06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

3 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

How many total for a concert at Ford Field? Based on the below list, it appears 50,000 is concert capacity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Field#Concerts

Either that or none of those shows were anywhere close to capacity.

i looked on ticketmaster just for sh*ts and giggles and theres still a TON of seats left. hope it sells out tho! i want a packed house for the tour kick off
:heart:

14 hours ago, GNRchickCLE said:

SUPER stoked to see the kick off gig!! Hope Axl's back on his feet by then.
Sect. 318 1st row. Yeah its way back...just happy to be in the same room with the guys.

:dance:

Any preshow meet-ups?

I'm organizing something and I'll post details very soon. Soon is the word lol

13 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

How many total for a concert at Ford Field? Based on the below list, it appears 50,000 is concert capacity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Field#Concerts

Either that or none of those shows were anywhere close to capacity.

Not entirely sure on capacity but:

6 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Theres only 1,868 total tickets left.

Ok, so I have a little more pre-party info to share:

What I'd like to do is open my home to forum members who want to join us for a pre-party. I have an entire section of my house that's dedicated to music apprecation and partying. Surround shots can be kinda odd, so I took a couple of my set up from each end of the room to give everyone an idea of what I mean when I say "music appreciation and partying":
2exye4z.jpg

21wu2e.jpg

In addition to a ton of music, I have a full band set up in case some jam sessions break out and PLENTY of room to facilitate everyone attending along with whomever you may be traveling with. 

The plan is to open the house as early as needed on day of the show for anyone who is coming into town early or locals who just wanna kick things off early. There is a party store a half mile from my house so you can grab whatever you may want to drink. Smoking is allowed outside in the backyard and use of e-cigarettes is allowed in the house. We ask that NO DRUGS of any kind enter our house. We're not judging you, we just aren't interested in any sort of legal situation, so hopefully everyone understands.

A lot of my friends will be attending, both men & women along with my wife who is an excellent party host :). Just wanted to mention that for any female traveling forum members or those males traveling with wives. I just want to be clear that this isn't going to be just a bunch of forum dudes hanging out discussing Axl's clothes :lol:

I know that @downzy, @Powerage5, @gunsguy, @ZoSoRose and @Iron MikeyJare coming for sure, so I just need to know who else would like to attend from the forum. As I said, all are welcome along with whomever you may be traveling with, but I'd like to get an idea of head count, so that's why I'm asking far in advance of the show.

I am going to start pricing party buses to get us to and from the show, but that relies heavily on head count so please let me know if you're interested ASAP!

EDIT-

I see that people have mentioned bringing children so I wanted to address any concerns you folks may have. Kids are more than welcome. While there will be a lot of drinking going on, no one will be getting fall down drunk or anything as we'll all have the show to go to later that night. So you won't have to worry about bringing your kids to a poor environment for them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Looks awesome man, can't wait!!!

As far as jamming goes, just bring a guitar and you are ready to play?

I've got this:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/EVH/Striped-Series-Electric-Guitar-H93823.gc

And this:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-3T-Electric-Guitar-J32278.gc

on hand along with a Line 6 Spider IV half stack. I know the Line 6 isn't ideal, but it lends itself really well to jam sessions, so it's good enough. You're welcome to bring your own fiddle if you'd like though. Actually now that I think about it, I have a bass amp but no bass. So if anyone wants to bring a bass, that'd be cool. 

Jamming isn't a must either. I just wanted to point out that it's an option for those musically inclined. I don't count myself as a musician, but I can jam here and there.

Those are sweet guitars, id actually love to give that EVH a try.

I just know with Alex being there also, it might be fun to do a jam or two. I'm not trying to switch the focus, but it might be fun, especially if someone can keep a beat on drums. Do you have any other amps, or just the 1? I can no way bring my rig (I have a Marshall half stack, so I'm not moving it, lol), but Alex might bring his, if you only have the 1?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

10 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Those are sweet guitars, id actually love to give that EVH a try.

I just know with Alex being there also, it might be fun to do a jam or two. I'm not trying to switch the focus, but it might be fun, especially if someone can keep a beat on drums. Do you have any other amps, or just the 1? I can no way bring my rig (I have a Marshall half stack, so I'm not moving it, lol), but Alex might bring his, if you only have the 1?

Oh no, I didn't think you were trying to switch the focus. I'm all for jamming, I just wanted to make it clear that I don't possess anywhere near the skills I should to own a full band set up lol. I can MAYBE hold my own on a few songs on drums and I can play rhythm on a couple things here and there. I have a pretty decent vocal range, so I can at least handle that on some tunes. Wireless mic complete with steering wheel mic stand too, just to add on the list of things I have no business owning lol. Anyone who is more talented than me is more than welcome to take the day wherever they want. My brother will be in attendance and he's an excellent drummer, singer, guitarist and bassist, so he can pick up the slack for whatever I'm lacking should a jam break out haha.

As for amp... yeah I've just got the Line 6 half stack, but I believe my brother has a combo he can bring as well. I'll get at him about that as the show approaches. I also have another friend coming who has a tube combo. He lives very nearby and he'd be happy to bring his if need be.

14 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Russ,

Your place looks INCREDIBLE!  What city are you guys in?

Thank you, it's been years in the making :) 

We're kinda near Livonia, just off 96 between Telegraph & 275. So that's why it makes a great location for the pre-party. Whether we do a party bus or not, we can all hop on 96 and head right downtown to Ford Field whenever we wrap things up at the house. If we have enough non-drinking / sober drivers we won't have to bother with a party bus but I'm down for it if it's needed.

Thanks so much for opening it up to us!  My son and I are thinking about heading down to see the Tigers in the afternoon and making a full Detroit day out of it, but I'd love to stop by, check it out and say hi.

Keep up all posted with the details!

Brush your teeth with Rock N' Roll!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KURT19 said:

HOLY SHIT @RussTCB!!!  That vinyl collection!!!  Love the disco ball and the 45's on the walls too.

Mighty damn impressive, my friend.  I take it you're a TMR Vault member?  LOVE IT!

TMR.jpg

Oh absolutely a Vault Member. My wife did all the 45s on the wall, which was awesome. Someone gave her like 3-4 boxes of 45s that were VERY beat up, so she wasn't sure what to do with them. She ended up coming up with and executing the idea of covering the walls with them, which turned out awesome. And yeah, I'm a big vinyl guy. I have the means to play things digitially if anyone needs/wants, but I also have about 1100 LPs on hand and around 400 45s so pretty much anything anyone wants to hear is covered.

• Like 1

It looks like I may actually be making it to the Detroit show. I live in Connecticut, but the company I work for has a manufacturing facility in Ferndale. I found out today I have to make a business trip out there, so I'm trying to schedule it around the GnR show. They don't know that of course. So really my company will be paying for my airfare, hotel, and rental car to come see the show, having to do only minimal work while I'm there. I love it when a plan comes together.

• Like 2