07/19/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium

downzy

10 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Best concert I've ever been to!!

They even put me in the foxboro video on the GNR Facebook and Instagram , I'm the guy running that yells "guns n roses !!!" It's a thrill to be included even if it's only for a second lol

the show was amazing , I was on the rail in ga 1  in the pocket between the catwalk and the rest of the stage. Band and Axl both sounded awesome. Very high energy , slash jumped off the amps during nightrain . The AFD songs had so much power and high energy. It was crazy to see how much energy these guys had for there age, They gave it 100 percent . I have a bunch of great pics and vids but don't know how to post

Axl sounded great too , he's really gotten his shit together !

im the guy with the red bandana  standing next to ya tonite.was a great show.hope tomorrow nite is just is good.

Couldn't wake up at 3:30 to watch the show..:o I missed it..! Reading your posts I understand it was yet another kiss-ass show!! I guess I will be waiting for the videos on YouTube, especially to hear Axl's scream on WTTJ! 

Got in a few minutes ago.  What and event!  Easily the best concert I have ever been to.  All my friends (some diehard GnR fans and some more casual fans) all commented how it was the best concert they have also been to as well.  There was just so much energy and passion from the band from beginning to end.  

When you watch a YouTube video of a few songs, it is easy to nitpick a few notes here and there.  But when you experience a 2:45 hour show from beginning to rocking end, these minor nits mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.  They are so trivial it probably isn't even fair to bring them up, let alone dwell  on them or make them out to something of failure on the part of the band.  Yes, Slash messed up a couple times and Axl missed a cue once or twice.  But the fact that you can count these missteps on one hand for such a long performance just shows how much they are taking this seriously and how professional they are.  And when I look back on this show, I won't remember the couple miscues, but rather the onslaught of attitude, aggression, and passion from my favorite band.

If you were on the fence about seeing them, don't be.

Edited by vermillion
  • Like 3

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

You don't have any connection the CD songs at all?

Well I was at best buy at 10:00am the morning It was released(even dragged my daughter out of bed to go along thinking It would be a big event) and was very naive In thinking that there would be a line like there was when I picked up Use Your Illusion 1&2. I was completely wrong and also wrong In thinking that I would enjoy the album. For whatever reason I just do not care for the songs and It really has nothing to do with who was In the band. I would actually prefer that they eliminate all four Chinese songs and replace them with Pretty tied up, locomotive, breakdown and yesterdays. I guess we all have our preference and that Is what makes the forum what It Is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oaka said:

Couldn't wake up at 3:30 to watch the show..:o I missed it..! Reading your posts I understand it was yet another kiss-ass show!! I guess I will be waiting for the videos on YouTube, especially to hear Axl's scream on WTTJ! 

Yeah that scream was unforgettable and maybe the best of the tour. I know that It Is probably getting old hearing that considering that we are guilty of doing It for every show but It really was that good.

• Like 1

Just now, ironmt said:

Yeah that scream was unforgettable and maybe the best of the tour. I know that It Is probably getting old hearing that considering that we are guilty of doing It for every show but It really was that good.

I guess we will have difficulty deciding which was the best show after the tour ends! They are killing it every single night! ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maxpax said:

they should really stop playing CD songs...the changes by duff and slash are so little that its as annoying as NuGnR was playing OldGnR stuff....

first i was also interested in hearing duff and slash on it, but now its like: they are covering the band that blocked a gnr reunion for years...

The changes by Slash are enough to change the whole vibe of some of these tunes.

Just now, oaka said:

I guess we will have difficulty deciding which was the best show after the tour ends! They are killing it every single night! ?

They sure are, I think foxboro got the best Jungle scream followed by Pittsburgh with Cincinnati having the best over all show so far. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Not that I'm trying to plug an Instgram or anything, trust me I'm not haha, but I uploaded my Welcome to the Jungle clip on there if you guys wanna see. 

This one's better 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Well I was at best buy at 10:00am the morning It was released(even dragged my daughter out of bed to go along thinking It would be a big event) and was very naive In thinking that there would be a line like there was when I picked up Use Your Illusion 1&2. I was completely wrong and also wrong In thinking that I would enjoy the album. For whatever reason I just do not care for the songs and It really has nothing to do with who was In the band. I would actually prefer that they eliminate all four Chinese songs and replace them with Pretty tied up, locomotive, breakdown and yesterdays. I guess we all have our preference and that Is what makes the forum what It Is.

The funny thing is that was going to ask you what songs you think should be in their place and you provided that for me. Cheers. I would to hear those songs, too. Especially breakdown. I would love to a two slot song rotation for UYI songs that don't get played, but this is a stadium show and must appeal to a broader audience. I did the Best Buy thing, too and was disappointed as well. I hated the album when I first heard it. It's has grown on me.

• Like 1