Ticket Demand?

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I do agree the prices are too high and maybe a full stadium tour is pushing it. If I were them I'd have done an arena tour with more dates at reasonably high prices. As hopeful and supportive as I feel toward the band, if they don't sellout basically every venue they'll kill GNR to an extent, at least touring wise.

It isn't authentic enough to take on a Stadium tour at these prices.. Should have just aimed for amphitheaters and arenas for half the money.. I have heard a lot of "fuck that" about ticket prices around here the last two days.. Live Nation is a fucking shady business though. If tickets aren't selling enough they will drop their prices to adjust.

34 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It isn't authentic enough to take on a Stadium tour at these prices.. Should have just aimed for amphitheaters and arenas for half the money.. I have heard a lot of "fuck that" about ticket prices around here the last two days.. Live Nation is a fucking shady business though. If tickets aren't selling enough they will drop their prices to adjust.

How much are the tickets anyway?

22 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

How much are the tickets anyway?

I think they were like $55 - $280 ($308 after fees) in my hometown.. $55 were literally binocular seats and $280 were for the floor and front half lower bowl.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

The authenticity thing is not the big problem. Axl's antics in the past are the biggest problem. Too many late starts and riots. 

there will be no real ticket 'demand' that supply can't handle. at best, a couple of the venues might 'sell out', but even then wannabe scalpers will still be holding at least 25% of the seats.

however, profit margin will be next to zero for these shows since they're stadiums and way overpriced, so many will be stuck holding tickets or forced to sell below face value at the venue. there's going to be lots of empty seats as a result.

38 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The authenticity thing is not the big problem. Axl's antics in the past are the biggest problem. Too many late starts and riots. 

I think you can take all factors and combine them.. I have heard a lot of that stuff too from people.. I was literally just chatting to a friend/acquaintance on facebook who is going to Vegas.. She doesn't follow like we do but was still expecting Adler and Izzy to show up Friday..  She didn't know any details about the Troubador. She said she wants to here Rocket Queen, Anything Goes, Brownstone, My Michelle all of Lies and Dust N' Bones with Izzy.. I told her not to get her hopes up too high ;) 

8 hours ago, Spirit said:

Actually the citi pre-sale seemed to have a real good amount of seats available. I'm estimating that if all those sell, you are left with about 50% of the seats for the general sale.

Not familiar with the Citi-card though. Is this something that many people have in the US, and are eligible for the pre-sale?

Citi is a pretty popular bank/credit card company, at least in the US - so I would imagine many people have a card issued by Citibank. I found the citi presale (at least for MetLife) to be amazingly easy to get tickets, especially compared to other presales ran by their competitors, Chase and American Express, for other shows. Not sure if that is a sign that ticket sales were soft, or people were unaware, or Citi got a large allocation. Might be a combination of the three. 

Personally I think that the reunion of Axl/Slash/Duff didn't get as much mainstream press as I would've thought. Sure, music sites reported on it, but I didn't see it all over the news locally by any means and when I shooed away my coworkers on Monday to concentrate on ordering tickets, several of them were shocked to hear GNR had reunited. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Ticket prices aren't too bad on StubHub. I think tickets will be hard to come by when it goes on sales to the public. It'll be hard to find anything face value due to the scalpers, especially for the Metlfe show. 

Very low prices on SH for the met life show. Basically for many of the seats, it would seem like the seller would only break even after paying the stub hub commission. This seems to be the opposite of what I've seen for other shows - prices are artificially high months before a big show, with the sellers hoping to capitalize on folks who can't get tickets on ticketmaster and are afraid of getting shut out entirely. 

Are they the general public or scalpers? I've been out of the "big" ticket game for awhile. In the Day you could get tickets at a decent price an hour before the show started as you walked up the steps to the arena. 

They are doing two shows in my state. Do I need to buy now or can I get a better ticket from a street scalper night of the show? I'm not talking about paying some dickweed triple the cost on Craigslist. 

I don't mind paying face value or a little more. But not triple. 

Basically, oldtimers, does it work the same way it did twenty years ago. 

16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think you can take all factors and combine them.. I have heard a lot of that stuff too from people.. I was literally just chatting to a friend/acquaintance on facebook who is going to Vegas.. She doesn't follow like we do but was still expecting Adler and Izzy to show up Friday..  She didn't know any details about the Troubador. She said she wants to here Rocket Queen, Anything Goes, Brownstone, My Michelle all of Lies and Dust N' Bones with Izzy.. I told her not to get her hopes up too high ;) 

I've seen you mention Izzy a few times now and while I agree it would be nice if he was there clearly he doesn't want to be, or he would be there.

Should they not tour because Izzy seems to have no interest in making money and playing huge shows?

Financially this is shaping up to be a 9 figure tour. On no planet is it realistic to have Adler be the primary drummer. Guest spots would be fine, but he is just not reliable enough to have that kind of pressure on him.

I wish frankly they had taken Matt and Gilby out instead of Richard and Frank, but Axl is still trying to convince himself he didn't waste the last 20 years of his life so I guess that is the price we have to pay.

I love Izzy but I've moved on from him at this point as he clearly gives zero fucks about the band or its fans. We can't force him to play, and clearly he doesn't want to as I am sure they asked him at some point.

I would be more bothered about Izzy not being there if they were actively cutting him out, but the truth is he doesn't seem to want it so what can we do.

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Are they the general public or scalpers? I've been out of the "big" ticket game for awhile. In the Day you could get tickets at a decent price an hour before the show started as you walked up the steps to the arena. 

They are doing two shows in my state. Do I need to buy now or can I get a better ticket from a street scalper night of the show? I'm not talking about paying some dickweed triple the cost on Craigslist. 

I don't mind paying face value or a little more. But not triple. 

Basically, oldtimers, does it work the same way it did twenty years ago. 

If you're willing to at least do face value, then it seems like the best option is to give Ticketmaster a shot first. If you don't get the seats you want at the price you want, cancel the order and then just wait until closer to the show or show day at which point I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to find a good deal from StubHub or a scalper out front. Personally I think it's better to just buy now if you can and at least you've got the tickets in hand with no hassle later on.

• Like 1

I think if the concerts go well this weekend AND it is hyped in the news and in music magazines etc. there will be a huge demand for tickets. This is legendary and I say that as a casual fan of the band. Even a casual fan like me is excited about this. 

1 minute ago, scorpio123 said:

I think if the concerts go well this weekend AND it is hyped in the news and in music magazines etc. there will be a huge demand for tickets. This is legendary and I say that as a casual fan of the band. Even a casual fan like me is excited about this. 

there is nothing 'legendary' about Slash joining Axl's experimental band project to play 30 year old songs that haven't aged well.

all the hyperbole statements how this nostalgia tour is going to 'historic' or 'legendary' are beyond laughable.

I kinda asked about this in another thread, but if I wait until 10am on Friday or whenever they are officially going on sale for general public, how quickly am I gonna have to act to be able to score anything decent? Do scalpers usually flood the servers right away and grab everything?

I never buy tickets to concerts, and I just want to make sure I don't miss my chance. I'm looking at Philly right now.

13 minutes ago, paranoyd androyd said:

there is nothing 'legendary' about Slash joining Axl's experimental band project to play 30 year old songs that haven't aged well.

all the hyperbole statements how this nostalgia tour is going to 'historic' or 'legendary' are beyond laughable.

Songs that haven't aged well? What? Appetite destroys anything being put out by the music industry today. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, paranoyd androyd said:

Hello?  Why are you here......what do you want?  As Adele sings- "Hello".....

1 hour ago, paranoyd androyd said:

You can not go to a single sporting event with out hearing at least 3 different AFD songs. November Rain is the most popular music video released before YouTube was launched. The first song any kid wants to learn on guitar is SCOM. You can't honestly say the songs haven't aged well. 

• Like 2