Ticket Demand?

On July 22, 2016 at 11:41 PM, sanity_lost said:

To preface my opinion- it is really difficult to tell what is going on by looking at the ticketmaster seating chart, but I don't think they could close the entire top level. Even if they are holding back every other row, that is a lot of people they would have to find a place for down below. I think... assuming they aren't holding back even more tickets than I'm already estimating... it would be questionable if they'd have enough space for everyone. That is along with the expectation that they will be doing discounts like they have for previous shows, they have been doing a pretty good job of moving tickets in a underselling venue.

I doubt they'll close the entire top level, but they may close individual sections and move those people down to fill the unsold seats. Probably even do quite a bit of upgrading people on the spot. On previous show you could see sections of seating in the lower areas suddenly disappearing which indicated they were going to be closing upper areas. I haven't seen that happen yet for this show (we are talking the second night right?). That could be because they have chunks of seating they never made available they will simply move the people to or they just haven't started shifting people yet. I think I'll keep an eye on the map to see if there are any strange seat movements.

It also bugs me that I can't see the seating chart for the first show. What is up with that?

If this were to happen, what is the process stadiums take to upgrade people? Do they inform you when you enter the stadium?  I have 300 level tickets for Sunday. 

This was posted on HTGTH, but figured it might help some here... ticket buyers from Saturday got a "Bounce Back" offer yesterday for Sunday tix... basically they cut 75% of the tix's prices in half for this offer... did not include any floors, pits, or the very lowest rows in the lower levels, but you can get tix right on the side of the stage for $90 after fees now, and tix upstairs are as low as $17.50 before fees...  I purchased aisle seats in the 200 level for $49 after fees just because it's still easier than buying from a scalper after a long ride, and I've already seen the show close up in Philly... 

Follow this link and use code WELCOME

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/00005081B579BA1F?did=wpodgh8455krhi98&c=EML_LN_1195797&camefrom=EMLN_1195797&fg=sv&f__display_landing_popup=true&ab=m_efeat2788v4desktop

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheDave0206 said:

This was posted on HTGTH, but figured it might help some here... ticket buyers from Saturday got a "Bounce Back" offer yesterday for Sunday tix... basically they cut 75% of the tix's prices in half for this offer... did not include any floors, pits, or the very lowest rows in the lower levels, but you can get tix right on the side of the stage for $90 after fees now, and tix upstairs are as low as $17.50 before fees...  I purchased aisle seats in the 200 level for $49 after fees just because it's still easier than buying from a scalper after a long ride, and I've already seen the show close up in Philly... 

Follow this link and use code WELCOME

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/00005081B579BA1F?did=wpodgh8455krhi98&c=EML_LN_1195797&camefrom=EMLN_1195797&fg=sv&f__display_landing_popup=true&ab=m_efeat2788v4desktop

Did this yesterday and got 300 level sideline row 2 for $27.50 (like $45 after fees which is nuts). 

Saw them on the rail in Philly. No problem being further away this time. May even upgrade us if it doesn't sell well. Who knows. If not, I'm still good. 

Checking the map, there still seems to be sections with no tickets that I can't imagine they are even releasing. The rest of the stadium has a bunch available, and they seem to be adding some more floor seats.  As far as I can tell anyway. 

On 7/23/2016 at 9:47 AM, mrw80 said:

If this were to happen, what is the process stadiums take to upgrade people? Do they inform you when you enter the stadium?  I have 300 level tickets for Sunday. 

I just saw this now. Sorry it is probably too late to be of any help. Not that it would be much help anyway because really I don't know. From comments I've seen it seems to depend on the venue on how they do things when they close down sections. No one is told before hand from what I can tell. DC made everyone line up in the same line and get their tickets exchanged at a desk. I don't know how KC did it, but if I remember right the second Chicago show had people stationed at the entrance to the sections who had a stack of tickets to exchange. 

I think probably because the general public still don't fully 'trust' GnR, and if you release numbers that are anything less than a sell out it will open them up to a whole bunch of scrutiny and nitpicky articles. Who knows though :shrugs:

sometimes they chuck older dates in the weekly data, from months passed. Probably just something to do with when the promoters choose to release them or whatever, but still pays to keep an eye on billboard every week because you never know when the numbers from a past show may pop up. 

On 7/31/2016 at 11:21 PM, cremefraiche said:

I think probably because the general public still don't fully 'trust' GnR, and if you release numbers that are anything less than a sell out it will open them up to a whole bunch of scrutiny and nitpicky articles. Who knows though :shrugs:

sometimes they chuck older dates in the weekly data, from months passed. Probably just something to do with when the promoters choose to release them or whatever, but still pays to keep an eye on billboard every week because you never know when the numbers from a past show may pop up. 

If that's the case, they should at least release the dates that were sold out.  Especially in an medium/average market like Orlando.  Them selling out Orlando speaks volumes on how successful this tour has been so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

If that's the case, they should at least release the dates that were sold out.  Especially in an medium/average market like Orlando.  Them selling out Orlando speaks volumes on how successful this tour has been so far.

Orlando did well, only because it was the only Florida date.  Fans in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, and the Tampa areas all had to make the trip to Orlando if they were going to see this tour.

Most of the time, when events like this come around, the bands will stop once in Miami, and a second time in either Tampa or Orlando.  Miami's football stadium couldn't be used this time due to renovations, and the tour manager probably couldn't work out a date/deal to play at the baseball stadium in Miami. 

I don't know. Apart from the second shows in the same stadium the tour seems to sell very well. That's at least my impression so far. Even most critical markets seemed packed when the show started. Still there is a lot of negativity about this tour's selling numbers on here. Am I wrong, or what's this all about?

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

The 2nd Boston show looked very bad on the seat map, but at the end there were actually lots of people. the lower balconys were packed. so not everything is as bad as people make it

Yeah, I thought for sure MetLife 2 would be desolate in the 300s, and while it was loose and pretty open compared to night 1, there were still tons of people.

What have been the most attended shows (Top 5 or 6?) so far?  My guess for top 5:

1. East Rutherford Night 1

2. Arlington/Dallas (stadium Capacity much bigger than Foxboro or Chicago)

3. Foxboro Night 1

4. Chicago Night 1

5. Orlando

2 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

What have been the most attended shows (Top 5 or 6?) so far?  My guess for top 5:

1. East Rutherford Night 1

2. Arlington/Dallas (stadium Capacity much bigger than Foxboro or Chicago)

3. Foxboro Night 1

4. Chicago Night 1

5. Orlando

Toronto? 

5 minutes ago, Original said:

Toronto? 

Forgot about Toronto.  Rogers Center full capacity is 53,506.  I don't know how much they lose for concert capacity relative to the football stadiums.  Camping World Stadium (Orlando) base capacity is 60,000 and the GNR concert capacity was probably around 47,000, maybe a little more.

37 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I think in the end, Live Nation's predictions will prove to be accurate (or close)...that they should sell close to a million tickets...which would be around 90% of available tickets for the tour.

so it seems 1mil divide by 25 equals 40k? how come? I would say Chi, Philly, Arlington, NYC...had like 60k...

58 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

so it seems 1mil divide by 25 equals 40k? how come? I would say Chi, Philly, Arlington, NYC...had like 60k...

Well, you got to consider the shows in the less relatively popular areas (Nashville, Kansas City, Cincinnati, etc.) and I highly doubt those sold above 40k unless I am mistaken.

Edited by Anguyen92

1 hour ago, Anguyen92 said:

Well, you got to consider the shows in the less relatively popular areas (Nashville, Kansas City, Cincinnati, etc.) and I highly doubt those sold above 40k unless I am mistaken.

Nashville was sold out... Cinncy was said to have had 40k... not sure about KC...

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I don't think that Soldier Field or Lincoln Financial Field (Chicago and Philly) have enough capacity to fit 60k in for a concert.  They both seat under 70k for football.  Of the places they've played on this tour, I think only Metlife Stadium (NY) and AT&T Stadium (Arlington) are big enough to get to 60k with an end stage setup.