Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

I am not gonna lie, if they have a secret show I am inclined to sell my Vegas tickets, I am traveling about 3,500 Miles for what is "supposed" to be the first show in this reunion, having a show before that is messed up  and is not what the Vegas shows were billed as

8 hours ago, k12 said:

I am not gonna lie, if they have a secret show I am inclined to sell my Vegas tickets, I am traveling about 3,500 Miles for what is "supposed" to be the first show in this reunion, having a show before that is messed up  and is not what the Vegas shows were billed as

I think it could happen after Vegas, if there is one.  But who knows, it's pretty common for a band, especially one that has not played together in 23 years, to have a small club gig before going on tour....so it could happen before Vegas....either is possible at this point.

That being said, if there is one, it will most likely be a private, invite only event....so no reason to complain about it because there is a 99% chance most fans couldn't get in if they wanted to.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, k12 said:

Seriously? So if they play to some friends and family and people in the industry you don't even want to see Guns at all? I don't get that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, k12 said:

That seems like some spoiled brat mentality to me. " If I can't see the first show, I don't wanna see them at all ". Like a child not getting their way.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, k12 said:

I think you would regret that decision.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Some of you seem to be forgetting that due to Goldenvoice's (Coachella) strict radius protocol, GnR aren't allowed contractually to play any shows in the LA area within three months before, during or after Coachella. 

10 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Link?

Link?

It's a common practice for festival promoters to do this. Lollapalooza does it too.

I am honestly surprised that there has not been a club/warm up show announced yet before the Vegas shows.  In the entire history of GNR they have done this at least several times after a major tour announcement. 

I would think that they'd do the press rounds in NYC next week leading up to the shows and maybe do something there. 

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I think it could happen after Vegas, if there is one.  But who knows, it's pretty common for a band, especially one that has not played together in 23 years, to have a small club gig before going on tour....so it could happen before Vegas....either is possible at this point.

That being said, if there is one, it will most likely be a private, invite only event....so no reason to complain about it because there is a 99% chance most fans couldn't get in if they wanted to.

it is still going to be the first glimpse at GNR, there is going to be video of it everywhere, I want to see the first performance of Axl and Slash together with my own eyes

3 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Seriously? So if they play to some friends and family and people in the industry you don't even want to see Guns at all? I don't get that.

I do want to see them, but considering the time and the effort I am putting into these Vegas shows I would hang around until they played locally rather than make a 3,500 mile trip and drop over $1,000 in the process

12 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Some of you seem to be forgetting that due to Goldenvoice's (Coachella) strict radius protocol, GnR aren't allowed contractually to play any shows in the LA area within three months before, during or after Coachella. 

That clause includes San Diego as well..

2 hours ago, tat2d1 said:

That seems like some spoiled brat mentality to me. " If I can't see the first show, I don't wanna see them at all ". Like a child not getting their way.

it is more like not being lied to

One way or the other, if this thing is happening the people on the east coast that know about this show have been incredible in their ability to to keep their mouths shut, or no one that is not in the greater LA are has any ability to go.

It's fucking 1PM EST right now on Wednesday.  If it's happening anyone that needs to fly in has to pretty much be informed roughly, approximately right fucking now if they have any shot of making it out there in time, unless they own their own plane or something.

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

That clause includes San Diego as well..

They'll probably close out the tour there. If not, they can still do anytime after July 16th. That's easy. If they enforced that coachella rule (I think they did, as they had to pay a lot to get GNR's supposed first shows, which is why they worked around that and made the first show in Vegas and not California) then there won't be a secret show. 

Edited by KiernanProud

3 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

They'll probably close out the tour there. If not, they can still do anytime after July 16th. That's easy. If they enforced that coachella rule (I think they did, as they had to pay a lot to get GNR's supposed first shows, which is why they worked around that and made the first show in Vegas and not California) then there won't be a secret show. 

I understand why these festivals have these sort of rules....it's similar in concept to the NFL blackout rule.  The NFL does not televise home games within a certain distance of the stadium unless the game sells out.  That's what makes me wonder if it would be the same in this case.  Maybe there is some sort of clause that allows them to play if the festival sells out by a certain date, etc.....which it already has. 

What difference does it make to Coachella if they're already sold out?

15 hours ago, k12 said:

Were they billed as "the first GnR show of 2016"? I don' remember that? I do remember the date coming out but I think most rightly assumed that this was one of many dates to come out and it was quite likely that other dates would be announced.

To quote the Rock "It doesn't matter" if you see the first gig or the 2nd gig. If you see Slash, Duff, Axl and co together you'll be excited with that alone... the rest is just bragging rights... and really there's not much bragging rights with a gig that holds 20000+ (it's hardly the ritz, or a bowling alley), the only way you get something ultra special is if they play and break up right after, and you're one of the attendees that saw it in person (unlikely).

If I had tickets to Vegas, them playing a gig before would have no affect on my enjoyment of the gig, my thinking would be that they'll just be that little bit tighter when I see them. Definitely wouldn't sell my ticket.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

So, no Los Angeles on the list is likely not because of the radius clause.

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Were they billed as "the first GnR show of 2016"? I don' remember that? I do remember the date coming out but I think most rightly assumed that this was one of many dates to come out and it was quite likely that other dates would be announced.

To quote the Rock "It doesn't matter" if you see the first gig or the 2nd gig. If you see Slash, Duff, Axl and co together you'll be excited with that alone... the rest is just bragging rights... and really there's not much bragging rights with a gig that holds 20000+ (it's hardly the ritz, or a bowling alley), the only way you get something ultra special is if they play and break up right after, and you're one of the attendees that saw it in person (unlikely).

If I had tickets to Vegas, them playing a gig before would have no affect on my enjoyment of the gig, my thinking would be that they'll just be that little bit tighter when I see them. Definitely wouldn't sell my ticket.

It was advertised by Axis and the official promos as the "first time together in Las Vegas" or something along those lines.

But that being said, I agree with the rest of your post.  Vegas will be the first full-production show.  Any club gig will be limited in production, etc.

And for anyone that is thinking about selling their ticket.....what if they bring out the "known lineup" at the club gig...Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, Dizzy.....but then bring out Adler and Izzy for the last 5-6 songs in Vegas?  Would you not be banging your head in regret for missing that?

Anything is possible at this point and selling your ticket because of some private club gig prior to the Vegas shows is crazy, imo.

• Like 1