Ticket Demand?

Maybe im more optimistic than most others but I think they can sell out or at least put in 40,000+ to these venues. Just checking the ticketmaster interactive map of places like Philly, Orlando, Boston, Houston, etc looks to me like they're gonna sell out. I can't even access the NY, Toronto, chicago, Dallas or other big market maps but I assume cause of the big population that theyll sell out or do well. I mean tickets dont officially go on sale to the general public till tomorrow and even than theres 3 months till the tour actually starts to sell more tickets.

1 hour ago, Garren said:

So, I'm looking to buy tickets in the $80 range for the Aug. 3 show... would you guys recommend I use a presale code and get them now? Or wait until the public sale starts and move fast from there?

If I should go with a presale, then which would you guys recommend? (I can't go with the Nightrain presale as I don't have membership.)

Just FYI, you can load multiple presale codes at once. Today to look at the Orlando map out of curiosity I loaded the Facebook code and the Citi card code, then checked both kinds of tickets

9 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

Maybe im more optimistic than most others but I think they can sell out or at least put in 40,000+ to these venues. Just checking the ticketmaster interactive map of places like Philly, Orlando, Boston, Houston, etc looks to me like they're gonna sell out. I can't even access the NY, Toronto, chicago, Dallas or other big market maps but I assume cause of the big population that theyll sell out or do well. I mean tickets dont officially go on sale to the general public till tomorrow and even than theres 3 months till the tour actually starts to sell more tickets.

I'm a bit biased because I'm in Florida, but Orlando should be telling about tour demand. For the No. 3 state in population, you have one date in a centrally located big city, easily accessible from all regions of the state. If that show can't sell, the tour is in need of another headliner.

is this a joke that people are actually concerned about not being able to buy tickets?

right this moment, you can buy as many PIT GA seats that you want for Fri and Sat shows in Vegas.

there's zero chance you won't be able to buy tickets for face value (or below) for any of the stadiums all the way up until the shows start.

anyone who pays a premium over face value simply doesn't understand the market and what these shows really represent.

1 hour ago, paranoyd androyd said:

right this moment, you can buy as many PIT GA seats that you want for Fri and Sat shows in Vegas.

Not at face value. They're still available at StubHub yes, but it's more expensive.

I got some OK tickets through the NightTrain presale for Nashville that were in the section right beside the stage on the outer aisle... It said Full View, but we sat there for the Stones and it cut about half of the stage off from that angle and we couldn't see Charlie, etc. I threw them on Stubhub this morning and got rid of them for face value and am going to try again in the regular sale. Hope I don't regret it, but have a good feeling about it! Good luck everyone!

Edited by ajdintn

35 minutes ago, Shuttleboy23 said:

Well I'm officially sick now. I've got section next to stage in Nashville row B on the aisle. You think those will be bad seats?

No, that low you will be totally fine. Once you get up into the double rows like AA, BB like I was then it gets dicey. Keep those!!!

anyone willing to calculate the possibility of every ticket being sold out and multiplying sections with their respective ticket prices to see the eventual gross? I presume it would yield much more than the promised 3-5 mil per show....

Edited by scooby845

40 minutes ago, thunder120 said:

is it, we just got our tickets section 226 at Metlife. at 10:30

When I clicked it said no tix available. Some pop up if people abandon their shopping cart, etc ... but that won't be 1000s of tickets, maybe a scattering in each section. Either way, I think its a good sign when first day sales are that strong and will likely result in a sell out, excluding the VIP tickets, which they can easily convert to regular tickets by stripping away the perks like open bar and commemorative crap and just sell them based on seat location. 

1 hour ago, mrw80 said:

Hence the word "basically". Tickets are not as plentiful as some had predicted. 

I struggled this morning to get tickets but managed to get 2 on the 3rd tier in the end. I'm annoyed because I'm sure there are better seats available but I was pushed for time and it just kept saying "No tickets available".

Delighted to get tickets though! A Summer's day in July.

2 hours ago, goneshootin said:

When I clicked it said no tix available. Some pop up if people abandon their shopping cart, etc ... but that won't be 1000s of tickets, maybe a scattering in each section. Either way, I think its a good sign when first day sales are that strong and will likely result in a sell out, excluding the VIP tickets, which they can easily convert to regular tickets by stripping away the perks like open bar and commemorative crap and just sell them based on seat location. 

the VIP tickets are all gone for Metlife. There might be one or two left, but if you want a pair, they were sold out on April 2nd

As of 12:05pm Las Vegas time, it appears that several of the shows are not off to a strong start from a sales standpoint (according to Ticketmaster searches). 

Seems that maybe MetLife and Soldier Field are capable of supporting a second day but there are a lot of tickets in the northeast between there, Philadephia, Boston, and of course Washington DC is only a few hours away by car.  Didn't check Boston's sales but it seems that Philly still has a lot of seats remaining.  

Armchair concert promoters out there, do you think the price point is too high? 

33 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

As of 12:05pm Las Vegas time, it appears that several of the shows are not off to a strong start from a sales standpoint (according to Ticketmaster searches). 

Seems that maybe MetLife and Soldier Field are capable of supporting a second day but there are a lot of tickets in the northeast between there, Philadephia, Boston, and of course Washington DC is only a few hours away by car.  Didn't check Boston's sales but it seems that Philly still has a lot of seats remaining.  

Armchair concert promoters out there, do you think the price point is too high? 

Boston and Toronto basically sold out.

Philly 90% sold-out.