07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

What a wonderful evening in Toronto! Made the trip from Montreal. I had a nosebleed ticket but did the lineup at gate 6A for pit access. I got the ticket scanned and the pit bracelet!! What an upgrade!!! Went straight for Slash side. you can even see me in the GnR Twitter video for Toronto! Unbelievable experience. 

• Like 1

Alright, this is the last one I got...

*Some of the earlier videos I posted got f**cked up by YouTube stabilization enhancement, they're in the process of being reverted to originals. Sorry about shaky cam -- you try to stand still at a GN'R show! LOL...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guigsdaddy76 said:

Not to get into a heated discussion but what is this tour really?  Inserting Slash and Duff into the band again and playing the same set as the Sound Academy show from three years ago? To me Guns is Appetite to the Get In The Ring Tour.  Axl clearly didn't bring that back.  Not saying he had to but ultimately that is what I wanted.  I tried to convince myself otherwise. 

To me, Axl gets a pass on this tour because it's the first one with Slash and Duff. If they continue beyond NITL without any sign of new music then I'll quickly lose interest.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jnfnps! said:

Yesterday's show with my son!!!

We loved every minute of it!!!

I saw them first in 1992  (12yrs old)

He saw them first in 2016 (6yrs old)

Thank you to all who were around us you made this night so fricking good!!!!

GunsTor16.mp4

IMG-20160717-WA0045.jpg

Oh yeah, and on top of it, like if this night wasn't already mind blowing, our parting gift from a crew guy once the show was over:

20160717_102245_resized.jpg

Edited by Jnfnps!
Edit yr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Yeah great meeting you and thanks again for the drinks! In my part of town the security was brutal (woman). She targeted my friend and I. I'm going to get in touch with Rogers Center about it. However, the show was amazing, rocking out, sister tried to throw her undies on stage (too funny!) and feet so sore ?

image.jpeg

Same here. Thanks for the invite and was cool meeting the faces behind the posts.

The show was amazing but the people made it the best ever present during and post show !!!!

Now awake enough to provide my two cents (five cents actually since we don't use pennies anyone in Canada, ha!)

Bused in from Ottawa, had Vip Riser tix in front of Duff (FYI was told 4 songs into the GNR set by the lady in charge that we actually had access to both risers and could go back and forth between them...at that point on Slash's side it was packed).  Was right at the front railing of the riser for the entire show, sound was excellent other than the moments Axl would speak, seemed muddled.  Met great people, had a great time, chatted with a few folks on getting their Nightrain shirts and they basically said that they shipped late and somehow got them on time before the weekend show.

I can understand everyone's point of view regarding expectations, my approach was simple...this band is not supposed to exist.  With all the drama, bad blood and whatever else thrown in a blender over the past few decades there were better odds of pigs flying yet here we are...2016 and Axl and Slash and Duff are together, getting along and playing kickass music again.  I cannot remember a Guns show where Axl was smilling so much and seemed genuinely happy.  I could care less about the rest of the lineup, what ifs with Pittman and Izzy, crowd moods, cash grabs, etc. 

Most of the band and music I loved to death as a young teenager exists again in live form and I have the opportunity to see them...LIVE!  It was a kickass show by a kickass band that still gives a damn 20 plus years after their golden years...I can't complain and we should just be rejoicing and celebrating ?

Go see the band live, when they are on their game periscope and youtube do not do it justice.  They don't make rock bands like they used to anymore.

1 hour ago, razzy said:

What a wonderful evening in Toronto! Made the trip from Montreal. I had a nosebleed ticket but did the lineup at gate 6A for pit access. I got the ticket scanned and the pit bracelet!! What an upgrade!!! Went straight for Slash side. you can even see me in the GnR Twitter video for Toronto! Unbelievable experience. 

Wait...were you the guy who leaked "Checkmate" like 10 years ago? You're username looks familiar.

1 hour ago, izzyzz said:

Alright, this is the last one I got...

*Some of the earlier videos I posted got f**cked up by YouTube stabilization enhancement, they're in the process of being reverted to originals. Sorry about shaky cam -- you try to stand still at a GN'R show! LOL...

Wow Axl's voice on that outro is incredible 

• Like 1

Guys, can we all agree on the fact that they're back or what??? Axl is clearly taking things very seriously, bringing his A++ game. Right he's untouchable. The Sluff effect? Works also with Dush. Dash. Also I'm happy to see that people are praising Richard and also being cooler about Frank. Dude's giving his all. And I really like Melissa's backing vocals with Duff.

• Like 1