07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

1 minute ago, Thiago Mota said:

Dude we are hardcore fans. Casual fans doesn't give a shit about the line up. When we talk about Guns N Roses common people are happy with Axl Rose. It's not that hard to see that.

Axl was playing to 4,000-12,000 people per night with the old band. He Is now playing to 30,000-50,000 people with the original band. I think people cared about the line up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

It's a real shame izzy stradlin doesn't feel the same way huh...?

yeah, that's why I have a problem with anyone calling izzy stradlin a bad ass or supporting what he's doing. Dude you're robbing your fans

I consider myself a diehard Izzy fan and I feel far from robbed this year. I've spent $1.98 and got to hear 2 new studio songs and 2 covers on Youtube. The longer this disagreement between Guns and Izzy continues the more his solo fans will benefit hopefully :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, ironmt said:

Axl was playing to 4,000-12,000 people per night with the old band. He Is now playing to 30,000-50,000 people with the original band. I think people cared about the line up.

And do you think that adding Steven or Izzy those numbers would be higher?

1 minute ago, downliner said:

I consider myself a diehard Izzy fan and I feel far from robbed this year. I've spent $1.98 and got to hear 2 new studio songs and 2 covers on Youtube. The longer this disagreement between Guns and Izzy continues the more his solo fans will benefit hopefully :lol:

I can vouch for downliner. Literally izzys number one fan!

• Like 1

Just now, Thiago Mota said:

I am stating the facts. The line up definitely means something to the fans. There Is no denying the numbers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thiago Mota said:

What's your point? Yes, Slash and Axl sell the tickets, we all know that. Duff, Steven and Izzy make little to no difference regarding the band's commercial success. Does that mean it's the same whether they are in the band or not?
Why should WE (GNR fans) care about what "casual fans" (who aren't fans at all, just casual concert goers) think or care about? We're not trying to find a way to make this mega successful band even more successful, we love the REAL band and wish we could have it. That doesn't mean I'm not happy to "at least" have Slash and Duff back, still can't contain the joy. But that also makes me aware of how happy I'd be if the five guys were there, it would be the best thing fucking ever!

I leave the extreme attention on ticket sales to their management, I care for the band, its music and the guys who made me love it.

16 minutes ago, ironmt said:

You wrong, you should see vids on youtube , for example 2006 am ring (Germany) . 

It´s Axl´s band.

Edited by Juliette
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thiago Mota said:

Dude we are hardcore fans. Casual fans doesn't give a shit about the line up. When we talk about Guns N Roses common people are happy with Axl Rose. It's not that hard to see that.

Oh jesus this is worse than I thought it was

24 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Thing is...we can only speculate (on Izzy's part that is. We know Steven's happy just to be there) until the real reason is made known, if ever.

Maybe someone with a twitter account can ask Izzy directly, if he will ever join any of the shows on this tour and see what his response is.

Well I believe that's been tried and izzy chooses not to respond to people.. Makes ya wonder if he's involved after all?

But Idk.. Look at the evidence:

- Axl said the other night "that's a good question" then kind of chuckled so I think he's cool with izzy being involved.

-Slash wished him a happy birthday. 

- Duff worked with him last year. 

Idk, there doesn't seem to be an issue with GNR having izzy so it's clear its from izzy to GNR. Marc canter said awhile back he thinks Izzy was upset he wasn't includid in the Axl/Slash/Duff partnership. Seems reasonable in a way but, obviously it isn't the time for a full partnership. He's not winning people over or changing minds by not joining guns n roses, I think it's better he's involved in some way than not at all. 

Just now, ironmt said:

I am stating the facts. The line up definitely means something to the fans. There Is no denying the numbers.

Yeah the lineup means something and this something has a name - Slash. Duff toured some dates with Guns in 2014. Nobody cared. Casual fans are easy to manouver. You read the newspapers/tv news saying it's the original band and you believe. I truly believe that an lineup like Axl, Slash, 4tus, Asbha, Frank, Tommy, Pittman and Bumble would have similar numbers to those 30k - 50k . 

11 minutes ago, Original said:

They are what 8--10 shows into the (after 23 or so years) and it's supposed to be 1993 again?   WTF 

Yes! This is what we will get when we see them too,  but they got so much more! I want more and I want it now. But I do admit that I am more than pleased that they are back and also playing songs like Coma and DTJ,  I had given up hope. I love all this but if I didn't want more I would not follow every single move this band does. I could follow guns on facebook and watch some youtube clips.  But I'm not here for that. 

Just now, ironmt said:

Isn't that a festival with many bands?

I have 100 examples more, Brasil, ...... etc....

This band in South America was the bomb and sold out without Slash, Duff,etc...

Just now, GibsonLP said:

Juliette are you by any chance Thiago Moto's girlfriend?

<_< What are you talking about? :lol:

haha. 

21 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Why should he? Do you think Slash would accept to be at certain shows coming on stage to play TWO FUCKING SONGS? Steven is a sweetheart and he's happy about any thing they're willing to give him but there's no reason why Izzy should accept that.

Izzy ain't robbing anyone, he's doing what he think it's right and it's hard to argue against it. Although Izzy did quit back in the day, so did Slash and Duff, so if they can be back as full members being in the spotlight and getting a shitload of money, why should he be there as an addition to make hardcore fans happy for a few minutes?

What I loved the most about seeing Steven with them was knowing how much it means to him but other than that, as awesome as it is to see him there making the band sound the way it's suppose to sound it's a pretty bittersweet thing because then we have to deal with the fact that 99% of the time we get a guy who couldn't do justice to the songs to save his life on drums.

So, if Izzy is invited to rejoin the band as a full member under fair conditions, that's great. Otherwise, it'd be nice and exciting for a moment but then we'd have to accept that Izzy and Steven are available but we get Richard and the grooveless...

I understand you're frustrated, but whether you want to believe it or not, what's going on is something I don't completely agree with. Part of me wants izzy involved. But part of me know he's not because part of the agreement with getting Axl to agree to all of this probably means not throwing his last versions of guns n roses away. 

Agree and disagree with that, your call. I hope things work out with izzy. But even if you're in izzys shoes, what kind of significant difference could you really have with a band to not appear at all? It's just not time yet to have izzy back in full time, I personally think there's a chance it could evolve back to it. But for now, we got what we got, like it or not. 

2 minutes ago, Thiago Mota said:

Yeah the lineup means something and this something has a name - Slash. Duff toured some dates with Guns in 2014. Nobody cared. Casual fans are easy to manouver. You read the newspapers/tv news saying it's the original band and you believe. I truly believe that an lineup like Axl, Slash, 4tus, Asbha, Frank, Tommy, Pittman and Bumble would have similar numbers to those 30k - 50k . 

Well then you would have been wrong when you claimed In an earlier post that the line up doesn't mean anything as long as people have Axl. Now you claim the line up does mean something so which Is It?

• Like 1

At this point the can tour constantly all over the world and rake in the bucks for years to come. I'm sure we'll see the original 5 all together at some point. I just hope they put out some new tunes. Legendary bands that reunite always manage to crank out some great tunes after years apart.

Edited by passenger57