07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

2 hours ago, BuickMakane said:

In Nashville, This I Love was a buzzkill.  I imagine Sorry would be similar.  Really wish they would do Don't Cry and Patience and ditch TIL and Sorry.  Also sprinkle in songs like Yesterday's and Dead Horse

What happened to Yesterday's? Didn't they play it in Mexico and disappeared since. 

1 hour ago, ajyoli said:

Duff posted this on Twitter:

"Great one tonite Toronto! Our longest show yet?! Truly thunderous crowd. Cheers you guys"

how long was it exactly? Seemed similar to what they've been playing all tour

2 hours and 45 minutes.  Looney tunes theme at 954pm and bows at 1240.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Regarding the show length- I guess the jams were just longer or something? The setlist appears to have the same # of songs as usual to me.

Yes the godfather solo seemed like it had a longer 'intro' so to speak than what I remember from the Detroit show.

14 hours ago, gunsguy said:

From the preshow to the concert itself we had a blast.  So cool seeing and meeting so many new faces and old faces from the forum.  The show was great, just got in at 440am and I'm wiped.  If I met you tonight quote this post and tag me in it ;)  want to keep in touch!  Or private message me, can't recall all usernames, many yes but not all!

Myself and my son loved it all, everyone was so damn cool tonight (or was that last night?)  

Hey @downzy thanks alot for holding that train for the 15 last calls ahahahah, seriously though thanks for everything tonight  !

The band  sounded great from my seats(was actually shocked being SkyDome does not have great acoustics) Axl brought the house down, people from the pit to the upper deck were having a great time.  During PC People were dancing on top of the dugouts!   Security was lax which was great, People leaving the venue had a great night from what I heard in the crowd.  Always cool to see "general public" enjoy the show and leave fulfilled.  I say that cause we here are a little spoiled knowing more than most.  The guy behind me when Coma started made me smile, he legit was in total shock they were playing that.

So tonight (last night? For me) Was a night to remember for fans in Toronto from all over the planet.  So fucking cool, so amazing that we get to see this In Our Lifetime!

Thank you again to all the fans that made this night even better for us, I mean that's what this is all about right?  For me it is, most definitely...

If Guns are coming near you or even further away get to a show!!!

Yeah great meeting you and thanks again for the drinks! In my part of town the security was brutal (woman). She targeted my friend and I. I'm going to get in touch with Rogers Center about it. However, the show was amazing, rocking out, sister tried to throw her undies on stage (too funny!) and feet so sore ?

image.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guigsdaddy76 said:

I have to say for some reason I didn't enjoy myself as I wanted to.  I'm not sure why? I was so pumped for this for a very long time.  I guess in the end I wanted a full reunion with Izzy and Steven and or Matt.  It's so Easy and Brownsrone had me jacked but once I heard Slash play Chinese I just wasn't into it.  I enjoyed myself and I was sitting very close but I felt that it was a cash grab and not a lot of interaction between the guys.  The songs sounded fine.  Axls voice was fine.  I don't know what it was.  I think it has to do with me playing it up so big.  Maybe it was the skydome and me being 39 and Ina different phase of my life.  I'm not upset about spending $500 for two Tix.  I'm glad I went for sure but I'm not jacked as I thought I would be.  The setlist had everything I wanted to hear bout it also had a lot of stuff I didn't.  Chinese songs are a buzzkill and so are the jams and covers.  They could have played more Classic tunes from when Slash and Duff were actually in the band.  Or they could have just played for 2 hrs.  The show felt really long with too much bullshit.  Sorry of I'm being a hater I'm just saying how I felt.  Guns is/was an obsession for me and I'm kind of questioning why I didn't get the feeling that I wanted to.  I felt I had a better time in 2002 seeing Axl after all those years.  I'm chalking it up to putting unrealistic expectations.  The band did sound fine.  

So much this.
All I would add to "Axl sounded fine", is, at times Axl didn't sound all that fine.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zint said:

Just gotta say, anyone who thinks that's 90's era Axl up there, you're out of your minds, lol.

It's good, it was great to see, but that wasn't Illusion era Axl...sorry.

I don't think anyone thinks that.  If you can't appreciate this tour for what it is you should probably just stay home .   Doesn't sound like anything they could do would please fans like you.

• Like 3

Not to get into a heated discussion but what is this tour really?  Inserting Slash and Duff into the band again and playing the same set as the Sound Academy show from three years ago? To me Guns is Appetite to the Get In The Ring Tour.  Axl clearly didn't bring that back.  Not saying he had to but ultimately that is what I wanted.  I tried to convince myself otherwise. 

I think this is an excellent money opportunity for guns N roses, that being said I think maturity seems to change things. 

I think the fact that slash duff are playing Chinese democracy songs with extra flare means something. 

If this tour didn't happen obviously we would have 0 chance of seeing anything from the trio. 

I went 6 years ago to acc, was boring lame, lost my voice and had great time to last night I mean the partying I saw was close to old edm days, when everyone was high on E. 

It's a process and EVERYONE does what they do for gain, not one person I know would work for free. 

I think the key is have fun, if this is basis for future developments, then great if not well we as fans got chance or saw the joy of this again, that we all never believed would happen. 

The fact that this could also inspire potential the next big rock band, you never know. 

Guns in roses did 100 percent what was expected and we paid for in my opinion 

• Like 1