06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

25 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

This is looking... IMMENSE!! Am I the only one excited??? I hope this one is sold-out cause it's the biggest one yet... The spirit of UYI is alive and rekindled.

Definitely not sold out, fair amount of seats available including pit tix.

They sold a ton of tickets the day of in Detroit...wouldn't surprise if the same thing happens here. The Detroit show was important though, pictures showed a near sellout and media reporting on the start of the tour viewed it as a success to have 41,000 show up, so even if a couple shows don't reach the sellout numbers or close to then it will be fine. We know it won't be a trend where shows are not packed, too many sell outs already, so now the first show is out of the way the first impression is set. 

This tour is going to be a success

• Like 2

Just now, scooby845 said:

yeah I am aware of that.. perhaps ticket prices drop and majority of people will buy on the day of the show..

Oh OK...well you said "I hope this is sold out", so that would have indicated you weren't aware there were quite a few tickets remaining, as compared to "I hope this sells out", which would indicate you were aware it wasn't, but hopeful it will.

42 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

They sold a ton of tickets the day of in Detroit...wouldn't surprise if the same thing happens here. The Detroit show was important though, pictures showed a near sellout and media reporting on the start of the tour viewed it as a success to have 41,000 show up, so even if a couple shows don't reach the sellout numbers or close to then it will be fine. We know it won't be a trend where shows are not packed, too many sell outs already, so now the first show is out of the way the first impression is set. 

This tour is going to be a success

How are they selling a bunch of tix day of show.  That's quite unusual for a concert to be honest especially in a venue with a roof such as Ford Field where weather is of no concern.  Are they dropping prices?  Doing two for ones?   

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Oh OK...well you said "I hope this is sold out", so that would have indicated you weren't aware there were quite a few tickets remaining, as compared to "I hope this sells out", which would indicate you were aware it wasn't, but hopeful it will.

How are they selling a bunch of tix day of show.  That's quite unusual for a concert to be honest especially in a venue with a roof such as Ford Field where weather is of no concern.  Are they dropping prices?  Doing two for ones?   

Likely lower prices, if you live in a city that host many concerts then the people are aware that prices get reduced the day of if its not sold out. Gnr just might be one of those shows that if you can see for a good price then it's a good way to spend a night but your not hellbent on seeing them so it won't be disappointing if you show up and it's sold out.

when your dealing with stadium shows its very likely not sold out so people just show up to buy tickets at the box office. 

I remember tickets for a gnr concert in Texas in 2013 were around $80 but the day of they were selling them for $10 

• Like 1

I hope this sells out. I haven't had much luck at all selling 2nd row field tickets behind the pit where Slash is on any of the ticket exchanges or on craigslist, so I exchanged them and got two more pits where Slash is at. Hopefully I can unload them for face or close to face a couple of hours before the show. Looking forward to the show tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

This is looking... IMMENSE!! Am I the only one excited??? I hope this one is sold-out cause it's the biggest one yet... The spirit of UYI is alive and rekindled.

I'm with you! GNR is one fucking day away.

10 reasons to get carried away

1. Detroit. "Cherry buster" -Duff. "Set a great pace" -Slash. "??⚡️?" -Axl.

2. But bigger! Open air like Foro Sol, without the horrible weather. Open air like Coachella, but with a crowd that doesn't suck.

3. We're not fretting about a possible 2-hour Axl delay. I just don't see it happening after the 2-minutes early success of Ford Field. Even 1 hour like Vegas would be fine. This won't be like the last time GNR was in DC.

4. They're all getting better with each show. Frank slowed down. Slash is more at ease. Axl's voice.

5. The possibility of dropping The Seeker for absolutely any other GNR song, any, and I mean any at all. Patience or Used to Love Her would be great.

6. Axl is moving around. And so is Slash.

7. Fewer hats and jackets on Axl! More confidence, and his hair is growing out. The cowboy hat looks really good, but the other hats gotta go. Maybe we'll even see Slash without the top hat for a song or two? Asking too much, I know, but it would be fucking awesome for him to headbang the top hat off and then have Axl put it back on his head while he's doing the godfather solo sitting down.

8. Banter between songs. Funny, self deprecating, Axl making fun of himself or the politicians in DC. We don't care what it is. The crowd will eat it up.

9. The best song from Detroit was OTGM, and that came from Axl asking Slash what they should do next. More of that!

10. DO YOU KNOW WHERE TH FUCK YOU ARE ?!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3