6lake sa66ath

*OFFICIAL* MERCHANDISE THREAD

I don't care too much about merch even the OTT stuff but it would feel a lot less grabby if accompanied by an album which, lets face it, is what most fans want!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is usually how I feel about it.. If you don't like it don't buy it type of thing but this truck is getting kind of pathetic.. A fucking toy truck? They are a rock n' roll band.. How about releasing something that has to do with music? Fuck.. Talk about a deprived fan base compared to other bands. I don't even care if they release new music to be honest but how about a live album or a proper box set with true unreleased music from the classic days or both.  For a band as big as they were there is hardly anything out there from the classic era.. Something half as good as KISS' Kissolgy set would be great. That was an amazing release for fans.. They could throw whatever they have for live shows, TV appearances, one off performances, backstage footage, old commercials.. Scrape up everything you can find and release it for the fans. Trucks and Pink Pop toys are just lame... I even have the stupid Pink Pop dolls because someone gave them too me as a gift.  They would have been a lot cooler if there was am Izzy one.. 

I can relate to this sentiment. People I like to pal around with seem to be happy about the truck, so.. I'll just leave it there. I get gifted GNR figures and such too, ugh.

I will say that Ive seen these kinda trucks before but with different branding. They were given out as parting gifts for people who worked on a project to re route actual trucks that ship nation wide. A friend was on contract for the project. He and the lead truckers got these toy trucks with the food companies branding - otherwise they look identical to these.

I kinda wonder if in a similar vein, the GNR road crew was given them as gifts and then TB realized theyd save more cash if they bought in an even larger bulk quantity? And then cash in more on the fanbase by trying to sell us the additional trucks. But that would at least make some sense and not be pure greed, so Im sure Im wrong!

21 hours ago, nycgunner said:

I don’t get why people want this truck or the dolls. Seems strange and childish to me. 

I think they are cute and keeping them in the box for future generations is a good thing.

Look at all the crap people kept for a million years and now are making tons of money on ebay. Who would have thought when I was a kid, people would be paying a lot of money for a doll or a board game I had back then.

I think it's cool to collect these funco dolls. I have tons of horror ones like Jason, Michael and Freddie. I have them all on a shelf.

It's just like buying anything else you like.

The trucks are just a licensing deal. The band sells the right to someone to put stickers with their IP on an existing product. Same as t-shirts, koozies, etc.  At the end of the day its up to the band or its management to decide what to license. 

Edited by frankmiller
Grammar

I do hope they sell the 2020 GNR calendar.

I have pre-ordered some calendars on calendars.com, but none for GNR. Got my brother a Motorhead calendar. Very cool!

I will probably get an email and order it right away. I know they sold out quickly last year.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 12:48 PM, allwaystired said:

I mean, if you want to buy a toy truck with 'guns n roses' printed on the side, then go for it. You'll probably never get laid ever again if you leave it around the house, but there we go. 

That boxset monstrosity is a definite passion killer.

I am still waiting for GNR to release their own brand of GNR Home Vault where you can from the comfort of your home store all your personal projects that you never intend on releasing to the general public

• Haha 1

I just got an email from Guns n' Roses promoting their new Guns N' Roses laundry bag? 

At one time I would have thought it was a prank, but it isn't..  Then I log on here and all I see is posts about leaked CD songs (they really should be lumped together).. Aside from  2001- 2015, my interest in this band is at an all time low..  

https://gnrmerch.com/products/back-to-school-mystery-bundle?variant=29520006217826

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:48 AM, allwaystired said:

You'll probably never get laid ever again if you leave it around the house, but there we go. 

Challenge accepted

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just got an email from Guns n' Roses promoting their new Guns N' Roses laundry bag? 

At one time I would have thought it was a prank, but it isn't..  Then I log on here and all I see is posts about leaked CD songs (they really should be lumped together).. Aside from  2001- 2015, my interest in this band is at an all time low..  

https://gnrmerch.com/products/back-to-school-mystery-bundle?variant=29520006217826

They certainly are airing out the dirty laundry today huh?!

The bag includes a free shirt too...but its probably old and smelly.

• Like 1

So after alittle over a year and recently getting a new job that pays a bit more I caved - I bought the locked and loaded box on a payment plan. I mean I KNOW I'm really just paying for the box itself but i dont care. Cant wait to get it. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, charliehoodger said:

So after alittle over a year and recently getting a new job that pays a bit more I caved - I bought the locked and loaded box on a payment plan. I mean I KNOW I'm really just paying for the box itself but i dont care. Cant wait to get it. 

i opened it 1 time to see the certificate of authenticity and the number that i got. Sees good next to the hometeather.... sadly not bluray concerts inside (they need to release some old shit for the fans), but the bluray audio 5.1 rocks a lot!!! Enjoy it!

And the laundry bag can suck my dick. Take my money releasin old gigs on bluray pls.

Edited by axlvai

8 hours ago, KURT19 said:

They certainly are airing out the dirty laundry today huh?!

The bag includes a free shirt too...but its probably old and smelly.

The free shirt is probably from duffs merch line....punk as fuck 🙄

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yep way to go fernando with the merch line!. This band really needs a new management team

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who needs new music when you have laundry bags? I really hope Team Brazil takes notes and releases GN'R toilet paper rolls or GN'R skull shape Febreze scent next! Seriously, Fernando I just gave you more ideas...

Edited by DarkLotus1111
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Who needs new music when you have laundry bags? I really hope Team Brazil takes notes and releases GN'R toilet paper rolls or GN'R skull shape Febreze scent next! Seriously, Fernando I just gave you more ideas...

I dont know why this band doesnt be more like kiss and have a gnr coffin for us die hard fans.

• GNFNR 1

Hey guys,  I'd ask in the L&L thread but it hasnt been replied to in a while- does anyone know A) how long it takes for the Locked and loaded box to ship? And B) can you guys tell me where to find that cassette tape in it? Thanks for the help.

9 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

Hey guys,  I'd ask in the L&L thread but it hasnt been replied to in a while- does anyone know A) how long it takes for the Locked and loaded box to ship? And B) can you guys tell me where to find that cassette tape in it? Thanks for the help.

Mine literally arrived the day after I ordered it.

Look for the cassette hidden behind one of the pull-out drawers.

Looking forward to seeing what fresh designs they use on this last leg..

Tonight the flyer style 80s logo they've used would look great on a long sleeve tee and lithograph.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know why this band doesnt be more like kiss and have a gnr coffin for us die hard fans.

If they made that available I would totally get one for myself for when I die. 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2019 at 3:13 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think they are cute and keeping them in the box for future generations is a good thing.

Look at all the crap people kept for a million years and now are making tons of money on ebay. Who would have thought when I was a kid, people would be paying a lot of money for a doll or a board game I had back then.

I think it's cool to collect these funco dolls. I have tons of horror ones like Jason, Michael and Freddie. I have them all on a shelf.

It's just like buying anything else you like.

Or the transformers and he-man figurines. The 80s ones can fetch nice bucks.