08/05/16 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

downzy

Not only the best YCBM from the tour IMO but look how INTO Axl is, doing all the moves! He was feelin it in Houston

and that's fine, in this day and age of us watching every show, we're getting to see nights that aren't quite as good,

but he's human and it's the same for every perform ! U can't be that intense and into it every night...Just a fact aint it!
Awesome when he is! Keeps it interesting and reminds us, he can go up a level yet...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr. address said:

I would've gladly traded most of the covers (LALD & KOHD not withstanding) with any other GN'R song.  The "Wish You Were Here" & "Layla" bits were the weirdest to me . . . I guess I don't get why a classic rock band needs to play classic rock covers when most of their own songs are pretty, um . . . classic.  Why not do "Mama Kin" or "Nice Boys"? 

I could be misunderstanding your wording but "Mama Kin" and "Nice Boys" are both covers also. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I could be misunderstanding your wording but "Mama Kin" and "Nice Boys" are both covers also. 

...but on an album they did at least, I think the point was...
Unlike Seeker and Layla, etc...
I love a good cover and GNR have done some of the best rock covers ever! 
Their version of Live and Let Die is definitely the best!

Edited by colonizedmind

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

...but on an album they did at least, I think the point was...
Unlike Seeker and Layla, etc...
I love a good cover and GNR have done some of the best rock covers ever! 
Their version of Live and Let Die is definitely the best!

Precisely.  "Mama Kin" & "Nice Boys" are part of the classic GN'R canon, and were both relatively obscure choices when GN'R recorded them.  "Wish You Were Here" & "Layla" are two of the most over-played songs on classic rock radio.  I don't own either album they appear on, yet I know most of the words to both.  Ultimately I think that section of the show is designed to give Axl a breather before the final stretch, so it's not like there would be any big screamers there anyway . . . and luckily for me I'm a huge Richard Fortus fan, so of course I was loving the Pink Floyd cover because he was fucking wailing like a champ! 

Wow, not sure why I clicked on that Paradise City but it was fucking awesome!!!! Best Axl has sounded on that this whole tour. I stopped watching them because it is usually one of his weaker songs. And Slash was in a zone from hell at the end. Could have watched him go awhile longer. 

I know someone who went to this show and him and his wife and left the show and went home during Better.. WTF?? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Wow, not sure why I clicked on that Paradise City but it was fucking awesome!!!! Best Axl has sounded on that this whole tour. I stopped watching them because it is usually one of his weaker songs. And Slash was in a zone from hell at the end. Could have watched him go awhile longer. 

I know someone who went to this show and him and his wife and left the show and went home during Better.. WTF?? 

Yeah I stopped watching for that same reason haha

It was thanks to this comment that I gave it another try - I have to thank you. He sounds pretty good indeed :headbang:

• Like 2

On 6 August 2016 at 6:18 AM, moreblack said:

It's a real shame the world is stuck with studio versions of the CD songs with other dudes doing guitar on them, because they were clearly made for Slash.

Absolutely - I like Bucket and Robin and Richard but Slash should've been on the songs Axl wrote.

By the way my brother, a casual fan, was at this show and said it was fantastic.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

This show sounds fucking amazing!

Wish I was there.

Yeah they do..

If I could go back in time I would have done this tour different. I would have skipped Vegas, caught my hometown show and traveled to a couple others instead of Vegas.

5 hours ago, Jeff42 said:

Not sure if its been discussed but there was some overlap to the two shows in Coma.  In Dallas, Slash and Axl turned into each other out on the ramp stage left.  It was talked about at length on the Dallas thread as evidence of "tension" between the two.  Well in Houston, at the exact same moment in the song, Slash was stage left and Axl came out there.  They were both looking for each other as Slash turned around.  Slash was laughing as they made sure not to run into each other.  Was a great moment and shows they were both remembered it and could laugh it off.  Not sure how many people noticed.

Didn't notice. What part of Coma are you talking about?

Edited by MisterNo

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah they do..

If I could go back in time I would have done this tour different. I would have skipped Vegas, caught my hometown show and traveled to a couple others instead of Vegas.

Well hopefully a new album will be released in the future with another North America tour to follow. However with Axl finishing with AC/DC, the South America tour and Europe, I wouldn't expect them to tour the states again until 2018. Man, I'm dying to see them again!