Ticket Demand?

4 hours ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

4 for $100.  now that would be nice.

Fucking disgusting.. There are $75 on stubhub tickets for the first "Sold Out" Foxboro show. Floor seats that were $280! Seats that I paid $280 for.. $308 after charges!

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Oh my god.. They just released a shit load more floor seats for the first "Sold Out" Foxboro show.. This is fucking pathetic..

They probably added seats in the back.  They did that for Nashville.

Edit:. Or unsold VIP package seats that are being released as regular seats...happens every show.

Edited by tsinindy

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

They probably added seats in the back.  They did that for Nashville.

No they just released the whole section B1.. I doubt they would have added them since half Section A didn't even sell. They add more rows there everyday. This was a "Sold Out" show.. My ass hurts more everyday from this crap.. No one is buying these since you can get them for a 1/3 of the price on stubhub.

seats.PNG

Edited by Tom-Ass

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

No they just released the whole section B1.. I doubt they would have added them since half Section A didn't even sell. They add more rows there everyday.

seats.PNG

Yah they are just adding seating they did that in Chicago and Nashville (or they hold those seats back until other sections completely sell for logistical reasons).  Those section A seats are likely VIP tix or released VIP tix.

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah they are just adding seating they did that in Chicago and Nashville (or they hold those seats back until other sections completely sell for logistical reasons).  Those section A seats are likely VIP tix or released VIP tix.

Either way it is bullshit.. The floor will be half empty between these seats and whatever is on stubhub.. Kind of a tough pill to swallow when you paid $616 dollars for a pair of tickets. Fuck all the douche bags that gave me shit for my "tour overpriced for the demand" thread. 

If their was a day in between I would go to both shows.. By a cheap ticket for the second to ease the pain a little.

35 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Either way it is bullshit.. The floor will be half empty between these seats and whatever is on stubhub.. Kind of a tough pill to swallow when you paid $616 dollars for a pair of tickets. Fuck all the douche bags that gave me shit for my "tour overpriced for the demand" thread. 

If their was a day in between I would go to both shows.. By a cheap ticket for the second to ease the pain a little.

Yeah I remember telling you confidently that tickets would be a lot cheaper in stadiuns than thr Vegas shows. I definitely have to admit I was completely wrong.

They tried to charge Stones prices in stadiums. Combine that with an absurd amount of stadium dates and its no wonder they overshot demand. 

Tickets should have been 25-175 before fees. I got a little screwed in Detroit, bought a floor ticket through the awful nightrain sale since it made you think it was selling out super fast. Ended up taking an 85 dollar hit selling it and buying a GA ticket. Only spent 150 for a GA ticket to the second Chicago show so it evened out for me. Sucks for those who over paid, though. Fuck the promoters and live nation

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah I remember telling you confidently that tickets would be a lot cheaper in stadiuns than thr Vegas shows. I definitely have to admit I was completely wrong.

Well you're not a douche bag for that haha..

More the the people saying "then stay home".. Or "It isn't over priced because they are selling out everywhere".. How did that work out? I'll deal but my buddy has already caught wind that we could have gotten tix for a third of the price.. Never mind when he looks around and the floor is half empty. I wanted to hit so many shows this summer.. Just ain't happening.. Looks like I am one and done.. Though if I am blown away on Tues I might look into scoring a cheap ticket for NJ..

15 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

Same thing happening in Toronto.

There are over 500 tickets right now for a show that sold out in minutes (including PIT tickets).  Although prices are still the same as the day they originally went on sale.

Looks like that will still sell out though and they are pretty much the last couple rows in a few sections they are releasing. What is happening in Foxboro is just not right...

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Well you're not a douche bag for that haha..

More the the people saying "then stay home".. Or "It isn't over priced because they are selling out everywhere".. How did that work out? I'll deal but my buddy has already caught wind that we could have gotten tix for a third of the price.. Never mind when he looks around and the floor is half empty. I wanted to hit so many shows this summer.. Just ain't happening.. Looks like I am one and done.. Though if I am blown away on Tues I might look into scoring a cheap ticket for NJ..

I really do think the show will blow you away. Frank really improved RQ and DTJ imo and the bands much tighter now

I know that dkesnt help the prices though lol

35 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I really do think the show will blow you away. Frank really improved RQ and DTJ imo and the bands much tighter now

I know that dkesnt help the prices though lol

Still not sold on Rocket Queen but that is mostly due to the Fortus contributions.. Frank totally sucked on My Michelle the other night but he has improved on other songs.. Not sure I will be blown away as I saw them 3 times in their hey day and then saw them in Vegas. But I am sure it will be a great show.

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

They added seats in front of VIP box B but not in front of VIP box A. The lack of symmetry bugs me. Not to mention the seats at appear to be in the isles...

They didn't just not release seats in front of VIP A they completely blanked out where there were once grayed out seats. So it is always going to be lopsided. Even more lopsided sided, I guess, since the stadium isn't exactly looking symmetrical in the back end. And speaking of the random unsymmetrical back end,  another change on the map is that they added multiple rows to sections 142 and 143- not released seats that were grayed out, but added seats that weren't there previously. Available seats on the gray no seating area looks funny (though I have seen it on other charts as well).

Um... I just read what I typed. Though it might be starting to look like a possibility, I promise I don't have OCD.

Edited by sanity_lost
I don't have OCD!

On 12. juli 2016 at 2:34 AM, ironmt said:

I do believe that the numbers are fabricated as far as $100,000,000 in ticket sales for 6 shows but this tour Is not a failure by any stretch of the Imagination and will most likely be one of the top grossing tours of 2016. Hell they could play the T-mobile arena 3-4 nights per week and sell out every night.

It's not $100 mill in ticket sales for 6 shows, it's for the whole tour, up to and including San Diego.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spirit said:

It's not $100 mill in ticket sales for 6 shows, it's for the whole tour, up to and including San Diego.

The article clearly says

At six shows into the tour, it has already grossed more than $100,000,000 in ticket sales."

Which Is extremely hard to believe and would most likely be for the whole tour.

36 minutes ago, ironmt said:

The article clearly says

At six shows into the tour, it has already grossed more than $100,000,000 in ticket sales."

Which Is extremely hard to believe and would most likely be for the whole tour.

It's meant as a time reference. They're six shows into the tour, and tickets are still for sale for the rest of the tour, but a lot of them are sold – $100 million total so far.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

It's meant as a time reference. They're six shows into the tour, and tickets are still for sale for the rest of the tour, but a lot of them are sold – $100 million total so far.

That definitely makes more sense. With the South America Tour now confirmed and most likely more dates to follow that this tour will bring In hundreds of millions of dollars.

They are scrambling so hard to sell tix for the second Foxboro show.. Commercials on the radio constantly saying how the first show Sold Out but their is still tix available for the second lol. Meanwhile there is still 2 to 3 thousand tix left on ticketmaster for the first show.

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They are scrambling so hard to sell tix for the second Foxboro show.. Commercials on the radio constantly saying how the first show Sold Out but their is still tix available for the second lol. Meanwhile there is still 2 to 3 thousand tix left on ticketmaster for the first show.

They should be scrambling hard to sell tickets and should have been doing so for some time. Actually they would have been better off just canceling the second show. It looks like the upper deck Is closed and they still didn't sell any tickets.

4 minutes ago, ironmt said:

They should be scrambling hard to sell tickets and should have been doing so for some time. Actually they would have been better off just canceling the second show. It looks like the upper deck Is closed and they still didn't sell any tickets.

yeah, everyone wants to be at the first show and they can get those tix for pennies from re-sellers... Tough pill to swallow that the die hards got robbed for utilizing the presale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

yeah, everyone wants to be at the first show and they can get those tix for pennies from re-sellers... Tough pill to swallow that the die hards got robbed for utilizing the presale.

Yes It Is.