Ticket Demand?

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I've read two articles about this, one had to make a correction that arrowhead only seated 34,000 for concerts and one had to say the tour will sell over 1 million tickets and is going to be one of the most successful tours of the year

Yes a lot of the information in the articles is dubious at best. I noticed in one article that they posted a tweet from someone with a picture of the sparse crowd during the opening act noting that "good seats were still available". Now we all know on this message board that the crowd shows up just before guns comes on. Articles like that present a somewhat slanted look at ticket sales. I don't think the band plans on selling out every single date on the tour.

What? So they dont want to sell out those huge stadiums they booked?  Oooohh, now i get it. Now it makes sense.  so the fiasko in chicago was succes, because they didnt want to sell it anyway...  

Articles written about this are almost universaly bad and not accurate. Its a shame.  Its a good topic and nobody really covers it enough or at depth. 

And btw. Yes, they probably sell a lot of tickets. But that on its own does not make it a succes in my opinion.  As i said, promoter made a lot of mistakes and the band is, to be honest, greedy. Instead of "lets forget about all that shit and play because we wont be able to do that in a few years and because its fun" we get "lets get 1mil/night each, whereever and let fucking TM figure out how".

I still cant imagine that 2nd Foxboro show taking place, it is in the middle of the week and the Boston area is not a major hub where people are going to travel to like NYC or Chicago, I am guessing anyone who is interested in seeing the show already has a ticket

On 7/5/2016 at 4:42 PM, IncitingChaos said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/real-reason-why-beyonc-rihanna-184102466.html

They said Beyoncé and Rihanna are playing half empty stadiums bc of the resellers...but I feel like their promoters did the sell out thing so people would think they needed to go and would buy secondary market tickets. Yet they overestimated the market and now are left with unsold tickets. 

But the article could be true, I just don't see scalpers just not selling their tickets for anything at all 

they are not playing 1/2 empty stadiums anywhere because of re-sellers, the author is an idiot and is basically lying to get some hits

11 hours ago, k12 said:

I still cant imagine that 2nd Foxboro show taking place, it is in the middle of the week and the Boston area is not a major hub where people are going to travel to like NYC or Chicago, I am guessing anyone who is interested in seeing the show already has a ticket

I'm gonna kill myself if theycancel that show

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

I'm gonna kill myself if theycancel that show

I think if they get 20k for night 2 they are happy with it.  From my understanding, overall costs are much less for a 2nd night in the same venue.

18 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

tickets are so ridiculously cheap on stubhub right now for the Foxboro shows. I feel like such an asshole for paying full price. You can get on the Floor for $95 bucks now and prices are still dropping.

Same here. And I stupidly bought a second GA ticket during pre-sale thinking I could resell it and subsidize the cost of the one I kept. I'm lucky I was able to sell it for $180 last week. I was in a bit of a battle with the other people on StubHub to see who could drop their price the fastest. Moved from my original listing at $315 down to $180 over the course of a few days to stay as the cheapest ticket, and luckily it got sold.

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Where the fuck is Toronto night two? Pricks. Clearly the Canadians had no problem with the absurd prices. We're too damn polite!

I actually said that aloud in Chicago. I pointed to the closed sections and said "But no second Toronto show.... Huh" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnr>everything said:

Same here. And I stupidly bought a second GA ticket during pre-sale thinking I could resell it and subsidize the cost of the one I kept. I'm lucky I was able to sell it for $180 last week. I was in a bit of a battle with the other people on StubHub to see who could drop their price the fastest. Moved from my original listing at $315 down to $180 over the course of a few days to stay as the cheapest ticket, and luckily it got sold.

Yeah, I did much the same in Pgh. Bought sec 110 Row A tickets during the fanclub presale, and then upgraded to gen adm. PIT tickets during the citi card presale thinking the others would be REALLY easy to sell, and I could maybe even make a buck. Yeah, took me over a month to sell and I ate $75 on the pair, but I was very happy not to have to eat $500 on em.

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Where the fuck is Toronto night two? Pricks. Clearly the Canadians had no problem with the absurd prices. We're too damn polite!

I'd be enjoying "Night Two" in Bankruptcy Court......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ironmt said:

According to this article ticket sales are just fine.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-parking-lot-a-mini-documentary/

They literally quote the wall street article as their source, it's the exact same information copied and pasted they've just decided to spin it more positively as a rock website, not a business website. 

Went to the Nashville show and it was very close to a sellout. Prob almost 50k there. I think even Cincinnati had 40k. Only show that was lower was KC so far. I can't speak for the 2nd shows they added in major cities. That was a bad idea by the promoters. It makes what was a sellout the previous night look bad when the 2nd show is struggling. 

1 hour ago, cremefraiche said:

They literally quote the wall street article as their source, it's the exact same information copied and pasted they've just decided to spin it more positively as a rock website, not a business website. 

I do believe that the numbers are fabricated as far as $100,000,000 in ticket sales for 6 shows but this tour Is not a failure by any stretch of the Imagination and will most likely be one of the top grossing tours of 2016. Hell they could play the T-mobile arena 3-4 nights per week and sell out every night.

Edited by ironmt

15 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I do believe that the numbers are fabricated as far as $100,000,000 in ticket sales for 6 shows but this tour Is not a failure by any stretch of the Imagination and will most likely be one of the top grossing tours of 2016. Hell they could play the T-mobile arena 3-4 nights per week and sell out every night.

Pretty much! There's no way anyone with even the slightest business sense would have put on second shows anywhere if the entire tour wasn't already going to profit hugely. Not to mention, this is only the first U.S Leg! Ticket sales would have had to have been abysmal at all shows for this whole thing not to be a sucess

• Like 1

Just now, cremefraiche said:

Pretty much! There's no way anyone with even the slightest business sense would have put on second shows anywhere if the entire tour wasn't already going to profit hugely. Not to mention, this is only the first U.S Leg! Ticket sales would have had to have been abysmal at all shows for this whole thing not to be a sucess

Very true.

15 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

This is the only US leg that we know of for sure...not sure what you mean by first US leg, unless you are referring to the fact that this is the first leg in the US, more legs to come in other areas of the world.  

Edited by tsinindy

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This is the only US leg that we know of for sure...not sure what you mean by first US leg, unless you are referring to the fact that this is the first leg in the US, more legs to come in other areas of the world.  

Nice new profile picture, It had to feel pretty damn good being In Cincinnati. I think you guys got the best show of the tour so far.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No I was just being hypothetical to make a point that there's no way this tour won't be financially successful. 

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if after they've done Europe, South America, Asia, Australia etc they'll add extra smaller U.S dates after and/or in between. It's more common than not and I actually can't think of a recent world tour (again, hypothesizing that this will become a world tour) by a major rock artist that hasn't taken a similar approach.

It's certainly not uncommon as most of these sorts of people live in the U.S and find it much easier and cheaper to base themselves at home, as opposed to tour bus or hotel, and just fly to the individual gigs and fly home again for a day or so.

33 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

No I was just being hypothetical to make a point that there's no way this tour won't be financially successful. 

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if after they've done Europe, South America, Asia, Australia etc they'll add extra smaller U.S dates after and/or in between. It's more common than not and I actually can't think of a recent world tour (again, hypothesizing that this will become a world tour) by a major rock artist that hasn't taken a similar approach.

It's certainly not uncommon as most of these sorts of people live in the U.S and find it much easier and cheaper to base themselves at home, as opposed to tour bus or hotel, and just fly to the individual gigs and fly home again for a day or so.

Ah, yes I agree it will be successful from a lucrative standpoint.  We shall see what the future holds, hopefully lots to come!

• Like 2