08/03/16 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium

downzy

1 hour ago, fallglimmer said:

What I'm trying to dispel is this fan narrative that they were bffs, had a falling out, and now they are back again and NEED to be friends. They have both said they weren't really great friends back in the old days.

I recall an interview with Axl back in 93 94? Where he stated that GNR will always be Axl/Slash and GNR wouldn't exist without him. It's fuzzy but I remember it being very heartfelt, could of been 95. Anyone recall??  

Plus that video of them in Detroit during rehearsals sitting in the stands side by side laughing was positive 

• Like 1

I can't write anything that hasn't been said . This was my 12 or 13 time seeing Guns since 2006. And was defiantly one of the best . I can't decide  if I personally liked the Hammerstein show or last night's show better. Hammerstein was my first time , Axl was on a different level in his voice in 2006. And I really liked the 2006 lineup. Last night though Axl did prove to me that he is like a fine wine. His voice was great! The band played awesome ! My highlight of the night was better. What Slash added to that song is amazing ! Hands down Melissa is the best in background vocals , ever! She is fun to watch . I can always see her jumping around . Great addition to the band .  Slash has always been one of my favorite guitar players because of the stuff he invented for Guns. I , however never considered him on a buckethead level of playing . Not that I like bucket better . But last night Slash took it to another level. Seeing what he can do live was incredible. The man is a fn beast!  My friends that joined  me both said  it was the greatest concert ever ! I would love to know the amount of people that attended . I say 60 plus. 5 star concert for me .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I think all of the talk about Axl and Slash not being on good terms and not being friends Is nonsense. There are plenty of pictures and video footage that proves otherwise.

Yup exactly, all we have are pictures and videos to go on and all of the pictures and videos I saw from the old days and from 2016 show a great relationship

• Like 1

Last night was pretty indescribable. I never in my life thought I would see GNR live. I went with my husband and our two best friends. We were in section 128. The sound wasn't great, there were times I couldn't hear Axl well, but it didn't last long. I was BLOWN AWAY by Axl's vocals. I always knew he was the greatest frontman but seeing them live takes my admiration to a whole new level. Slash was amazing. I am still completely overwhelmed by last night. It was like a spiritual experience. My section was pretty into the music but my husband said he looked around and no one seemed quite as enthused as me, haha! But he also said no one was looking at me funny so it's all good haha. 

I hope they come back to the Dallas area soon. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

it looks more to me like they called an audible and Axl went over and told Frank and Melissa they were switching it up to Michelle, he said it in the Mic, and then front of house told everyone in their in-ears? its a possibility right? 

Not true at all. Frank was walking all over the backstage and by the pits. I have photos to prove it.

Surprised the band went all out last night. Is this the longest show of the tour so far? 

Axl was having fun last night. I think it was during KOHD he pointed out some dude on Slashes side pit that was wearing a neon green shirt and said "thats a bright ass fucking shirt dude" then started laughing about it. He was also joking with the crowd about what to call them: Arlington? Dallas? Fort Worth? and having a laugh. He also did a lot of running which is always good! At the beginning of PC, Axl tells the crowd, "Its my fault. I tuned that one! Its special." At the very beginning of Rocket Queen when Frank and Duff are doing that little groove jam, Slash took off his guitar he was using for LALD and started doing this weird little dance hoping up and down to go and get his new guitar. Its so awesome to see them so happy. I seriously hope we get a tell all interview once this all dies down about what happened and how it happened. 

After seeing this show 3 times in 3 different cities, i've come to realize that a vast majority of the crowd can only stand up until This I Love. Once TIL hits, its a snooze fest until Axl holds that note towards the end and the crowd becomes interested again.. I enjoyed every bit of it though, and would gladly go see them again if i could. 

Im so happy i got to experience Sorry too! With vocals this time :lol: It really caught me by surprise when Fortus was playing the intro on guitar. I thought he was just giving us tease and then jumping into Don't Cry. I think that may have been an audible as well because it seemed like there was a little confusion on the stage before the band went into it. Everyone was out on stage, but nothing was happening. 

Can we take a minute to talk about Melissa? I know she has been a hot topic for GNR fans lately. But god damn, her backing vocals are freaking insane. Especially on Sorry. She fucking kills it each night. Also she was wearing some sort of outfit last night that you could see right through... Call me a pervert, but :drool::drool:

All in all i loved this tour and i cant wait to see what happens next

Why do you think many hate the CD songs? I know it is not their best album, but still there are some great songs on it. But i guess it comes down to what "most" songs people grew up with. Still sad, because it is quite a good album

• Like 2

18 hours ago, moreblack said:

I don't think everyone feels it's a great song.

No i am sure there a many that don't like, but then again i know quite a few who likes it. I think it is an quite good song, but not so good as the older GNR songs.

12 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Please no about Axl and Slash not getting along. Not buying it. Haven't seen any vids yet. Anyone hot any insight. Are they still vibeing? 

Oh no not the end of an era soon :-( God dammit!

2 hours ago, JimMorrison4 said:

It's pretty awesome that, in 2016, the general consensus for a Guns n Roses show is, "best concert ever."

I've heard that from just about everyone I've spoken to that has seen them live this year.....especially the casual fans who have never seen them before.  Awesome to see!

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I've heard that from just about everyone I've spoken to that has seen them live this year.....especially the casual fans which have never seen them before.  Awesome to see!

The sound systems haven't been the best but Axl overpowers that obstacle at times with his vocals, and when he goes weaker on the vocals it tends to blend with the music so people only hear Axl at his best, but Slash's guitar picks up Axl where he faulters so that combination has led to brilliance imo. 

The energy is undeniable, it's exciting and it definitely feels like you are getting more than your money's worth with each show. 

The intro gives me goosebumps and to see those guys take the stage together is unforgettable. It's a tour well done!

• Like 1