07/27/16 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome

downzy

What a phenomenal show!

I attended the FedExField show in Maryland in June. That was a great show. But I think this Atlanta show at the Georgia Dome was better than that show. I was happy once again when they played Patience. I must be lucky with that one when they played Patience at both shows.

At this show, I took a step back and didn't take many pictures. I flew to Atlanta from DC, and I wanted to enjoy the experience as much as I could. This was my first time in Atlanta. Being from the South, I always wondered what it was like to hang out in ATL. This was my chance.

I stayed in Midtown at Hotel Indigo. I waited until the last night before the show to see what Priceline deals I could get. I have always been successful bidding on hotels for like 60 percent of the hotel price. Not this time. I ended up paying maybe 80 percent retail compared to getting great deals for hotels in great spots of Manhattan. I was happy in the end though that I got a hotel spot in Midtown. Ended up paying about 150ish with taxes.

I attended the Budweiser Guns N Roses Pre-Party with ROCK 100.5 at Stats near the Georgia Dome. I met lots of fans. Was a good pre-party.

I then ventured into the Georgia Dome and went balls to the wall. I was in the pit side near Duff and Richard Fortus.

I think I caught Axl giving full rasp at the ends of Rocket Queen, Patience and Estranged. I heard them fuck up two songs, but I can't remember which songs they were because I was too fucked up. But they definitely came back and made up for it. I sure as shit ain't going to fault them for it, because the entire show was amazing... better than the DC show after hearing the raspy endings to key songs.

I nearly caught one of the drumsticks thrown out by Richard, but what I really missed was the mic Axl threw near me. I caught a pic of him about to throw it and I started seeing double when it was in the air. I definitely had a good time at this concert. Hope to see the next one real soon.

5uh776jy.jpg

20160728_000837.jpg

b75ghyertyuh56.jpg

e5vug7h676rj.jpg

g4y66yu.jpg

gu4huy7e56.jpg

hyguh5u.jpg

u6gh64uj67ij.jpg

uh75un76h.jpg

• Like 4

On 28 July 2016 at 11:55 AM, WhazUp said:

Honestly I see posts like this and I must ask, do you know how big scale concerts work?  So GNR should sacrifice the setlist that works great with both casual fans and hardcore fans just to cater to your love of obscure deep cuts?  Like it or not people pay to hear the hits and us hardcore fans are a very small number.  Just be glad we have Coma and Estranged in the setlist and enjoy the music man

I can see how casual fans, like you, don't understand why hardcore fans, like me, would like to see deepcuts.

But hey, maybe you should finally go buy the Illussions after 25 years and you'd figure out why Dead Horse, Right Next Door, Perfect crime were standard staples of larger chunks of Illussion tour, were you even around that time!?

Calling those 'deep cuts', alomg with epics like Locomotive and Breakdown is almost an insult, despite fact they are not played.

Finally, what is wrong with asking for treats!? What is wrong with being HC fan? What is wrong with wanting the band to be unpredictable rather thsn google out setlist.fm and know whichbsong would be played at your gig!?

I see you don't understand how big scale concerts, but can't figure why you impose the others that fon't dhare your oppinion don't? 

Maybe you should explain why if Bon Jovi or U2 can do it, as did GNR during UYI's, GNR 2016 can't. Are you trying to say Frank, Fartus and Mellissa can't learn the songs? Well that has nothing to do with 'big scale'.

Nothing wrong with stating your oppinion, but don't tell others what they shall be happy with silly arguments you can't justify.

On 8/6/2016 at 1:18 AM, shotsfired cro said:

I can see how casual fans, like you, don't understand why hardcore fans, like me, would like to see deepcuts.

But hey, maybe you should finally go buy the Illussions after 25 years and you'd figure out why Dead Horse, Right Next Door, Perfect crime were standard staples of larger chunks of Illussion tour, were you even around that time!?

Calling those 'deep cuts', alomg with epics like Locomotive and Breakdown is almost an insult, despite fact they are not played.

Finally, what is wrong with asking for treats!? What is wrong with being HC fan? What is wrong with wanting the band to be unpredictable rather thsn google out setlist.fm and know whichbsong would be played at your gig!?

I see you don't understand how big scale concerts, but can't figure why you impose the others that fon't dhare your oppinion don't? 

Maybe you should explain why if Bon Jovi or U2 can do it, as did GNR during UYI's, GNR 2016 can't. Are you trying to say Frank, Fartus and Mellissa can't learn the songs? Well that has nothing to do with 'big scale'.

Nothing wrong with stating your oppinion, but don't tell others what they shall be happy with silly arguments you can't justify.

"Casual fans", I have been here for a while man.  And wow so many fallacies I do not know where to begin ;)