Ticket Demand?

I am going to be very curious as to how heavy the ticket sales are on all of the Pre-sales in general? I don't even know outside of an insider how we could ever know that info but it would be interesting to know. I have been on the fence of a stadium tour and their ability to sell one. Back in the day absolutely, but who knows now? I think an arena tour with sellouts across the board would have made more sense but I am rooting for them to kill it on the stadiums also, but I admit that I am skeptical.

I wondered how the ticket sales would be too since most of the stadiums hold about 100,000 people. but then again I don't think the back of the stage tickets would be sold to the public.

I would think GNR is guaranteed the shows no matter how many tickets they sell.

I just hope it's not a lot of trouble to get tickets on Friday.

Ticketmaster and live nation have been having weird difficulties lately with trying to get tickets.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I wondered how the ticket sales would be too since most of the stadiums hold about 100,000 people. but then again I don't think the back of the stage tickets would be sold to the public.

I would think GNR is guaranteed the shows no matter how many tickets they sell.

I just hope it's not a lot of trouble to get tickets on Friday.

Ticketmaster and live nation have been having weird difficulties lately with trying to get tickets.

I think most stadiums are in the vicinity of 70,000 capacity for sports. Some a little more, some a little less.

I'm guessing around 50,000 for concerts.

7 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I think most stadiums are in the vicinity of 70,000 capacity for sports. Some a little more, some a little less.

I'm guessing around 50,000 for concerts.

Nahhh, because they load the field up with seats.. Pretty sure it is still about 70,000..

They don't appear to be selling like hotcakes in Boston. If you log onto live nation and "select your own seats" there are a shit ton available from the citi and nightrain sales. They usually don't even give you the option to select your own seats until ticket sales slow down.

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nahhh, because they load the field up with seats.. Pretty sure it is still about 70,000..

They don't appear to be selling like hotcakes in Boston. If you log onto live nation and "select your own seats" there are a shit ton available from the citi and nightrain sales. They usually don't even give you the option to select your own seats until ticket sales slow down.

With the stands being as massive as they are, the seats on the field doesn't make up for what's roped off behind the stage.

Compare the amount of seats behind the stage with what's on the field:

Skjermbilde%202016-04-05%20kl.%2019.21.4

Edited by Spirit

42 minutes ago, BillyMac said:

I am going to be very curious as to how heavy the ticket sales are on all of the Pre-sales in general?

You can see how some of them are doing in real time, at the venues that support the "Buy On Map" function on Ticketmaster. Log into the Citi presale and zoom in on a section, then zoom back out - you'll see all of the available Citi seats in dark blue, and all of the available Nightrain VIP seats in light blue. (The Paradise City VIPs look to be a tough sell in most of these markets at $700+, go figure. It'll be interesting to see if those get dumped into the general onsale after the Nightrain sale ends on the 7th, or if they end up as Ticketmaster "Official Platinum Seats" - any bets?)

You can do this for DC, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Philly, Foxborough, Atlanta, Orlando, New Orleans, Houston, Seattle and Phoenix.

Edited by Blackjacker

Soldier Field in Chicago holds 62,000 for football.  I saw Bon Jovi back to back nights there 4-5 years ago and both were sold out.  Attendance was 52,000 or so for the concerts.  Looks like GnR's seating chart (sections available) is the exact same as Jovi's was.  Chicago should easily sell out Guns.  Maybe even twice.   

I have no doubt Toronto will sell out. Toronto is probably the biggest concert market in Canada. I know someone mentioned in another thread that they couldn't even pull up VIP seats anymore for Toronto in the ongoing presales so that's a decent sign right there that this thing will have no trouble. Maybe not a "let's add a second show" instant sellout but it will.

I think we'll find that for the bigger markets. Smaller ones might be more trouble because of the ticket prices. They should offer some "Lucky Dip" tickets like the Stones did just to get butts in the seats because at least that's more people buying merch, food, etc...

Some of what they lose on offering Lucky Dips is likely made up for by the fans who buy VIP packages anyways. Better than leaving seats empty. With the current price system, even if only one guy per show buys the $1750 package then they've still made 7x more off that particular ticket than someone who bought a standard GA ticket. That's the whole reason they offer VIP stuff because they know some fans will pay it. In their eyes, it might as well be directly to them instead of to the scalpers. All they have to offer is a few generic perks that cost nothing like early entrance, a name badge, and there you go.

As for the second Mexico show, it's just about sold out anyways and that's after selling out a first show in less than an hour. I'd say that's pretty good for a second night.

• Like 2

I just hate Ticketmaster. If it is supposed to be the best seat available I shouldn't see better seats in my section when the damn seat map comes up. It pisses me off. I buy a lot of tickets so it doesn't surprise me but it is still bullshit. Then they won't let me exchange them until the Friday on sale. Then they will probably be gone.

6 minutes ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

Take a look at the map, grey areas are sold out: http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/event/140050499FEC4330?SREF=P_HomePageModule_main

And let's not forget the first night sold out in 30 minutes.

I cant see it, there's a problem with flash player but I was talking about second night. That one hasn't sold out yet.

1 minute ago, thunder120 said:

these shows are selling out and their not even on sale to the public yet?

That's how it usually goes these days with a hundred different presales all going on at the same time, especially on Ticketmaster.