07/09/16 - Nashville, TN - Nissan Stadium

downzy

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont hate Izzy but if it's true what they are saying then what do you think that looks like?

Anyway I'm more inclined to not believe this stuff until there's serious proof about it. Sounds like BS and I really hope it is BS.

ehmm, if you think it's BS, why would you say "stupid Izzy" and "really,izzy,fuuuu" then? 

4 minutes ago, Epson said:

ehmm, if you think it's BS, why would you say "stupid Izzy" and "really,izzy,fuuuu" then? 

because I was angry at what I read first in that post.

Then time passed, you know hours pass between a post and another post, right? :rolleyes:, and as I kept on reading the following pages I started doubting what was said by that girl and now (a day after yesterday) I have changed my mind.

:shrugs:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

This is what happens when you pick "fans" to go hang out backstage or whatever just based on their look and gender. You end up with a person who is clueless about the members of the band, making up stories and confusing the real fans. Now, we'll see this story spreaded all over the Internet, with headlines like "Izzy Stradlin reunites with GNR but doesn't want to go onstage" or "Grumpy Izzy Stradlin refuses to perform with reunited GNR" :facepalm:

This girl was not taken backstage by the band. As it was said by her friend on the thread about today's show, she was staying at the same hotel as the band, and met them there. Her pics were posted on that thread. 

You guys can check all we got so far on this GrumpIzzy Incident on that thread - the girl's friend even asked her if she knew who Izzy, Dizzy and Fortus were and she pointed all of them correctly. Anyway, just saying this is being discussed there too, if anyone's interested.

12 minutes ago, emybdc said:

This girl was not taken backstage by the band. As it was said by her friend on the thread about today's show, she was staying at the same hotel as the band, and met them there. Her pics were posted on that thread. 

You guys can check all we got so far on this GrumpIzzy Incident on that thread - the girl's friend even asked her if she knew who Izzy, Dizzy and Fortus were and she pointed all of them correctly. Anyway, just saying this is being discussed there too, if anyone's interested.

:rolleyes:

yes, I'm reading that right now. Laughing my ass off, actually.

And the whole "girl taken backstage" thing was a hyperbole to ridicule the confusion that went on last night.

Holy hell, what a show in Nashville!

Just got back to Norway (yeah it was a long way to come haha) and it was totally worth it. Nashville was buzzing from early morning, with an ever growing amount of GNR shirts showing up all over. I had the best BBQ at Jack´s on Broadway, amazing Texas brisket, before hitting the bars along Broadway. Some attempts at playing GNR covers but maybe they should stick to country lol. Got into lots of great GNR conversations in the bars with pumped up fans, Adler being spotted was a big theme and some people were planning on heading over to the Loews after the show to try and meet the band. I headed over to the Nissan stadium pretty late at about 7 PM. From then on no more beer due to the ridiculous lines. Could not believe the lines for beer and merch was even worse, they were selling shitloads of merch in the stadium. Got a good spot in Pit 1 for the Chris Stapleton opening act, I am not country fan but I have to say he was really good. Great voice on him and his girl, they really got good response from the crowd especially for the last number Tennessee Whiskey. Perfect pick for Nashville opener.

The Guns shooting thing on the screen before was not for me, really tacky stuff in my opinion. Then Looney tunes -> It´s so easy, crowd goes wild. Axl´s voice was really good during Jungle, nothing like when I heard him in 06.

Standing 4-5 people form the barrier, it was amazing to be this close to Slash and the guys. Slash was literally pouring from the first song, just dripping sweat off him it was so hot. He was on fire and enjoying himself, and Duff came to visit his side regularly. Duff playing with the crowd and interacting is so great, what a guy. Fortus really solid as well, though sometimes I think he overdoes his dance routine or whatever, kinda of hitting his guitar all the time. Axl is obviously the star of the show and man he was on fire. He was in such a good mood all night, smiling and enjoying himself. Like the response to the "Where´s Izzy?" poster already mentioned. Axl was giving it everything all night, even getting into some country gear at one point. Civil Was was one of the highlights for me, Axl was killing it.

Adler being introduced was great, he was all smiles and looked like the happiest person in the world. Would have loved to have him on a couple of more songs. Crowd goes nuts at this point at least in the pit, screaming his name. My Michelle was great, love that song.

Also have to say I loved hearing KOHD again, it just works so well live and getting the entire Nissan to sing a long was amazing. When they lit up that bowl it was just totally packed.

We got Patience in place of Don´t Cry, the Seeker and of course Paradise City closing the night. I was contemplating leaving before PC because of the huge crowd and I needed to get a taxi to the airport hotel for an early morning flight (yeah, not great planning but prices were high). Anyway, once PC got off I simply could not leave, crowd going nuts and I was drowning in confetti at the end. I made the right decision, PC was not worth missing. Not in this lifetime, anyway.

Really pleased with this show, the only proper GNR (pre nuGuns) I have been to was Milton Keynes Bowl in 93 and then I was so far back even after queuing for 6 hours I could not see anything. So for me, these US pits were great. I don´t do queuing anymore, so getting late into the show and still being in front of very seat in the house was pretty awesome. Cannot believe how close to the stage I was, amazing experience. Would recommend anyone who can stand for a few hours to get pit tickets, really good atmosphere and absolutely nothing like a mosh pit if you are worried about that. Older crowd, well behaved and no problems. Except maybe a very, very heavy pot smell lingering haha.

Enjoy Pittsburgh tonight!

• Like 1

On 12.07.2016 at 8:54 AM, smoking guns said:

This is what I posted on EVO

5) She talked to Duff for a while and he told her all the stuff we know and she was impressed with how professional he was and can tell he is a business man. Duff told her how close he and Slash were to death and how he went to school and learned about business etc. Says he is the one watching the money etc 

8) She said Izzy only seemed to care about Duff and didn't really talk to anyone else.

:lol:

• 11 months later...