07/23/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

downzy

1 hour ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

I don't think it's that's dramatic.  People are just expressing their thoughts.    The show last night was good, but not perfect.  Just like life, there's always room for improvement.  Don't people normally want more?  A promotion, a raise, a bigger house, a nicer car, etc.  Agree with an opinion, don't agree with an opinion, but honestly, what the difference between a person bitching about the band and another person bitching about the poster.  

Yes they do. Why Is that? What makes them feel that they are entitled to more then they earned?

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Where are the GIFs of Axl backstage coming from? I've seen a couple now, what have I missed? :lol:

They had a live video on FB right before the show. It was a couple minutes long and very very interesting, I thought. Go to their FB page or Twitter- it was still in both places as of a few hours ago...

• Like 1

I've been reading this board for years, and there's always this speculation that because they're in so-and-so market, they're going to pull out some big special surprise(s). And it never happens. Please stop getting your hopes up.

This show was great, and the performances were incredible. Frank learned to keep time! And Axl sounded so much better than he did in the spring. I do admit, as an unabashed hater, I am jealous of the crowds that got more songs (I would have liked My Michelle and a 4th CD song), and I prefer Don't Cry to Patience, but jeez, they played for 160 minutes. This band delivers so much more than they have to. Don't be spoiled, Periscopers.

58 minutes ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

I saw a guy being arrested  last night outside the venue because he was selling water.  

I almost bought water from that dude, but opted against it. Good to know I wasn't an accomplice to a criminal.

1 hour ago, Chewy2 said:

I thought it was a really good show.  This is the first time I had seen since 2003 and before that the last time I saw them was 1991.  My wife & I made the 2.5 drive & it was worth it.  First we were pleasantly surprised by how good Lenny Kravitz was.  I do agree with another poster who said his Jam went on a little too long but overall he put on a great performance.   

We couldn't believe how good GNR sounded, my wife & I kept looking at each other in amazement.  The excitement in Metlife was also nice to see, it looked to me like everyone was standing, even the very upper deck.  When I saw them last back in 2003 in Albany I remember being surprised to see 70% of the people in the venue sitting for the whole concert. 

The only thing that kind of stuck out to me (this is not a complaint) was how the set list almost seemed rushed.  I don't really know how to explain it though.  It wasn't that they played the songs too fast or anything, maybe it was just because of the lack of any banter between songs or even slight pauses between songs.  I'm sure it's just me & again I don't want it to seem like  a complaint because honestly we LOVED the show.  It was worth every penny we paid which includes the driving & hotel expenses.  Getting out of the Metlife parking lot after the show however was a nightmare.

Yeah some of us discussed that in chat....and when he finally spoke, I was like...about time lol! :) Glad you enjoyed the show...can't wait till I see them 8/9!

watching last night's show on periscope made me realize i am in danger of burning out on this tour. i need a break, i've watched every one thus far but if i don't step back for one or maybe several shows i am going to be very blase about the concert in SF. and to be honest the only reason i'm watching every one is because i keep hoping for a great surprise and last night was a huge letdown. don't get me wrong, they performed great per usual, it's just i think i need a break. it's not you GN'R it's me :shrugs:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

9 minutes ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

It's human nature to what more from life in general, even from something as silly as your favorite 80's band.  Having Axl, Slash and Duff on stage again is cool.  Personally, having Axl Slash Duff Izzy and Steven on stage would be cooler.  Having Axl acknowledge Slash's birthday was nice to see.  Axl jumping out of a cake and leading 60 thousand people in a Happy Birthday song would have been incredible to see.  Maybe Slash wouldn't want something like that.  Or maybe he would have absolutely loved it.  Neither one of these things not happening didn't ruin my experience, but either one would have made that experience better.   I just think that calling out anyone for being critical or judgmental is so ironic and hypocritical.  It comes off like " I can have an opinion about you, but you can't have an opinion about this band".  It's just so lame. 

It's not about just having an opinion, though. I can completely understand the complaining if the show was awful, Axl didn't show up, etc. When people nitpick at certain things like not singing Happy Birthday or the setlist, it is completely annoying and ridiculous!  Axl acknowledged it on stage. They had a birthday cake for Slash after the show.  On the other message board for GNR, I used to disagree with the "entitled" word before  Slash and Duff came back. I think that can apply now to here. You have someone like bills fan who won't go to any show, yet, sits at home watching Periscope and complain about the set list. 

With everything that is going on in the world today, how about enjoying things while you can. Life is too short. Enjoy the moment while you can since you never know when that curve ball will come. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

There's nothing wrong at all with being critical or judgemental and having different opinions. Personally, the only thing that irks me is when people are clearly bitching and moaning in a boring, repetitive, negative way.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone on here I don't like, you're good eggs. Except maybe that hillbilly that asked me if I tuck my genitals between my legs, now that was creepy :lol:

Your posts always give me a chuckle. And bonus points for the use of this guy! 980x.jpg

Edited by pinkforgirls

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

watching last night's show on periscope made me realize i am in danger of burning out on this tour. i need a break, i've watched every one thus far but if i don't step back for one or maybe several shows i am going to be very blase about the concert in SF. and to be honest the only reason i'm watching every one is because i keep hoping for a great surprise and last night was a huge letdown. don't get me wrong, they performed great per usual, it's just i think i need a break. it's not you GN'R it's me :shrugs:

Been thinking this myself, need to take a step back for a bit so when I watch GNR I don't know the setlist off by heart and can actually enjoy the show. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Where are the GIFs of Axl backstage coming from? I've seen a couple now, what have I missed? :lol:

A lot for sure..!

They have been posted in the official page of GN'R in FB. Probably backstage footage for upcoming DVD..(?)

Edited by nikosgnr

10 hours ago, ericy210 said:

Do 99% of them seem upset or satisfied?

a year ago, who would have predicted Axl, Slash, and Duff would be onstage as GNR performing Coma and people would be complaining about a lack of cake?

reality check, people!

A cake? If you're gonna quote me, then don't come up with nonsense I never said.

All I was saying is I don't understand why they played a few LESS SONGS than they did in the previous shows (especially in a sold out show with a pretty responsive crowd) and it was just a simple comment, two fn' lines, no big deal.

Also, the whole "Slash, Axl and Duff are together" response is becoming extremely stupid. Of course it's awesome that it's happening, it means the world to me but if any "not so positive" comment is gonna be answered with that genius sentence, then let's close the forum.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

On 7/24/2016 at 4:46 PM, Patience 4 Axl said:

I just think that calling out anyone for being critical or judgmental is so ironic and hypocritical.  It comes off like " I can have an opinion about you, but you can't have an opinion about this band".  It's just so lame. 

Spot on.

Good to see you posting, P4A!  :heart:

• 2 weeks later...