of you seem to be forgetting that due to Goldenvoice's (Coachella) strict radius protocol, GnR aren't allowed contractually to play any shows in the LA area within three months before, during or after Coachella. 

Just now, GNR 1991 said:

Some of you seem to be forgetting that due to Goldenvoice's (Coachella) strict radius protocol, GnR aren't allowed contractually to play any shows in the LA area within three months before, during or after Coachella. 

I believe people have been throwing around the idea that they could do it under a different name, or no name at all. They just say its a "rehearsal that the public got to see, whoops!" Again, maybe thats too close to the line they'd be crossing, but is it true that they couldn't do it under a different name or unannounced? I don't know how strict that rule is.

28 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Agreed. Don't think it would be the 7th. 3 shows in a row would be pushing it, even if its short, and I do just assume they'd maybe be resting for Vegas (I know they're a rock band, but this is a big fucking deal). So yeah, I think we've got exactly one week. If it doesn't happen on the 6th, I doubt it does.

Selfishly I'm routing against you, but you're right about the Coachella thing. No secret show before Vegas lol!

Fair enough. I know it's a separate debate but I will never understand being dissapointed if it's not the "very first show" or the first time they're being seen on stage. They're rehearsing, and someone knows about it, so they've been seen. I for one am just grateful that this is happening because honestly up until about a year or so ago I never thought this was actually possible.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

If they do it under a different name, like other bands such as Metallica Under "deehan" have done in the past, then they wouldn't be breaking any rules by written technicality. So if they do a secret show they couldnt be booked as guns n roses, they would have to be booked under a different name. 

Edited by Billsfan

3 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Link?

3 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Link?

Just now, Billsfan said:

Fair enough. I know it's a separate debate but I will never understand being dissapointed if it's not the "very first show" or the first time they're being seen on stage. They're rehearsing, and someone knows about it, so they've been seen. I for one am just grateful that this is happening because honestly up until about a year or so ago I never thought this was actually possible.

Again, its absolutely not something I'm adament about or anything. But if I'm wishing for stuff, yes I do wish that me as a member of the general public is seeing their first show. Its why I paid for Vegas, but obviously can't be upset if something happens otherwise. Its purely selfish, and I understand that, but for the money I and others are spending its just a nice little thing. Just makes the weekend even more perfect. A good deal of the hype, I think, is that no one has seen them together, at least publicly or taken pictures or shared them. It has purposely been secret. For that to continue all the way till Vegas with the build up right until showtime? I get how some don't care, but that would just be amazing there. It would be worth what I'm shelling out.

But yeah, I get both sides. I'm just happy they're back together. Selfishly I want the first show, but if I don't get it it'll literally be the furthest thing from my mind April 8th.

7 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Again, its absolutely not something I'm adament about or anything. But if I'm wishing for stuff, yes I do wish that me as a member of the general public is seeing their first show. Its why I paid for Vegas, but obviously can't be upset if something happens otherwise. Its purely selfish, and I understand that, but for the money I and others are spending its just a nice little thing. Just makes the weekend even more perfect. A good deal of the hype, I think, is that no one has seen them together, at least publicly or taken pictures or shared them. It has purposely been secret. For that to continue all the way till Vegas with the build up right until showtime? I get how some don't care, but that would just be amazing there. It would be worth what I'm shelling out.

But yeah, I get both sides. I'm just happy they're back together. Selfishly I want the first show, but if I don't get it it'll literally be the furthest thing from my mind April 8th.

Awesome my friend! Hope you have a great time! I myself am just hoping for some pictures and videos. Hopefully someone does a periscope or we can get a live shot of some sort.

And back on topic so no one gets confused or derails.. My vote is a 3 way tie: April 1, April 5, April 6. If it isn't one of those dates then it didn't happen.

• Like 1