08/15/16 - Glendale, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium

downzy

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Were Michael Jackson's setlists as static as GN'R's - honest question (admittedly he would have a new album out and be playing lots of that)?

Fairly rigid setlists, but he would often add new additions to his sets mid-way through a tour. On the Bad tour he used to rotate Things I Do For You and Another Part Of Me from night to night and replaced a lot of The Jacksons-era songs with songs from the then-new album as the tour progressed and more singles were released from the album. He added Dangerous to the Dangerous tour setlists a year in to the tour, with full choreography and the works. On the HIStory tour he swapped the Off The Wall medley for Come Together and D.S. and then switched that with Blood On The Dancefloor when that came out, so he wasn't adverse to switching things up.

But it's apples and oranges. GNR are a hard rock band, it's not like they have to work out new choreography or anything. And whilst they don't exactly have the largest of catalogues to choose from, it wouldn't exactly take a huge amount of effort to switch Estranged with Breakdown or Coma with Locomotive every once in a while.

Edited by Towelie

Slash is playing out of his mind - he brings  the heat every night - My god he is on fire - Night train was fucking amazing - Godfather Killed -Coma is crushing - every song is his baby and he rocks it!  SLASH-SLASH-SLASH-SLASH-#Guitarslayer

• 2 weeks later...