07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

54 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

People arent wannabe fans for not liking nugnr

Wannabe fans are anyone who go there only for the radio hits and complain about not every song in the setlist being a song they know the lyrics to, whether it is CD songs or UYI songs.

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Coma was fantastic. Even the people around me who didn't necessarily know or love the song got off on seeing Slash rock out like a mad man. I thought it was going to be a lagging live song but it was fine. I truly thought the only buzzkill song for the crowd was Sorry, which wasn't helped by following it up with Better. The transition could have been...

Wait for it...

Better.

Slash was amazing! i need to see video of that performance cos it was great :headbang:

• Like 1

I have to say for some reason I didn't enjoy myself as I wanted to.  I'm not sure why? I was so pumped for this for a very long time.  I guess in the end I wanted a full reunion with Izzy and Steven and or Matt.  It's so Easy and Brownsrone had me jacked but once I heard Slash play Chinese I just wasn't into it.  I enjoyed myself and I was sitting very close but I felt that it was a cash grab and not a lot of interaction between the guys.  The songs sounded fine.  Axls voice was fine.  I don't know what it was.  I think it has to do with me playing it up so big.  Maybe it was the skydome and me being 39 and Ina different phase of my life.  I'm not upset about spending $500 for two Tix.  I'm glad I went for sure but I'm not jacked as I thought I would be.  The setlist had everything I wanted to hear bout it also had a lot of stuff I didn't.  Chinese songs are a buzzkill and so are the jams and covers.  They could have played more Classic tunes from when Slash and Duff were actually in the band.  Or they could have just played for 2 hrs.  The show felt really long with too much bullshit.  Sorry of I'm being a hater I'm just saying how I felt.  Guns is/was an obsession for me and I'm kind of questioning why I didn't get the feeling that I wanted to.  I felt I had a better time in 2002 seeing Axl after all those years.  I'm chalking it up to putting unrealistic expectations.  The band did sound fine.  

• Like 4

Am I the only one who feels like they went to the show, had a blast, but now forgot like half the concert. I literally had to think hard and look up the set list to remember if they played This I Love, and I love that song. I love rocket queen and estranged but barely remember them. I was just so in the moment singing loud , not a single thought in mind just living it up lol. But now I'm like watching all these videos posted to remember it again. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ajyoli said:

Am I the only one who feels like they went to the show, had a blast, but now forgot like half the concert. I literally had to think hard and look up the set list to remember if they played This I Love, and I love that song. I love rocket queen and estranged but barely remember them. I was just so in the moment singing loud , not a single thought in mind just living it up lol. But now I'm like watching all these videos posted to remember it again. 

Kind of feel a bit like that from Vegas, apart from Coma (which I cried through) I can barely remember a thing about it. Might have had something to do with sleep deprivation though.

They were all great.

I've Axl in 2006, 2010, 2011, and 2013 and that was truly the best performance of his I've seen. 110% effort and running around the most he has in a long time. There were glimpses of his UYI self in there. His sheer effort and stamina easily made up for the couple shortcomings in the rasp department which were hardly noticeable and few and far in between.

What else can I say about Slash and Duff that hasn't been said?

Frank was fantastic. Rock solid tempos all the way through. None of his extra fills stood out in a negative way so overall he was totally fine on the kit. My favorite Guns drummer next to Steven.

To think there was once a topic asking if Richard was overbearing - I barely even noticed him all night. He did exactly what he needed to do and I enjoyed the jams and lick trading with Slash. He's a great player in his own right.

Dizzy kept it real on the bongos. Jungle has never sounded better. Am I right? Well, uh, Dizzy's cool.

Melissa's vocals were good as expected, otherwise I barely noticed her. Her presence doesn't bother me at all.

5 minutes ago, BuickMakane said:

In Nashville, This I Love was a buzzkill.  I imagine Sorry would be similar.  Really wish they would do Don't Cry and Patience and ditch TIL and Sorry.  Also sprinkle in songs like Yesterday's and Dead Horse

Toronto crowd seemed to dig This I Love as a sort of Axl solo spot. That's the only reason I think that one is okay in the set.

5 minutes ago, Guigsdaddy76 said:

I have to say for some reason I didn't enjoy myself as I wanted to.  I'm not sure why? I was so pumped for this for a very long time.  I guess in the end I wanted a full reunion with Izzy and Steven and or Matt.  It's so Easy and Brownsrone had me jacked but once I heard Slash play Chinese I just wasn't into it.  I enjoyed myself and I was sitting very close but I felt that it was a cash grab and not a lot of interaction between the guys.  The songs sounded fine.  Axls voice was fine.  I don't know what it was.  I think it has to do with me playing it up so big.  Maybe it was the skydome and me being 39 and Ina different phase of my life.  I'm not upset about spending $500 for two Tix.  I'm glad I went for sure but I'm not jacked as I thought I would be.  The setlist had everything I wanted to hear bout it also had a lot of stuff I didn't.  Chinese songs are a buzzkill and so are the jams and covers.  They could have played more Classic tunes from when Slash and Duff were actually in the band.  Or they could have just played for 2 hrs.  The show felt really long with too much bullshit.  Sorry of I'm being a hater I'm just saying how I felt.  Guns is/was an obsession for me and I'm kind of questioning why I didn't get the feeling that I wanted to.  I felt I had a better time in 2002 seeing Axl after all those years.  I'm chalking it up to putting unrealistic expectations.  The band did sound fine.  

That's a fair assessment, I definitely wouldn't label you a hater. Sounds like you're kind of indifferent, or maybe just numb to the experience not perhaps living it up. It's too bad, but I'm glad you at least don't feel ripped off.

11 minutes ago, Guigsdaddy76 said:

Sorry you didn't get the experience you were looking for bro, and your honesty is welcome.

Im hoping Sorry doesn't too much of a dampener on the show I'm attending. Four Chinese songs are too much.

Was at Vegas and absolutely loved it, I get the feeling those shows were a little different though.

The sound at Rogers Center wasn't great at first. Up until estranged if you didn't know the words it was hard to understand Axl. The last third of the concert they seemed to get it right. It didn't ruin anything but it could have been better. Double Talkin Jive was particularly off  

I actually think people kinda dug Sorry. I did. Highlights for me personally were Estranged and NR, seeing slash do those particularly emotional bends was perfect. 

For people who saw the Nu GNR line up- did you feel like you were basically seeing a similar show just with Slash and Duff? Like seeing them made the show since Axl has similar moves/methods as before and the set list/break system was kinda the same? It's not a knock it just short of shifted my focus to slash more  

Duff posted this on Twitter:

"Great one tonite Toronto! Our longest show yet?! Truly thunderous crowd. Cheers you guys"

how long was it exactly? Seemed similar to what they've been playing all tour

Edited by ajyoli
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

The gun story on Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-detained-at-canadian-border-for-gun-possession-w429548

Plot twist right on the first comment on facebook: ' At least they kept the roses:rofl-lol:

i'l laugh my ass off if that shows up on the tv show "border security"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bt88 said:

The sound at Rogers Center wasn't great at first. Up until estranged if you didn't know the words it was hard to understand Axl. The last third of the concert they seemed to get it right. It didn't ruin anything but it could have been better. Double Talkin Jive was particularly off  

I actually think people kinda dug Sorry. I did. Highlights for me personally were Estranged and NR, seeing slash do those particularly emotional bends was perfect. 

For people who saw the Nu GNR line up- did you feel like you were basically seeing a similar show just with Slash and Duff? Like seeing them made the show since Axl has similar moves/methods as before and the set list/break system was kinda the same? It's not a knock it just short of shifted my focus to slash more  

I saw the original band, the in between years and the reunited band. I would say yes. But I would likely never go to a Duff or Slash show. I like them and appreciate the magic that they are capable of when collaborating. In all honesty, 90% of the reason I go is to see Axl. However, when Axl disappears backstage (which he much too often does) I would much rather be entertained by Slash playing than the other guys (including Duff) mostly because he has "that something" that others do not.

• Like 3