08/05/16 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

downzy

13 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Best Nightrain I've heard in years. HOLY FUCK. YCBM was also amazing too.

In have to agree with Nightrain, best in years! Almost reminds me of 2006 Rock Am. He went crazy with that longer Nightrain!

47 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Jesus Christ.. Don't say that!!

I would tend to agree, 2018 at this point seems fairly reasonable to expect....unless they do something with a full reunion revolving around the appetite 5 for the 30th anniversary.   I'd expect once they get through this run and Europe at the end of summer next year a break would be in order.....maybe (hopefully) a new record from there and then a tour if nothing for Appetite.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah they do..

If I could go back in time I would have done this tour different. I would have skipped Vegas, caught my hometown show and traveled to a couple others instead of Vegas.

Vegas wasn't the best show (at the time it was the best they did in a while imo but these NITL shows are amazing) but I wouldn't trade that atmosphere and moment for anything. Plus it was fun not knowing what they'd play. 

• Like 2

Man, all this talk about 'fat axl' and stuff, I gotta say I think Slash actually overtook him as the biggest dude in the band at this point. 

Not to bad mouth Slash or anything! I just feel bad for Axl as a classic case of giving a dog a bad name, and he is long overdue some public recognition

Edited by cremefraiche
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Jesus Christ.. Don't say that!!

Like tsinindy said, they will probably want to take a rest after the NITL tour. I would think at least 6 months. Perhaps they would go into the studio during that period. We will just have to wait and see  I would love to  see them swing through Texas again sometime next year as much as the next fan but I wouldn't really count on it.

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I know someone who went to this show and him and his wife and left the show and went home during Better.. WTF?? 

Really?! For that amount of money I paid, I'd stay and watch Justin Bieber right until the end........

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nn18 said:

Really?! For that amount of money I paid, I'd stay and watch Justin Bieber right until the end........

Yup, another friend and his wife left after about an hour and a half into the first Foxboro show.  They scored cheap tix.  I know he gets up at like 4am for work and it takes an hour to get home from there. He said when they started playing all the CD stuff it was a good time to leave. He actually just told me that the other day when we caught up for a beer.  The biggest thing factor was his work though.  Making it an 1 1/2 was actually good for him.  I remember we went to see Crue with him one time and he was actually standing up leaning back on his chair asleep at one point. He still he said what he did see was fucking awesome. He only paid $70 bucks and still saw Guns N' Fucking Roses for 1 1/2 hours.

Same for the guy in Houston. He said what he saw was killer but had to go because of the babysitter and hour drive. I know his evil wife though. She was probably bitching the whole time to go and not letting him drink. She is one of the most miserable people ever.

11 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I would tend to agree, 2018 at this point seems fairly reasonable to expect....unless they do something with a full reunion revolving around the appetite 5 for the 30th anniversary.   I'd expect once they get through this run and Europe at the end of summer next year a break would be in order.....maybe (hopefully) a new record from there and then a tour if nothing for Appetite.  

Fall 2017 could be another US tour or if a Middle East/Asia tour happens in Fall which the chances are more, then another US tour should be in 2018. 

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yup, another friend and his wife left after about an hour and a half into the first Foxboro show.  They scored cheap tix.  I know he gets up at like 4am for work and it takes an hour to get home from there. He said when they started playing all the CD stuff it was a good time to leave. He actually just told me that the other day when we caught up for a beer.  The biggest thing factor was his work though.  Making it an 1 1/2 was actually good for him.  I remember we went to see Crue with him one time and he was actually standing up leaning back on his chair asleep at one point. He still he said what he did see was fucking awesome. He only paid $70 bucks and still saw Guns N' Fucking Roses for 1 1/2 hours.

Same for the guy in Houston. He said what he saw was killer but had to go because of the babysitter and hour drive. I know his evil wife though. She was probably bitching the whole time to go and not letting him drink. She is one of the most miserable people ever.

Well, that's kind of excusable. I thought they didn't like it or something....But still, I'd say screw everything, wife and work and stay till the very end. You don't see Guns N' Roses every day, and you definitely don't see awesome sounding, Axl/Slash reunited Guns N' Roses every day, but once in a lifetime. 

• Like 1

First post here, usually lurk the forums.

I never read the live threads because theyre usually filled with hyperbole and people caught in the moment, which is normal. But I came to see what everyone was saying about the Piano Fiasco and EVERYONE was going on about how great Axl sounded, so I had to take a peek at the vids and WOW...did he get a visit from his voice coach recently!

I was at the T Mobile show April 8, friday night, and it was amazing! (Of course imo, it was one of his best nights). But this was something else in Houston...(on a side note, 2016 erased all memory of NUGNR at the Joint at the Hard Rock)

Some things Ive noticed (and maybe Axl's been doing this for awhile): Sitting during songs and even less running around to help save his voice. I thought him sitting during vegas helped him tremendously. How long can this train keep going? I want a live dvd and even an EP would satisfy me. I hope the rumors of tension isnt true.

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@Tom-Ass Why did your mate take his Missus? Should have left her at home

He lives in Texas or I would have went with him. She is a controlling vindictive bitch that has basically cut off his balls and turned him into a giant pussy. She probably wouldn't have let him go without her and then she just sabotaged the night. She has cut him off from most of his friends and family.. Even his own daughter that he had before her. His family is like family to me. His brother and I am best friends and I really don't talk to him much due to all this. I lived with his family in high school and we were all huge Gn'R fans so I reached out to him and was texting back and forth with him about the show leading up to it.  

Anyway, this way off subject but I know how excited he was for the show. He was particularly bummed he missed Out Ta' Get Me and Nightrain..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2016 at 9:52 AM, Jeff42 said:

Not sure if its been discussed but there was some overlap to the two shows in Coma.  In Dallas, Slash and Axl turned into each other out on the ramp stage left.  It was talked about at length on the Dallas thread as evidence of "tension" between the two.  Well in Houston, at the exact same moment in the song, Slash was stage left and Axl came out there.  They were both looking for each other as Slash turned around.  Slash was laughing as they made sure not to run into each other.  Was a great moment and shows they were both remembered it and could laugh it off.  Not sure how many people noticed.

Im surprised the Dallas was used as evidence of tension. Just caught a front row video of Dallas "Coma" on youtube and the bump was very clear and you could see they were both smiling when it happened. Maybe at the time of discussion that video wasnt available. But for Axl to go back over there the next night at the same moment just shows what kind of person he is. A very thoughtful person. Doesnt seem like tension to me. 

5 hours ago, melonhead87 said:

Im surprised the Dallas was used as evidence of tension. Just caught a front row video of Dallas "Coma" on youtube and the bump was very clear and you could see they were both smiling when it happened. Maybe at the time of discussion that video wasnt available. But for Axl to go back over there the next night at the same moment just shows what kind of person he is. A very thoughtful person. Doesnt seem like tension to me. 

You are correct, there Is most likely no tension at all as evidenced by the many videos posted here and on youtube. The videos clearly show them Interacting with each other In a positive manner. Yet you have a select few on the board with nothing better to do then dream up some wild theory and run with It In hopes that someone else might also go along with there nonsense. These people have nothing better to do and most likely enjoy having some type of drama In there life on a daily basis.

• Like 1