07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

2 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

No we weren't!

70% of the casual fans were happy with the last lineup. We care about Izzy and Steven but in the real world no one cares about them. Plus there's people who doesn't know Duff man. The real deal was always about Axl and Slash. Period. The bottom line is we have 3/5 of the original lineup. I'm pretty fucking happy with that.

• Like 1

Just now, Thiago Mota said:

70% of the casual fans were happy with the last lineup. We care about Izzy and Steven but in the real world no one cares about them. Plus there's people who doesn't know Duff man. The real deal was always about Axl and Slash. Period. The bottom line is we have 3/5 of the original lineup. I'm pretty fucking happy with that.

No way were 70% of the casual fans happy with the last line up. 90% of casual fans weren't aware 'Guns N' Roses' was still around

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

My wife asked "who in the hell watches every single show on a tour?" lol I said I do biotchhh lol. I think she thinks I am too overly obsessed with it, and maybe I am, but if I find something in life that makes me happy and doesn't hurt anything else...fuck it.

She thought I would be over it after I saw the Nashville show. Now she realizes I am worse and want to go to more shows. So what if I know the setlist and love it every show. It hurts no one

Same here. I look forward to concert nights. Regardless of what I am doing that particular day It comes to an end so that I have time to get on the forum and prepare for the show. This band has been an obsession since I was 12 years old. Like you said It doesn't hurt or bother anyone else.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Yes this is what I've always thought to be the reason he's holding up. Steven just doesn't care. He's happy even to be playing two freaking song, as long as he gets to rock with them on stage. 

It's a real shame izzy stradlin doesn't feel the same way huh...?

yeah, that's why I have a problem with anyone calling izzy stradlin a bad ass or supporting what he's doing. Dude you're robbing your fans

8 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Because no one there has ever heard of youtube. Right.

Who's fault Is that? If a person watches a show on youtube and knows the setlist ahead of time and leaves there particular show disappointed then that Is on them.

• Like 1

Just now, ironmt said:

Who's fault Is that? If a person watches a show on youtube and knows the setlist ahead of time and leaves there particular show disappointed then that Is on them.

That is true. We are lucky to get any changes because most bands do the EXACT same show in every city these days

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Because no one there has ever heard of youtube. Right.

I give up....you all are right.  Each show should be like 15 diff songs never to be sung again. Gotta keep the massive (like maybe .00001%) YouTube crowd happy.   

• Like 1

Just now, GibsonLP said:

No way were 70% of the casual fans happy with the last line up. 90% of casual fans weren't aware 'Guns N' Roses' was still around

So how can u explain that GNR was playing in festivals all over the world in the past 20 years? I can name it a few for you.

Rock in Rio 3, Rock in Rio Lisbon, Rock in Rio 2011, Leeds 2002 and 2010, Rock am Ring....

I don't know about the US but we know that GnR has successfully toured all over the world in the past 20 years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

yeah, that's why I have a problem with anyone calling izzy stradlin a bad ass or supporting what he's doing. Dude you're robbing your fans

Thing is...we can only speculate (on Izzy's part that is. We know Steven's happy just to be there) until the real reason is made known, if ever.

Maybe someone with a twitter account can ask Izzy directly, if he will ever join any of the shows on this tour and see what his response is.

12 minutes ago, Original said:

Can't believe people are bitching about set list.  It's brand new for each city as far as those fans are concerned.  JFC 

This is supposed be the most dangerous band in the world, but they play it safe all the time. They got more to give so they should, they used to take more risks with the setlist and should still. A fan that is satisfied and don't want more, is a weird fan. Normal people are satisfied,  guns n roses should learn something if/when they visit this place. If I was able to decide their setlists it would the best tour ever,  they should hire us because we are the ones that knows,  the best fans in the world. 

9 minutes ago, Thiago Mota said:

So how can u explain that GNR was playing in festivals all over the world in the past 20 years? I can name it a few for you.

Rock in Rio 3, Rock in Rio Lisbon, Rock in Rio 2011, Leeds 2002 and 2010, Rock am Ring....

I don't know about the US but we know that GnR has successfully toured all over the world in the past 20 years. 

LOL.   I could tour SA under the 'GnR' name and be "successful".   

1 minute ago, agno said:

This is supposed be the most dangerous band in the world, but they play it safe all the time. They got more to give so they should, they used to take more risks with the setlist and should still. A fan that is satisfied and don't want more, is a weird fan. Normal people are satisfied,  guns n roses should learn something if/when they visit this place. If I was able to decide their setlists it would the best tour ever,  they should hire us because we are the ones that knows,  the best fans in the world. 

They are what 8--10 shows into the (after 23 or so years) and it's supposed to be 1993 again?   WTF 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Why should he? Do you think Slash would accept to be at certain shows coming on stage to play TWO FUCKING SONGS? Steven is a sweetheart and he's happy about any thing they're willing to give him but there's no reason why Izzy should accept that.

Izzy ain't robbing anyone, he's doing what he think it's right and it's hard to argue against it. Although Izzy did quit back in the day, so did Slash and Duff, so if they can be back as full members being in the spotlight and getting a shitload of money, why should he be there as an addition to make hardcore fans happy for a few minutes?

What I loved the most about seeing Steven with them was knowing how much it means to him but other than that, as awesome as it is to see him there making the band sound the way it's suppose to sound it's a pretty bittersweet thing because then we have to deal with the fact that 99% of the time we get a guy who couldn't do justice to the songs to save his life on drums.

So, if Izzy is invited to rejoin the band as a full member under fair conditions, that's great. Otherwise, it'd be nice and exciting for a moment but then we'd have to accept that Izzy and Steven are available but we get Richard and the grooveless...

• Like 1