07/19/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium

downzy

9 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Well it depends on each person and we cannot stop them from buying a beer or taking a piss, its their choice to go in whichever song they like, for some people its KOHD also.

I have seen some people being zombies during Sweet Child. I was like "OMG SLASH PLAYING THE SOLO" and this girl next to me was a complete zombie. 

That wasn't my point at all. Obviously I'm all for pissing and drinking beer, I just mean the joke of saying Chinese Democracy songs are a good time to go since they're shit.

Old. The joke is old.

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The funny thing is that was going to ask you what songs you think should be in their place and you provided that for me. Cheers. I would to hear those songs, too. Especially breakdown. I would love to a two slot song rotation for UYI songs that don't get played, but this is a stadium show and must appeal to a broader audience. I did the Best Buy thing, too and was disappointed as well. I hated the album when I first heard it. It's has grown on me.

Glad to hear that It has grown on you. I can't say I completely hate the album but If they stopped playing songs off of It I certainly wouldn't be disappointed. I think there are some decent parts on certain songs such as the end of Catcher In The rye(the live version from L'Arc In 2010 was mind blowing) and the end of Street of dreams. Shacklers Revenge believe It or not Is probably my favorite song on the album which probably Isn't that popular with most other people.

3 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Just to interject here, as much as I love Catcher in the Rye and There Was A Time...if I had to choose between those two and them playing Breakdown or Locomotive live...I'd pick Breakdown or Locomotive. 

Yeah, but if Locomotive and Breakdown had been played before, and Catcher and TWAT weren't, we'd probably be saying the opposite.

45 minutes ago, MayorFurbush said:

What I cannot deal with is the soulless watered down hybrid/new way they play KOHD these days.

Its soulless since 1993. while don't cry sounds very uyi like, kohd sounds absolutely ...as you said correctly...soulless.

Slash should bring back the UYI intros...the intros were the best i have ever heard by a musician. The Problem with GnR is that their live performances back in the day were top notch and perfect. And every change on these performances from their live era are damned to fail. You have the legendary Freddie Tribute KOHD Performance which made a lot viewers GnR fans and Axl decided to rearrange the song...for what reason? Play it with the same energy you play nightrain. The is no need to change these classics....

Edited by maxpax

4 hours ago, ironmt said:

They sure are, I think foxboro got the best Jungle scream followed by Pittsburgh with Cincinnati having the best over all show so far. Just my opinion.

I was just about to post "Vegas 2 disagrees with you", then I saw that @Gibbo already took care of it :lol:

4 hours ago, Gibbo said:

This one's better 

Just now, RussTCB said:

I was just about to post "Vegas 2 disagrees with you", then I saw that @Gibbo already took care of it :lol:

Yeah not that them others are bad! This one is just insane

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, maxpax said:

Its soulless since 1993. while don't cry sounds very uyi like, kohd sounds absolutely ...as you said correctly...soulless.

Slash should bring back the UYI intros...the intros were the best i have ever heard by a musician. The Problem with GnR is that their live performances back in the day were top notch and perfect. And every change on these performances from their live era are damned to fail. You have the legendary Freddie Tribute KOHD Performance which made a lot viewers GnR fans and Axl decided to rearrange the song...for what reason? Play it with the same energy you play nightrain. The is no need to change these classics....

Indeed...

i prefer them to give us some reggae..

Edited by comedera

3 hours ago, MayorFurbush said:

I realize I'm in the minority, but I can deal with CD material.  I kinda even dig The Seeker.

What I cannot deal with is the soulless watered down hybrid/new way they play KOHD these days.

Like I said I my Toronto review, I am not a fan of The Seeker, but I LOVED watching Axl sing it, looks like he is having so much fun. For me a large part of a concert is watching the performance and not even necessarily the actual song picks (if that makes any sense, not really sure how to convey that idea).

Edited by Drakestar

1 hour ago, hellobeatle said:

I'm going tonight.  How was parking and getting back on the 95?  Any suggestions?

We arrived at 8 pm last night and we're still able to park at the stadium. Just like any event at Gillette, getting out sucks, took about 90 minutes until it cleared to 95. But the show kicked ass and was worth it. Will be there again tonight.

Edited by cspalding22

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

What time did this show start? 8.30

Yeah. Give or take a few minutes.

2 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Never thought I'd say it but Sorry and TIL were the show highlights. My ears are ringing. Man was it loud!

Sorry was perfect. I think I may have been the only one in the stadium singing along to every word of it. And Slash nailed them shits. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Incredible Show. It doesnt get any better than this. GNR are the greatest there is right now, no doubt.

axl is incredible, theres notbing to complain about his vocals. Just brilliant

Much better then the first couple of Vegas shows?