07/12/16 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

downzy

23 minutes ago, downliner said:

I consider myself a diehard Izzy fan and I feel far from robbed this year. I've spent $1.98 and got to hear 2 new studio songs and 2 covers on Youtube. The longer this disagreement between Guns and Izzy continues the more his solo fans will benefit hopefully :lol:

I think you'll get your wish there but, I do hope he comes along. Idk, If Steven and izzy join for songs at the same time who are we kidding, no one will care for Richard or Frank at that point. 

One step at a time.. We are still only a week out from adlers Return, really 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

Juliette are you by any chance Thiago Moto's girlfriend?

First of all  its MotA not MotO.... if u read carefully you will understand.... 

I love GnR and I love the band right now. If Steven and Izzy were back in the fold I would be more than happy. I fucking love the original five. But they are not back . So whats the point of bashing this lineup?  We got Steven. Maybe we will even got an Izzy appearance. I can live with that. 

tip for you man.... we don't need to be barbarians here. We can be polite to eachother.

Edited by Thiago Mota

4 minutes ago, Juliette said:

You wrong, you should see vids on youtube , for example 2006 am ring (Germany) . 

It´s Axl´s band.

Rock AM Ring is a festival.

And no, it never was and never will be Axl's band unless he's able to fill stadiums with a full set of songs written solely by himself. Why is Guns N' Roses one of the best rock bands EVER while nobody cares about Rapidfire and Hollywood Rose? Because 5 guys with an absurd chemistry created magic TOGETHER. Axl can own the name and make all the decisions if he wants but it will never be just his band. The commotion Slash's return created speaks for itself so I don't even know why I care to answer...

Don't wanna sound negative though, I think Axl actually realized this isn't just his band and he looks happier than ever sharing it with Slash and Duff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

Wow. Just consider for a minute what you are saying. Axl's third rate cover band was playing to half empty arenas and birthday parties. Wake up and smell the coffee. For mainstream America, GNR died in 94 and were resurrected in 2016.

Absolutely, people on here argue just to argue even when there Is clear and plain evidence.

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Are you implying the 2001 - 2014 lineups are as popular as gnr with slash?  Cause that's false

I´m from South America, and believe me. In these period, this band only with Axl rocked and sold out. Tell me what you want. even with a fat without voice Axl in one year, Guns sold out, and the same in Europe, in countries like Germany, in Asia..etc etc..

In Argentina for example Axl is a GOD.

Axl is the big deal ,in my opinion.

Edited by Juliette

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Are you implying the 2001 - 2014 lineups are as popular as gnr with slash?  Cause that's false

I think countries other than the US are more forgiving when it came to various lineups.  US however the classic lineup means a lot.  More for this band than any other.  just an observation.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Original said:

They are what 8--10 shows into the (after 23 or so years) and it's supposed to be 1993 again?   WTF 

Exactly!

A lot of bitching going on. Maybe Steven & Izzy will show up,may'be not. From the start it's been advertised Axl,Slash & Duff with no other expectations. If they show up cool...but they're playing great shows so I'll enjoy that.

• Like 1

Just now, Jboogie said:

Exactly!

A lot of bitching going on. Maybe Steven & Izzy will show up,may'be not. From the start it's been advertised Axl,Slash & Duff with no other expectations. If they show up cool...but they're playing great shows so I'll enjoy that.

Agreed : )

• Like 1

Just now, Jboogie said:

Exactly!

Yeah true. I think it's also an evolution too. Things don't move too fast in GN'R world but we're slowly seeing this evolve

2 minutes ago, Jboogie said:

Exactly!

That's my point.

GnR didn't use set lists during the UYI tour. Why? Because they were the most dangerous band in the world.

Now they are a corporate act. I love seeing the band go out there and play but let's not pretend that the set list couldn't be more exciting.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

Had a lot of fun tonight watching the Periscope stream and chatting with my fellow Gunners :headbang: But it's 5.30am here in the UK and I gotta sign off, start work in a couple of hours lol. Will leave ya with this....

:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I understand you're frustrated, but whether you want to believe it or not, what's going on is something I don't completely agree with. Part of me wants izzy involved. But part of me know he's not because part of the agreement with getting Axl to agree to all of this probably means not throwing his last versions of guns n roses away. 

Agree and disagree with that, your call. I hope things work out with izzy. But even if you're in izzys shoes, what kind of significant difference could you really have with a band to not appear at all? It's just not time yet to have izzy back in full time, I personally think there's a chance it could evolve back to it. But for now, we got what we got, like it or not. 

The only thing I'm really frustrated about is the fact that they have a drummer who fucks up every 25 seconds. As much as I love Izzy and would love to have him back, I like Richard too so I'm not desperate for Izzy to come back. All I'm saying is I agree with (what we assume to be) his idea of not accepting whatever shit he gets offered. I didn't want Slash to be there for 2 songs, I don't want that for Izzy either. I can accept that for Steven because it's better than nothing for him and I want him to be happy, but Izzy doesn't need to do that, so even if it means we lose the chance to see them all together, I still think he's doing the right thing and totally support his (supposed) decision.

Ps: I do like what we got. I love it in fact and I'm desperate to see GNR live. DESPERATE!!!

11 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

The only thing I'm really frustrated about is the fact that they have a drummer who fucks up every 25 seconds. As much as I love Izzy and would love to have him back, I like Richard too so I'm not desperate for Izzy to come back. All I'm saying is I agree with (what we assume to be) his idea of not accepting whatever shit he gets offered. I didn't want Slash to be there for 2 songs, I don't want that for Izzy either. I can accept that for Steven because it's better than nothing for him and I want him to be happy, but Izzy doesn't need to do that, so even if it means we lose the chance to see them all together, I still think he's doing the right thing and totally support his (supposed) decision.

Ps: I do like what we got. I love it in fact and I'm desperate to see GNR live. DESPERATE!!!

1 - I'm not going to argue Frank. Although I have more of a criticism about the appetitite material over everything else he plays by far. That should be Steven 

2 - Exactly, so why kick Fortus to the curb? Bottom line is, there's no issue with Slash on lead really since both Ashba and Bumblefoot quit. They needed an elite lead, and who better than slash?! Its just a tougher situation than any of us could have imagined but, I have faith it'll work out. 

I hope you make it to some shows! And I hope izzy is willing to compromise, just for now, and things can move forward with both him and Adler. We need them both there and in more significant roles. Tough trying to be fair and make everyone happy..

Just got back from the show....here's a few quick notes from tonight:

• The show was great.  I'm a big fan and follow each show on this forum, but I would guess 90% of the people there do not.  The show all about Axl & Slash.  Axl sounded good but Slash stole the show.  Duff got some cheers but nowhere near Axl & Slash.
  • Same setlist as other shows minus OTGM.  No Steven.  I don't think the majority of the people minded.  They played the hits and sounded great.
  • I agree...Seeker needs to go.  They have too many other great songs to be playing another cover, especially one that people don't know.  I'd prefer Don't Cry & Patience were on every show.  And maybe play UTLH or You're Crazy.
  • The crowd was really into KOHD.  I'd leave that on the set list.
  • Chinese songs (Chinese, Better, TIL) got no reaction.  Axl impressed on TIL but the other two songs could easily be replaced. 
  • Civil War and Coma were my highlights of the night.  Axl sounded great on those.
  • Overall, Axl sounded good but he was hard to hear at times when he wasn't screaming.  It seems during certain songs he sings much quieter and he can barely be heard.  His voice was fine but he goes back and forth from screaming to singing at a low volume. 
  • Slash was amazing.....even with the long solos and jams, he kept people interested.  The songs sound so much better with him playing. 
  • No Izzy, no Steven but I don't think most people cared nor would they have sold many more tickets with them.  This band sounds great and they put on a heck of a show.  Afterwards, I heard most people saying how impressed they were.  I don't understand all the bitching on here.  If you go to a show and don't obsess about the setlist, you'll love it.
  • Like 4