georgiadome.jpg

georgia-dome-full-web.jpg

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Atlanta, GA

Georgia Dome

Capacity: 71,228

Opener:

Forum Members Attending:

Forsaken, J Dog, tajandreas, Mansin Humanity, frenchie87, sweetchild88, Satapher_Groddius, tforero

Setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Raw Power
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Slash Solo (The Godfather)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Wish You Were Here / Layla
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

Videos:

• Like 3

• downzy changed the title to 07/27/16 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome

what's with the limited view seating? this wasn't anywhere when we bought them on the TM site, but now it says limited view on the actual tix? WTF?  not sure how this is possible as we are sec 110.  i really hope it isn't because of the stupid vip risers.  anyone have insight? 

Edited by eask

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be catching this one, as well as Nashville. I saw a Metallica concert at the GA Dome back in 2000 and the stadium acoustics were trash. Hopefully the sound quality has improved in the last 16 years. I will be interested to hear if anyone has seen a show there lately and can comment. Have fun and be safe to all attending!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2016 at 4:07 PM, eask said:

what's with the limited view seating? this wasn't anywhere when we bought them on the TM site, but now it says limited view on the actual tix? WTF?  not sure how this is possible as we are sec 110.  i really hope it isn't because of the stupid vip risers.  anyone have insight? 

If it did not say on the site and does on the tix go to the show and if it is obstructed request a refund based on false advertising of tickets on the site.  Be nice and they will generally help you out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Atlantans! Two Australians with no fucking clue here wondering where we should stay whilst in Atlanta. Can anyone recommend hotels where we can walk to pubs and have fun during the week? I've tried looking online but honestly we have no idea where we should be staying. I'm assuming Atlanta likes to party...

• 2 weeks later...
On June 17, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Crash Dieter said:

Atlantans! Two Australians with no fucking clue here wondering where we should stay whilst in Atlanta. Can anyone recommend hotels where we can walk to pubs and have fun during the week? I've tried looking online but honestly we have no idea where we should be staying. I'm assuming Atlanta likes to party...

Stay where Axl stays - Loews Midtown (stayed there to audition for ACDC), it kind of places you close to everything and not far from the MARTA rail station to get you to/from the concert.  Don't stay downtown. It's boring and a homeless persons paradise.  

2 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Stay where Axl stays - Loews Midtown (stayed there to audition for ACDC), it kind of places you close to everything and not far from the MARTA rail station to get you to/from the concert.  Don't stay downtown. It's boring and a homeless persons paradise.  

What he said. Downtown isn't the best place to wander around at night as a newcomer. Midtown has a nice artsy vibe going with a ton of great places to drink. 

Edited by tajandreas

I will be there in the Pit. After the DC show, I'm super stoked for this show. By that time in July, the band would have rehearsed hundreds of times to kick off an amazing fucking performance during the middle of this tour. I've never been to ATL, so I want to cross this place off my bucket list. From what I've read on various forums, Midtown is the place to stay. Where are the best yuppie bars to hang out at in Midtown that night? I'm also down for visiting Buckhead.

On 29/06/2016 at 2:32 PM, tajandreas said:

What he said. Downtown isn't the best place to wander around at night as a newcomer. Midtown has a nice artsy vibe going with a ton of great places to drink. 

Thanks guys! Lucky - I originally thought Downtown would be the place to party. We just booked a cool hotel in Midtown, after reading the reviews it seems like it's smack bang in the middle of bars and restaurants etc.

Now the two Aussie tourists have to complete our cliche checklist for Georgia whilst we're there; eat pecan pie and a LOT of southern BBQ. Plus drink whatever it is you drink there  - I'm hoping it's moonshine! Can't wait!