Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

4 minutes ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

Wow! You were there.  Like right there when it was all taking off.  Thats so cool.  hope you get your show.

Me too, and if not, I still have some really great memories. The whole 80s strip thing was such a fun era and I had a great time.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I've been wondering what it was you'd heard...ever since you said you had been told something!

I've told what I've heard on the other thread. I just had to leave out some details, but that was basically it: a warm up show and the whisky before Vegas, but I didn't have a date. Now I've been told April 1st - which sounds off to me but anyway, just passing another piece of information along.

Just now, Spirit said:

The Whisky just re-tweeted the Blabbermouth story...

Huh?

I'm not trusting anything from their social media pages lol. They went from calling Axl Slash and Duff "sell-outs" when promoting Adler's show to building on the hype for Hollywood Rose to now this. They're clearly just playing off people's excitement, which is kinda ridiculous considering they already had to refund tickets because people thought HR would be a secret show and it wasn't. 

12 minutes ago, rft2003 said:

About the troubadour comment about no show Friday that's not correct. Girl school is there which is a young girls rock camp and has been sold out. Starts at 6 pm so obviously it would be after and a late show if announced Friday morning for limited tickets. I had tickets for all this craziness at the whisky and called them and they're holding my tickets for purchase at the door. My gut still says whisky especially now that you can't buy until the Friday. I'm driving from Vegas but sure going to keep my eye on the troubadour. I'm got VIP package GA Floor for the 8th but a chance to see them in a small venue is worth the 4 hour drive. 

I wonder how early we can pick up the tickets at whisky door. I am going to be there around 4ish. 

Just now, KiernanProud said:

I'm not trusting anything from their social media pages lol. They went from calling Axl Slash and Duff "sell-outs" when promoting Adler's show to building on the hype for Hollywood Rose to now this. They're clearly just playing off people's excitement, which is kinda ridiculous considering they already had to refund tickets because people thought HR would be a secret show and it wasn't. 

Yeah, after the Hollywood Roses debacle I don't trust much coming from them.

God, I just wanna fucking know.  At least for me this madness ends tomorrow.  There is no way I'm planning this whole thing on Friday.  If I don't hear anything by tomorrow night the dream is dead.

LOL at the $400 ticket price though.  Dude, the worst seats in the house for the Vegas shows are around $300 after fees.   Try throwing another 0 to that, and that's if you would even be able to find one. 

4 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I've told what I've heard on the other thread. I just had to leave out some details, but that was basically it: a warm up show and the whisky before Vegas, but I didn't have a date. Now I've been told April 1st - which sounds off to me but anyway, just passing another piece of information along.

Now that you're opening up....have you been told this is going to be a press conference or a gig?  Or any other details like that?

11 minutes ago, MichelleRenee said:

A little of both. I live in Los Angeles and I know lots of people. The troub has no show scheduled for Friday and that is not normal. I don't think it will be the whisky because of all the opening bands booked. I have tickets waiting for me at the whisky should I choose to use them. (I was refunded through ticket web but I have some being held now) I am going to be down there and my exhusband is planning to go and he is the one I will count on to get any news. I am an oldtimer from back then, lol. I did know the band back then, but have had no contact since 1990, except for seeing slash at a little league game in the valley several years ago and an all star jam recently at a small club. But I did give him the hard cock cafe:hell shirt he wears in the paradise city video in April 88, and he also wears it in a few interviews which is a cool thing for me to see. I also was at the it's so easy filming at cathouse in October 89 and hung out on the bus and was in and out of the club while they shot pick up scenes and crowd footage and am in it a little. I would only want to see them in an intimate venue, so I'm hoping for the secret show, I only saw them in small places sitting on the stacks. It would be hard for me to see in an arena just for nostalgia. Those were great days. 

Slash just played palladinos last month here in the valley for the willie basse recovery fundraiser and killed it. 

hey Michelle, old timer here myself. this is shaping up the exact same way when GNR did some 'secret' shows in May of 1991 before UYI was released. San Fran was the 1st of these shows and it had been rumored for a couple weeks prior that it was going to happen. of course this was a long time before the internet, but the local radio shows were all over it. think i remember MTV talking about it too.

anyway, it was finally announced the night before it was going to happen but tickets weren't sold until the next morning and you couldn't start waiting in line until early that morning. the Warfield holds a couple thousand though (there's an upstairs balcony), but the floor is pretty small and was like a mosh pit that night.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Some of you seem to be forgetting that due to Goldenvoice's (Coachella) strict radius protocol, GnR aren't allowed contractually to play any shows in the LA area within three months before, during or after Coachella. 

Solution:

FARGIN BASTYDGES! ! !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Now that you're opening up....have you been told this is going to be a press conference or a gig?  Or any other details like that?

A gig. Before I've heard it'd be an acoustic pocket show, now it's an electric pocket show, so who knows?

I actually heard some more but I'm not allowed to say - and honestly, I'd rather not cause it would stir shit up even more and I'm not trusting anything 100% right now. However, I do believe in a warm up gig, not sure about the details tho.

Just now, emybdc said:

A gig. Before I've heard it'd be an acoustic pocket show, now it's an electric pocket show, so who knows?

I actually heard some more but I'm not allowed to say - and honestly, I'd rather not cause it would stir shit up even more and I'm not trusting anything 100% right now. However, I do believe in a warm up gig, not sure about the details tho.

It's all good...thanks for sharing what you can!  Don't blame you for not sharing anything you aren't allowed to...never bite the hand that feeds you!

My take on this is that if there is a club show, it will be un-announced, and/or after Vegas. Nothing about this adds up. It's definitely not the Whisky because they're being too obvious with the promotion and tribute band nonsense, and the Troubadour is booked every day till after Vegas. But honestly who knows, lol. 

Just now, tsinindy said:

It's all good...thanks for sharing what you can!  Don't blame you for not sharing anything you aren't allowed to...never bite the hand that feeds you!

Yeah, I think all this mistery is lame IF it turns out to be nothing. However if there really is going to be a warm up gig at a small place without previous confirmation, it will blow out socks off. I'm totally down for that.

7 minutes ago, MichelleRenee said:

I wonder how early we can pick up the tickets at whisky door. I am going to be there around 4ish. 

When I called Monday they said to call around noon.  I'm coming in from Vegas with my girlfriend and hanging at the rainbow. With all the chaos that happened with the whisky, if I was a betting man I'd say it's there.  We will know soon here's a picture of me, look out for me at the rainbow. Would be cool to meet.  I think we're going to be happy Friday night !

image.jpeg

Just now, DIST said:

I hope this doesn't happen, would be a massive burn for the people going to Vegas.

I used to think this way but at the same time it's not even the same show. If you look at past intimate gigs nuGNR played, they never did anything beyond a handful of Appetite (and Democracy songs). If that's what they do so be it, but anything beyond that would be saved for the first real show in Vegas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

My take on this is that if there is a club show, it will be un-announced, and/or after Vegas. Nothing about this adds up. It's definitely not the Whisky because they're being too obvious with the promotion and tribute band nonsense, and the Troubadour is booked every day till after Vegas. But honestly who knows, lol. 

The thing that opens up for The Troubadour is that the show scheduled for that night starts very early.

Just now, DIST said:

I hope this doesn't happen, would be a massive burn for the people going to Vegas.

I'm going to Vegas...and part of the reason I'm going is to see their first full show.

Anything they do before would be abbreviated in terms of length and very limited ability for just anyone in the general public to attend.

I would not feel burned at all, others may and that's their perogative, but I bought a Vegas ticket knowing this was a distinct possibility.   

• Like 1