07/27/16 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome

downzy

On 6/30/2016 at 2:04 AM, Crash Dieter said:

Thanks guys! Lucky - I originally thought Downtown would be the place to party. We just booked a cool hotel in Midtown, after reading the reviews it seems like it's smack bang in the middle of bars and restaurants etc.

Now the two Aussie tourists have to complete our cliche checklist for Georgia whilst we're there; eat pecan pie and a LOT of southern BBQ. Plus drink whatever it is you drink there  - I'm hoping it's moonshine! Can't wait!

BBQ:  1) Bonelick BBQ (Get the ribs and big ole totties)    2) Fox Brothers  3) lots of #3's but Fat Matt's is popular.  

Downtown Atlanta is shitty but if you're looking for a hilarious all black comedy club... go to the Uptown Comedy Corner on Marietta St.  They'll treat you good in there and whatever comedian is onstage doing his routine will call you out and you'll become part of the show.  I love it there.  

Edited by Eddie Money

On 7/4/2016 at 2:50 PM, Mansin Humanity said:

There are a ton of craft breweries around Atlanta that are a great way to kill some time and get a solid buzz on. I'm not sure which ones are open on Wednesdays, but Monday Night, Red Brick, Sweetwater, Orpheus, and Eventide are all worth checking on.

Was informed on another site that a rock station in Atlanta is having a pre-party at Stats sports bar on the rooftop starting at 3:00.  For those not familiar Stats is located on a side street behind the dome.  Supposed to have drink specials and contests.  Great place to get a buzz on.  Also great place for after party wind down since a Guns concert is not one you will likely want to go back to the hotel and lie down after.

Edited by sc_gunner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sc_gunner said:

Was informed on another site that a rock station in Atlanta is having a pre-party at Stats sports bar on the rooftop starting at 3:00.  For those not familiar Stats is located on a side street behind the dome.  Supposed to have drink specials and contests.  Great place to get a buzz on.  Also great place for after party wind down since a Guns concert is not one you will likely want to go back to the hotel and lie down after.

Yea they were just talking about it on Bailey & Southside. Gonna be a legendary day for sure!

2 hours ago, sc_gunner said:

Oh word, that's definitely a good place for that. Don't know how much pregaming time I'll have with work, but thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

• 2 weeks later...
On July 11, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Satapher_Groddius said:

Does anyone can explain to me what's the meaning of the "Clear Bag Policy"?

It just means that anything that you carry into the stadium must be in a clear bag. Zip locks do the trick. It's just for them to see what's in your bag. No purses larger than a wallet so don't get in line with anything other than that. 

I'll be flying in from DC Wednesday afternoon. Was thinking of locking down accommodations in Midtown. I'll probably stop by Stats at some point before the show. Can also purchase a cooler, ice and 24 Budweisers we can carry around in the parking lots of the Georgia Dome while meeting other GNR fans. Would also be down to bar hop Thursday afternoon the day after the show before my flight back to DC. PM me.

15 hours ago, IDonTNeedYourCivilWar said:

I'll be flying in from DC Wednesday afternoon. Was thinking of locking down accommodations in Midtown. I'll probably stop by Stats at some point before the show. Can also purchase a cooler, ice and 24 Budweisers we can carry around in the parking lots of the Georgia Dome while meeting other GNR fans. Would also be down to bar hop Thursday afternoon the day after the show before my flight back to DC. PM me.

Awesome man, I'll be doing the same thing! What GnR shirt will you be wearing so I could look for you?